Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    171
    vCash
    1500

    Who Said This - Romney or Obama?

    Here's a fun game. I'll name some quotes that either Romney or Obama said, and you can guess which one said it. Once you guess, feel free to propose your own quotes that either one of the presidential candidates said and we can guess on who said those to. Here we go!

    1. " I came in and the jobs had been just, like falling off a cliff. And I came in and they kept falling for eleven months. And then we turned around and we’re coming back. And that’s progress. And if you’re going to suggest to me that somehow the day I got elected, somehow jobs should immediately turn around, well that would be silly. It takes a while to get things turned around. We were in a recession."

    2. "I personally believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. But I also agree with most Americans, including Vice President Cheney and over 2,000 religious leaders of all different beliefs, that decisions about marriage should be left to the states as they always have been."

    3. "I will work and fight for stem cell research."

    4. "If a mandate was the solution, we would try to that solve homelessness by forcing everybody to buy a house."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    22,126
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Daddy View Post
    Here's a fun game. I'll name some quotes that either Romney or Obama said, and you can guess which one said it. Once you guess, feel free to propose your own quotes that either one of the presidential candidates said and we can guess on who said those to. Here we go!

    1. " I came in and the jobs had been just, like falling off a cliff. And I came in and they kept falling for eleven months. And then we turned around and we’re coming back. And that’s progress. And if you’re going to suggest to me that somehow the day I got elected, somehow jobs should immediately turn around, well that would be silly. It takes a while to get things turned around. We were in a recession."

    2. "I personally believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. But I also agree with most Americans, including Vice President Cheney and over 2,000 religious leaders of all different beliefs, that decisions about marriage should be left to the states as they always have been."

    3. "I will work and fight for stem cell research."

    4. "If a mandate was the solution, we would try to that solve homelessness by forcing everybody to buy a house."

    1. Obama
    2. Obama
    3. Obama
    4. Obama

    yeah, i know what you are trying to do. nice try, broseph.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    21,570
    vCash
    1500
    I've seen three of these before, so I know the answer.

    #1 was Romney. But, nobody has posted a thread on the June jobs report. That's typically what that quote is being used for.

    #2 was Obama.

    #3 was probably Romney since I think I get your point.

    #4 was Obama.

    I am really big on consistency. So, I do think pointing things out like this is important. These ****ing guys aren't honest.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    6,472
    vCash
    1500
    1. It's fun when both sides use the same arguments. I have grown to accept this... and ignore this.

    2. If you have the wrong opinion it's good to change it.

    3. If you have the right opinion it's not good to change it.

    4. Consistency in the face of failure is just stupid. Obama wanted to get people covered... He couldn't get it done the way he would have done it if he was completely in control, so he used a republican idea to get it done. I fail to understand how waiting for perfection can succeed when perfection is impossible.

    Lastly changing your opinion does not equal dishonesty. It means you have changed your opinion, the WHY you changed your opinion is what can tell you if someone is being dishonest. For example many members of my family were anti-homosexual... then several members of my family came out, and low and behold people changed their opinion, because they realized that their family was more important than some silly belief. Consistency in the face of changing information can be silly. In another area saying that you supported the iraq war because you thought there were WMDs is valid, saying you still support that war because their might have been WMDs is stupid because we have new information. If we want a ridiculous example believing the world is flat was a reasonable assumption at one point... I mean just look at it, but now that we have photos of the round earth one should change their opinion.

    But then again conscientiousness is associated with conservatism and openness to experience is associated with liberalism.
    Last edited by flips333; 07-07-2012 at 01:51 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    41,121
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    1. Obama
    2. Obama
    3. Obama
    4. Obama

    yeah, i know what you are trying to do. nice try, broseph.
    I don't think you really do know.. Pretty sure gcoll has it right.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,092
    vCash
    1500
    This is not really a "who said this" kind of thing, but this chart speaks volumes to those who continually claim that Obama and the Democrats are big spenders.

    http://www.businessinsider.com/chart...-sector-2012-7

    The first chart outlines private v public numbers (blue is private and red is public). The second one I won't begin to tell you that I understand all the color codes and acronyms mean.
    Member of the Owlluminati!


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    8,587
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    1. Obama
    2. Obama
    3. Obama
    4. Obama

    yeah, i know what you are trying to do. nice try, broseph.
    I'm thinking this, too.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    8,587
    vCash
    1500
    So?... Who said what?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arvada, Colorado
    Posts
    17,235
    vCash
    500
    Who said they'd impersonate being a cop and unlawfully go around pulling people over in Michigan?

    Who harassed a kid in school for being gay by forcefully holding the kid down and cutting off his hair?

    I'll give you a big hint, it's the same fella that I have quoted under my sig. This guy is a hell of a guy!
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    4,473
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayneowns91 View Post
    Who said they'd impersonate being a cop and unlawfully go around pulling people over in Michigan?

    Who harassed a kid in school for being gay by forcefully holding the kid down and cutting off his hair?

    I'll give you a big hint, it's the same fella that I have quoted under my sig. This guy is a hell of a guy!
    You sound a little bitter. Did your hair grow back?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arvada, Colorado
    Posts
    17,235
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    You sound a little bitter. Did your hair grow back?
    I'm not quite old enough to have been in school with Mitt. Seeing as they were still in school though, I'd imagine the kid's hair did grow back.
    Last edited by Mudvayne91; 07-12-2012 at 06:35 PM.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Land Beyond the Wall, VT
    Posts
    7,073
    vCash
    1500
    This thrad would have been more aptly named "Who wrote this, Romney's speechwriters or Obama's?".

    C'mon folks, when was the last time either of these two melonheads actually spoke a word of their own? Obama is the Ron Burgandy of modern presidential history. I half to expect him to say "Go **** yourself, Amereica." at some point. Romney looks to be little better.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    4,473
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayneowns91 View Post
    I'm not quite old enough to have been in school with Mitt. Seeing as they were still in school though, I'd imagine the kid's hair did grow back.
    Considering I was somewhat of a wild child, I try to not let a candidate's adolescent matters sway my opinion moreso than their respective stance on the main issues. That being said, I will not be voting for Romney.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,092
    vCash
    1500
    I guess this is as best a place as any to put this, I don't think it deserves its own thread but still worthy of bringing up:

    http://imgur.com/gallery/4GD4T
    Member of the Owlluminati!


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    6,472
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I guess this is as best a place as any to put this, I don't think it deserves its own thread but still worthy of bringing up:

    http://imgur.com/gallery/4GD4T
    I saw this on the facebook... made me giggle.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •