Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    kabanov will be our sniper

vCash
    Im looking forward to seeing how he plays in the AHL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    Since when is Parenteau a "70 point player" and Boyes a "20 point player." You have one guy who's proudction was way inflated and one guy who coudnt get ice time on a non playoff team, not because he wasn't good though. Boyes the last 5 seasons has 43-22-65 one year, 33-39 2 one year, 14-28 42 one year, 17-38-55 one year, and 8-15-23 last year in 65 games. Lets be fair and admit youre wrong about Boyes being a "20 point player" Boyes is a better 2 way player than PA, and he's going to take much less dumb penalties than PA (PA was the KING of minor penalties....). I dont care if he had chemistry with JT, they only had chemistry cause they spent 2 years on the same line and cause JT is THAT good. Maybe im just wearing rose colored ****ing glasses, but I firmly believe Brad Boyes can be a more valuable player for us than PAP was. PA is a 40-45 point player without JT IF EVEN! Boyes has been a 70 point player when he has been the focal point of an anemic Blues offense. Ill take him at 100% on JT's wing over Parenteau. I dont care too much about it being a low risk/high reward deal because most of the league doesnt think he is too valuable, howdo you think we got PA and Moulson and Grabner in the 1st place.

And what is that post about "defensive stalwarts??" You and I both know, youre nuts if you pretend not to, that mark Streit was very capable in his own zone as far as offensive defenseman go before his injury. He was no liability back there. Andre MacDonald, also coming off a bad season but hwo quickly we forget how much everyone ****ing loved him in 10-11. He had to take over the #1 role and he did a damn hell of a job. Visnovsky I could care less. He'll be on the 2nd pairing and putting up 40+ points, trust me you wont be complaining in 3 months if the guys healthy.

If you think the D is just slightly upgraded, Im sorry youre nuts. This year our 5th and 6th dmen (Carkner and likely either De Haan or Donovan) will be better than the guy who played with Streit on the 1st pair last year. 1st pair goes from Streit and Staios to Streit and Hamonic (Huge upgrade). 1nd pairing goes from Mac and Hamonic to Visnovsky and Mac (massive offensive upgrade, could be overall upgrade if Mac bounces back). 3rd pairign goes from garbage and garbage to big physical defensive dman who si not a fossil and one of our top prospects (Big upgrade).

Pretty simple

And to that bolded part: Boyes had 55 points the year before last, when he had 23 points in 65 games. Neither of those years would make him a 4th line caliber player. Streit will magically become a #1? He's always been a #1. IF he's declining then maybe not anymore, but most people think he ahd apoor 1st half last year because he was coming off major shoulder surgery that cost him to miss an entire season. And if you forget with Bailey, it was before the offensive explosion late last year that everyone started to like him again. He was our best defensive forward last year and lets not forget he didnt get much help on our 3rd lien with Rolston and Martin most of the year. Josh bailey is far froma concern. He'll either be a 30-40 point great 2 way 3rd liner, or hell be a 50+ point great 2 way 2nd liner. Ill take either. Old *** Nabokov? His age doesnt mean he'll get hurt. He has been pretty healthy his whole career, and he's only 36. There are older goalies who play every day ata high level, so lets not just make up arguments that hold no validity.
    It's so funny how you change your stance to suit your argument.. Going into this year (and during this year) you were the biggest PA advocate (or was is just those homer goggles?) saying that he was a legitimate 1st/2nd line winger and not simply a product of JT.. And this year he goes out and actually proves it (plays great on the 2nd line for a time) and now he's only a 40 point player without JT. Comical. And Boyes put up 20 some odd points last year, while PA put up close to 70. Obviously Boyes isn't going to put up only 20 points with us, but the point still stands.

As for the defense, yes, they got better, but there are crazy liabilities back there. Streit isn't good defensively, he's below average and gets bullied easily. Visnovsky is flat out trash on D. A-Mac is a nice piece but the honest truth about him is that on a good team he's at best a 3rd pairing D-man. Hamonic is great and has a nice ceiling, but it's going to be tough trying to carry that top 4 defensively. Looking at them in terms of special teams, the PP is going to be great, but they're going to get killed on the PK. They're a bunch of offense first guys with the exception of Hamonic and Carkner.

I love Bailey, and I think he's going to have a good year, but to bank on that would be flat out crazy. Yea he looked good for a lot of last year, but he only produced on the score sheet at the end of the year when the games meant nothing (sounds very familiar). How do we know that he'll continue that level of play? How do we know if Grabner will bounce back (if we can even call it a "bounce back", guy had only one good half a season in his entire career). How do we know how Okposo will do? As far as I'm concerned, the only sure things on this team are JT, Moulson, Nielsen and probably Nabby. And like Matt Martin. After that, it's a whole bunch of question marks, whether if it's guys trying to bounce back, or young players who we really don't know what to expect of.
    SPACE

vCash
    And it's stupid that I have to argue against my team but I'm just looking at it objectively. Not getting caught up in a bunch of false hype.
    SPACE

vCash
    This team will miss the playoffs yet again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by devildog View Post
    great input.. keep up the good work

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by devildog View Post
    Bold
    SPACE

vCash
    PK Subban is still a unsigned RFA with Canadiens. Let's send an offersheet at least.... Cmon Garth...

vCash
    I heard he only got offered like a 2 year deal for 5 mill total.. He's worth way more than that and maybe having JT here would entice PK to sign an offer sheet with us. Make it happen Garth
    SPACE

vCash
    thats playing with fire

vCash
    Offer PK exactly 5,046,000 which is the mac limit for the 3rd largest tier of RFA compensation. We'd need to give up a 1st round selection and 3rd round selection. Then we can Lubo to screw himself and get our 2nd back next year

vCash
    Our 1st next year may very well be a top 5 even with Subban if we can't score

vCash
    1. Well see, could be a worse pick though with ome good improvements his offseasons
    2. Subban is better than the 5th overall pick

vCash
    ^He's not better than the #1 pick, which would could get if we're a bottom 5 team and win the lottery
    SPACE

vCash
    ^Probably not but I do really think that's unlikely, besides we'd take a dman anyway and Subban is a top 4 dman already with #1 potential and he's incredibly young and NHL ready. Id give up a 1st and 3rd for him personally

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast