Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 202

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Nips's Avatar
    Nips is offline -> This space for rent <-
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    575
    vCash
    1500

    AFC West schedule

    Broncos first 8 games are tough like a $2 steak- I honestly dont see them winning more than 2 games in their 1st 8 games, even with Manning...

    *Bold indicates win

    Broncos-

    Steelers
    @Falcons
    Texans
    Raiders
    @Patriots
    @Chargers
    Bye
    Saints
    Bengals

    That's a rough 8 games.. I'd be very surprised if they somehow manage 3 wins in the first half of the season- 2-6 and the media are going to be surrounding like sharks and questioning the bank they paid for Manning-

    Chiefs-

    Falcons
    @Bills
    @Saints
    Chargers
    Ravens
    @Bucs
    Bye
    Raiders
    Chargers

    Nother tuff one for the Chiefs- See them splitting with the Chargers, Losing a close one at home opening week vs the Falcons- pretty similar teams but Matt Ryan proves to be the better QB and gives the Chiefs a loss at home in week 1. 4-4 by the halfway point

    Chargers-

    @Raiders
    Titans
    Falcons

    @Chiefs
    @Saints
    Broncos
    Bye
    @Browns
    Chiefs

    Chargers split with the Chiefs and sit in the division by the halfway point with a 5-3 record, Rivers proves he's the best QB still in the division and hands the Broncos their worst loss of the year in week 6-, lose a close one to the Chiefs in their first meeting. Rivers and Ryan are a good matchup in week 3 but Rivers proves to be the better of the two..

    Raiders-

    Chargers
    @Dolphins
    Steelers
    @Broncos
    Bye
    Falcons
    Jags
    @Chiefs
    Bucs

    Monday night, opening night in Oakland- where they sold out every game last year- place will be packed and loud- Janikowski wins it with a FG.. Raiders finally get that win in Florida in September beating the Dolphins in week 2 - law of averages say its their time- With a bye, Raiders have 2 weeks, go into Atlanta and upset the Falcons.. Jags and Bucs at home prove not to be a problem- Lose to in division rivals Broncos and Chiefs to tie with the Chargers at the halfway point at 5-3

    Final standing in the AFC West by mid point week 9

    Chargers 5-3
    Raiders 5-3
    Chiefs 4-4
    Broncos 2-6
    Last edited by Nips; 07-08-2012 at 09:34 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Down Yonder
    Posts
    9,751
    vCash
    1500
    This should be in the Raiders forum. It stinks like Raider homerism.

    Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

  3. #3
    Nips's Avatar
    Nips is offline -> This space for rent <-
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    575
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyburch View Post
    This should be in the Raiders forum. It stinks like Raider homerism.
    U mad bro?

    How can this be Raider homerism when I have the Raiders losing to both the Chiefs and Broncos?

    The Falcons pick was on the fence.. I took into count the Raiders having a bye week and took into account Dennis Allens 4 year stint as a coach in Atlanta

    The Raiders have been drumming the Bucs in Oakland since the SB- the Bucs are an awful team.. every time the Bucs travel to Oakland they get an ***** whoopin.. the Jags are a mess.. The Raiders started last year 5-2 and were 7-4 at one point.. don't see how this is even remotely considered homerism- The Raiders have beaten the Charger 3 outta the last 4 games.. Monday night, in Oaland.. I do have the Raiders splitting in the division so I expect the Chargers to beat the Raiders later in the year-

    But forget about the other 3 teams... Lets take a closer look at the Broncos schedule

    I'd like for you to tell me where you think the Broncos are going to get their wins from in the first 8 weeks

    Steelers? - Man they gonna seriuosly mess the Broncos up.. 1st game, It's gonna take a god couple games for the Broncos to get on the same page with Manning

    That Broncos OL is *****.. lets just call things the way they are... very average to below par WR and that DL in Denver might be the worst one in the NFL

    Big Bens gonna tear the Broncos a new arse in week 1... I predict something like a 41-17 type game

    @Falcons.. This was a tough game to predict but I just don't see the Broncos getting it all together by week 2 and this is Atlanta's opening game of the season at home... They are a more rounded team- I do see a close game- but not enough from Denvers Defense to seal a win... slight edge -Falcons

    Texans - Texans offense is pretty potent- Denver simply doesn't have the defense to contain that team....

    Raiders - Broncos get their first win... *homerism*

    @Patriots - Lets just not waste anytime on this one mkay?

    @Chargers C'mon, the Broncos have won what? 2 times in San Diego the last 10 years or something? Broncos squeeked out a OT win last year by a couple boneheaded plays by the Chargers.. One other reason for my Chargers pick is that they will be coming home after 2 games on the road- both losses to the Saints and Chiefs.. don't see the Chargers losing 3 in a row.. unfortunately the Broncos are gonna have to be the ones the Chargers are gonna take it out on...

    Bye

    @Saints - See Patriots above

    Bengals -
    Break out the party hats

    Tell me where you disagree with my picks
    Last edited by Nips; 07-08-2012 at 10:43 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    93
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nips View Post
    U mad bro?

    How can this be Raider homerism when I have the Raiders losing to both the Chiefs and Broncos?

    The Falcons pick was on the fence.. I took into count the Raiders having a bye week and took into account Dennis Allens 4 year stint as a coach in Atlanta

    The Raiders have been drumming the Bucs in Oakland since the SB- the Bucs are an awful team.. every time the Bucs travel to Oakland they get an ***** whoopin.. the Jags are a mess.. The Raiders started last year 5-2 and were 7-4 at one point.. don't see how this is even remotely considered homerism- The Raiders have beaten the Charger 3 outta the last 4 games.. Monday night, in Oaland.. I do have the Raiders splitting in the division so I expect the Chargers to beat the Raiders later in the year-

    But forget about the other 3 teams... Lets take a closer look at the Broncos schedule

    I'd like for you to tell me where you think the Broncos are going to get their wins from in the first 8 weeks

    Steelers? - Man they gonna seriuosly mess the Broncos up.. 1st game, It's gonna take a god couple games for the Broncos to get on the same page with Manning

    That Broncos OL is *****.. lets just call things the way they are... very average to below par WR and that DL in Denver might be the worst one in the NFL

    Big Bens gonna tear the Broncos a new arse in week 1... I predict something like a 41-17 type game

    @Falcons.. This was a tough game to predict but I just don't see the Broncos getting it all together by week 2 and this is Atlanta's opening game of the season at home... They are a more rounded team- I do see a close game- but not enough from Denvers Defense to seal a win... slight edge -Falcons

    Texans - Texans offense is pretty potent- Denver simply doesn't have the defense to contain that team....

    Raiders - Broncos get their first win... *homerism*

    @Patriots - Lets just not waste anytime on this one mkay?

    @Chargers C'mon, the Broncos have won what? 2 times in San Diego the last 10 years or something? Broncos squeeked out a OT win last year by a couple boneheaded plays by the Chargers.. One other reason for my Chargers pick is that they will be coming home after 2 games on the road- both losses to the Saints and Chiefs.. don't see the Chargers losing 3 in a row.. unfortunately the Broncos are gonna have to be the ones the Chargers are gonna take it out on...

    Bye

    @Saints - See Patriots above

    Bengals -
    Break out the party hats

    Tell me where you disagree with my picks
    I recall Pitt getting beat by Denver with a very average at best QB in Tebow, cant imagine how a Peyton Manning QB would fair against them.

    Broncos first win is in the first week vs. Pitt.

    What the Raiders have done to a certain team in the past means absolutely nothing, do you watch the NFL on a consistent basis..weird stuff happens constantly.

    Im not so sure Oakland has much of a better OL than Denver, and we know Palmer hasnt even been close to what he was prior to the leg injury he suffered in cinci in the playoffs.

    Best OL in the Division IMO has go to be KC, the addition of Winston solidified that OL quite well.

    I missed where the Texans were going to contain the Broncos potent offense.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,317
    vCash
    1500
    I fail to see the point of this thread.

  6. #6
    Nips's Avatar
    Nips is offline -> This space for rent <-
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    575
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HaruSoul View Post
    I fail to see the point of this thread.
    Because it doesn't involve the AFC East and you feel left out?

  7. #7
    Nips's Avatar
    Nips is offline -> This space for rent <-
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    575
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MittyMitch View Post
    I recall Pitt getting beat by Denver with a very average at best QB in Tebow, cant imagine how a Peyton Manning QB would fair against them.

    Broncos first win is in the first week vs. Pitt.

    What the Raiders have done to a certain team in the past means absolutely nothing, .

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    93
    vCash
    1500
    My point is history doesnt always repeat itself, Manning made Indy a winning franchise, so a Manningless Broncos team means nothing the previous 10 years.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,207
    vCash
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by Nips View Post
    Amusingly this was also my first thought upon reading that fail post.


    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chillin at Saras' and Darlenes'
    Posts
    2,772
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MittyMitch View Post
    I recall Pitt getting beat by Denver with a very average at best QB in Tebow, cant imagine how a Peyton Manning QB would fair against them.
    Broncos first win is in the first week vs. Pitt.

    What the Raiders have done to a certain team in the past means absolutely nothing, do you watch the NFL on a consistent basis..weird stuff happens constantly.

    Im not so sure Oakland has much of a better OL than Denver, and we know Palmer hasnt even been close to what he was prior to the leg injury he suffered in cinci in the playoffs.

    Best OL in the Division IMO has go to be KC, the addition of Winston solidified that OL quite well.

    I missed where the Texans were going to contain the Broncos potent offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    That kid is just a troll. He's just upset that the rockets have spent all this money trying to buy a championship and they're still not as good as the Mavs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    I'd rather have Kawhi Leonard....T Ross.... Aaron Afflalo..... Lance Stephenson....Bradley Beal....Wes Matthews....*




    All over Harden. Easy.



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    6,671
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthSideRookie View Post
    Still trying to figure out why this is faceplam worthy.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    93
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthSideRookie View Post
    You do realize the first statement is referring to an O ran by Tebow that beat Pitt.

    The last statement is referring to an O ran by Payton Manning..

    You just seemed a bit confused, so im helping you out

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Duluth, GA
    Posts
    3,328
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MittyMitch View Post
    I recall Pitt getting beat by Denver with a very average at best QB in Tebow, cant imagine how a Peyton Manning QB would fair against them.
    What I recall is the Broncos needing home-field advantage and overtime to beat a team with a one-legged QB playing behind the worst pair of Gs in the NFL, a one-legged LOLB, a NT and RDE who were lost to injuries early in the game, a FS who couldn't play because of sickle-cell anemia and its dangerous effects at high altitude, and a backup FS who made a litany of poor decisions, including the fateful one to end the game.

    Barring any freak accidents in training camp, the Steelers will actually be healthy to start the season, and when they've been healthy, they've proven to be as good as any team in the NFL. And if you don't think injuries matter, then I'll step aside and watch Chiefs and Bears fans clobber you.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

    -Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    90,571
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nips View Post
    I thinks it's important to note a couple things

    Week 1 on monday night last year the Raiders DL just abused the Broncos OL- sacking Orton 5 times

    Oakland DL held the Broncos rushing attack to just....

    38 total yards
    all game

    It wasn't until the second meeting that the Broncos were able to run on Oakland and all those yards came from a gimmick sandlot style play of Tebow

    I remember watching that game last year on Monday night and seeing Seymour knock a couple Bronco OL on their arse... Raiders DL was pushing those guys back 10 yards into the backfield which resulted in 5 sacks for Oakland

    Broncos are going back to that pro passing style like they had when Orton was under center and if they don't make some drastic changes on that OL, the Raiders are gonna just destroy them up front

    On the other side- McFadden put up 160 total yards rushing.. 160 yards in 1 game, Oakland had over 200 yards rushing in that game compared to the Broncos amazing 38 total yards... pbssstt...

    So tell me again why the Broncos are going to just roll on the Raiders when nothing has changed on the OL and DL for both teams
    I believe it's important to note that Peyton Manning is not Kyle Orton. That Peyton Manning is known for getting the ball out much quicker than the average QB and this is vital because that reduces sacks taken.... thus diminishing your entire point.


    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    What I recall is the Broncos needing home-field advantage and overtime to beat a team with a one-legged QB playing behind the worst pair of Gs in the NFL, a one-legged LOLB, a NT and RDE who were lost to injuries early in the game, a FS who couldn't play because of sickle-cell anemia and its dangerous effects at high altitude, and a backup FS who made a litany of poor decisions, including the fateful one to end the game.

    Barring any freak accidents in training camp, the Steelers will actually be healthy to start the season, and when they've been healthy, they've proven to be as good as any team in the NFL. And if you don't think injuries matter, then I'll step aside and watch Chiefs and Bears fans clobber you.
    Even with the "one-legged QB, worst pair of G's in the NFL, one-legged LOLB, and a FS that can't play in altitude" the steelers were still favored to win that game by a favorable margin. "That's why you play the game."


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,115
    vCash
    1500
    [QUOTE=MittyMitch;22842560]I recall Pitt getting beat by Denver with a very average at best QB in Tebow, cant imagine how a Peyton Manning QB would fair against them.

    Broncos first win is in the first week vs. Pitt.

    What the Raiders have done to a certain team in the past means absolutely nothing, do you watch the NFL on a consistent basis..weird stuff happens constantly.

    Oh the irony.....don't necessarily agree with OP, but c'mon man.
    Quote Originally Posted by David123 View Post
    I think Al Davis is a robot created in the 1960's to run a afl franchise.
    --------------
    Quote Originally Posted by laek View Post
    Billboard is too new technology for Al Davis. I'm going to be a maverick and do it the way Al can understand. I will hire a horseman to deliver the petitions and send Morse code to him.
    ------------------------

    "What people don't get about me, is that I'm a rockstar first, and a basketball player second," - Lamar Odom

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •