Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Can the Habs get the #1 from Edmonton

I am just curious what would it take to get the #1 from Edmonton and still keep the #3?

Would Edmonton take Plekanec to centre their #2 line plus Weber or Diaz and possibly a 2nd rounder. Is that enough?

I would not want to give up Pacioretty, Eller, Subban, Emelin, Price those are pretty much my untouchables.

I know its way to early, but talking about keeping players, I really want to see Kaberle, Campoli, Darche, Bourque, Weber gone. I like Staubitz, Blunden, Geoffrion for a 4th line (maybe Nokelienan).

Thats all. Go Jays, see ya in September Habs.

vCash
    Certainly not enough..

vCash
    Subban and Price.

vCash
    I would not trade Subban or Price alone for the #1. What about just the #3, Pleks and Weber?

vCash
    Yeah, no way you guys get the #1 one pick without trading Price, Weber, or the #3 pick. That offer wouldn't work either. Yakupov is most likely going to be very good.

vCash
    Bump, Yakupov is a stud. He is the most highly touted prospect in a while. I don't think the Oilers would give up their first selection.

vCash
    First of all, any one who believes the Oilers are unwilling to trade the #1 pick in the upcoming draft is dead wrong. EVERY player is available to trade in every league in every sport. Once the Oilers traded Wayne Gretzky in the prime of his career, any player is alaways available.
    Plus a #1 overall, is not a guarrantee. For every Steve Stamkos or Sidney Crosby, there's an Erik Johnson or Rick Dipietro. For every Alex Ovechkin or Jonathan Toews there's a Patrik Setfan (who?) or an Alexandre Daigle. Of course there are #1 picks who fall somewhere between a Crosby and a Daigle.
    The reality, is that similarly with other picks, the #1 does not guarrantee success. It just betters the odds.
    So If the Oilers are asking for a proven NHL player who can help at a position they need help, then it's possible to get the pick without giving up the Habs #3 pick or Subban or Price.
    The Habs may have to give up a huge chunk of talent, but they should remembe the risk that comes with the #1 pick as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by adab View Post
    First of all, any one who believes the Oilers are unwilling to trade the #1 pick in the upcoming draft is dead wrong. EVERY player is available to trade in every league in every sport. Once the Oilers traded Wayne Gretzky in the prime of his career, any player is alaways available.
    Plus a #1 overall, is not a guarrantee. For every Steve Stamkos or Sidney Crosby, there's an Erik Johnson or Rick Dipietro. For every Alex Ovechkin or Jonathan Toews there's a Patrik Setfan (who?) or an Alexandre Daigle. Of course there are #1 picks who fall somewhere between a Crosby and a Daigle.
    The reality, is that similarly with other picks, the #1 does not guarrantee success. It just betters the odds.
    So If the Oilers are asking for a proven NHL player who can help at a position they need help, then it's possible to get the pick without giving up the Habs #3 pick or Subban or Price.
    The Habs may have to give up a huge chunk of talent, but they should remembe the risk that comes with the #1 pick as well.
    I just don't see any way you guys get the #1 pick without trading at least one of the #3 pick, Price, Subban, or Pacioretty. Probably moot point anyways, as I don't see the Oilers trading the #1 pick. Never say never, but it sounds very likely that they'll keep the pick. You guys will still end up with a very good player at #3 if you stand pat.

vCash
    The Oilers have continously contacted the habs about switching #1 and #3 plus Subban. He'd be the perfect young defenseman for them - great talent - High potential and maybe most importantly - + NHL experience.

Yakupov maybe the highest rated player but for a good while so was Grigorenko. He's dropped just like other players while some have hovered around the top and some have improved their stock. The Q is however... is Yak that much better than Forsberg or Galchenyuk?

For that reason alone I wouldn't even think of trading Subban to move up 2 spots.

vCash
    The only way I trade Subban is for the #1 straight up (maybe throw in a 2nd rounder). The Habs could proceed to take Nail at #1 and either Murray (essentially replacing Subban) or Galyenchuk at #3.

However, lets throw out getting #1 and even thinking about trading Subban (just because I really enjoy watching him play).

How about at #3 the Habs take the big C in Galchenyuk (sorry for spelling), slot him between Cole and Pax, and package DD and a 2nd rounder for some 3rd or 4th line plugger. Send Gomez to the bulldogs, buyout Kraperle, sign Prust and Jagr and re-sign Moen.

Cole-Galchenyuk-Pax Subban-Gorges
    Jagr-Pleks-Gionta Markov-Emelin
    Leblanc-Eller-Moen I dont know if Tinordi, Beaulieu are ready.
    Prust-White-Schultz

On defence I dont really care for Weber or Diaz too much, but sending Kraperle packing is a must.

I dont know, its pretty easy from my office desk to re-make the Habs.

vCash
    Being from Saskatoon and watching quite a few Blades games, pretty pumped that the Habs took Dalton Thrower in the 2nd round, he is a good hard nosed defenceman who can score and sticks up for his teammates no matter how big the other guy is (see Tom Wilson). Was kinda hoping that they would of also taken Lukas Sutter too, he will be a great 3rd line center for the Jets.

Its also great to see Burke and co. fail again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysHabs View Post
    The only way I trade Subban is for the #1 straight up (maybe throw in a 2nd rounder). The Habs could proceed to take Nail at #1 and either Murray (essentially replacing Subban) or Galyenchuk at #3.

However, lets throw out getting #1 and even thinking about trading Subban (just because I really enjoy watching him play).

How about at #3 the Habs take the big C in Galchenyuk (sorry for spelling), slot him between Cole and Pax, and package DD and a 2nd rounder for some 3rd or 4th line plugger. Send Gomez to the bulldogs, buyout Kraperle, sign Prust and Jagr and re-sign Moen.

Cole-Galchenyuk-Pax Subban-Gorges
    Jagr-Pleks-Gionta Markov-Emelin
    Leblanc-Eller-Moen I dont know if Tinordi, Beaulieu are ready.
    Prust-White-Schultz

On defence I dont really care for Weber or Diaz too much, but sending Kraperle packing is a must.
    I dont know, its pretty easy from my office desk to re-make the Habs.
    Why they ever traded Spacek's expiring contract for Kaberle's garbage deal is beyond me...
    Perfection.

vCash
    Guaranteed it was because Gauthier and Gainey knew they were done and Gauthier thought, hmm, is there anyway I can screw the Habs over anymore than my mentor Gainey did by trading McDonough for Gomez, probably not! But maybe I'll do the next worst thing and acquire Kaberle. Frick man, Sather and Rutherford are still laughing. At the time of the trade, my family friend, Dave Lewis (I'm from Saskatoon) laughed at me, because back in October when I went to Detroit for his Daughters wedding I laughed at him for having to put up with Kaberle.fricking karma man.