Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Working on serve

Need help with a consistent and great serve. Does anyone here know of the best videos, or of any tips when serving. Hardest part of my game to perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    Squibble Squabble

vCash
    Serves are really hard to do.

I always practiced the serve motion and toss separately before I tried to do the real thing. Still hard as ****.

vCash
    my serve is really bad. i dont use my legs and dont use the toss effectively either. I can hit my 1st serve hard but i miss it my 2nd serve is weak.

I am pretty sure if youtube it, there is tons of instructional videos. i dont know which one is the best but most of the are good for beginners.

vCash
    Balance, racquet head speed, and the use of your legs to propel you upward toward the ball and into the court are the three biggest points I would suggest to work on. The serve, more than any shot in tennis, is about repetition. Grab a basket, hell, a shopping cart full of balls and serve until the cart is empty and then fill it back up and do it again. Keep serving until you've got a comfortable, balanced service motion that you could repeat in your sleep.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    I generate very little power in my serve but it's accurate which makes it very effective.