Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 49
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    12,413
    vCash
    1500
    You have it twisted, if you really think the Islanders got significantly better over this off-season then you forgot to take off your homer glasses (as usual)
    SPACE


  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chestnut Hill, MA
    Posts
    23,528
    vCash
    1500
    ^Maybe if you ever have any goddamn insight or evidence to prove your ridiculous opinions and criticism then I would take you seriously. Until then, youre an idiot because you have opinions and the only way you make them known is y saying other people who actually backed up their opinions are wrong.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

    New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chestnut Hill, MA
    Posts
    23,528
    vCash
    1500
    If you dont think the Isles D is improved, then yout dont know what youre talkign about.. If you dont think we'll eb better in net if Nabby can start 60 games, then you dont know what youre talking about. And if you dont think the Isles who were 28th in goal scoring last year will improve on offense with the talent we have on offense then your dont know what youre talkign about

    Now I apologize for csaying you dont know what youre talking about 3 times but cmon dude youre just wrong. Ill take back what I said if you can use anything of substance to prove me wrong
    Last edited by kmo429; 07-18-2012 at 05:22 PM.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

    New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aurora, CO (HT Queens, NY)
    Posts
    11,335
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    If you dont think the Isles D is improved, then yout dont know what youre talkign about.. If you dont think we'll eb better in net if Nabby can start 60 games, then you dont know what youre talking about. And if you dont think the Isles who were 28th in goal scoring last year will improve on offense with the talent we have on offense then your dont know what youre talkign about

    Now I apologize for csaying you dont know what youre talking about 3 times but cmon dude youre just wrong. Ill take back what I said if you can use anything of substance to prove me wrong
    Kmo is right about the D being improved... We don't have junk stinking it up and Streit has shook off that rust and if we can get a strong season out of Visnovsky that'll be great. We have seen what we have out of Hamonic and we have seen what Mac can do. It doesn't matter to be what prospect is called up as long as they go out and play wether it be Donovan or De hann. We are all rooting for the same team here so just relax and be friends again and settle your differences...

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aurora, CO (HT Queens, NY)
    Posts
    11,335
    vCash
    1500
    ^ by Junk i ment Jurcina

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aurora, CO (HT Queens, NY)
    Posts
    11,335
    vCash
    1500
    Oh @ Kmo and Brian its okay to disagree with each other but always on here i see you picking on kmo brian. Yeah sometimes kmo posts some weird things on how he feels the team should be but he also has good insight because I think the team will improve tremendously on defense this year and if we can have Nabokov healthy and a healthy dp backing him up we all just need to get along here.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    12,413
    vCash
    1500
    Sure, the defense improved slightly, but you're the only person on this planet (homer goggles) who thinks that parlaying a 70 point player into a 20 point player isn't a significant downgrade. Because, as usual, you see everything with those rose colored glasses. All our guys will play like they did at the end of last year (like they do every single year, just to disappoint us the year after), Boyes will score 40 goals again despite being a 4th line caliber player the past 2 years, Streit will magically become a #1 defenseman, Bailey will of course play like he did for the last 15 games of last year (and not look like anything he showed the 3 years prior) and old *** Nabokov will stay healthy and play at an unreal level all year.

    Yea, we added Brad Boyes, Matt Carkner and Lubomir Visnovsky (while losing PA Parenteau) and we'll see a 15 point jump from last year to this one. And all of our many question marks will turn out positive and all the question marks for the teams we're competing with will turn out negative. We know the deal by now
    SPACE


  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    12,413
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    Oh @ Kmo and Brian its okay to disagree with each other but always on here i see you picking on kmo brian. Yeah sometimes kmo posts some weird things on how he feels the team should be but he also has good insight because I think the team will improve tremendously on defense this year and if we can have Nabokov healthy and a healthy dp backing him up we all just need to get along here.
    When I see stupid **** being posted, I call people on it. You can call it picking on him if you'd like, but I'd give the same treatment to anyone else spewing that kind of garbage. You'll notice that (as usual) kmo is the only person who thinks the Islanders are any good, while everyone else (rightly so) is skeptical and playing it as wait and see.
    SPACE


  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    12,413
    vCash
    1500
    Nabokov is going to love playing behind defensive stalwarts Mark Streit, Lubomir Visnovsky and Andrew MacDonald every night
    SPACE


  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,826
    vCash
    1500
    I can see Boyes scoring 25 goals. The guys a sniper, something we don't have.
    JT Is our closest thing to a sniper, while I think he will be better this year, he doesn't pick corners often

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,990
    vCash
    1500
    ^moulson not our best sniper?? guy has scored over 30 every year with us

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Westchester County
    Posts
    200
    vCash
    1500
    Look, no one is a bigger fan of the Islanders than me. I've been watching since 1975 and tape all the game if I can't watch them live.

    But like Brian mentioned, KMO is a passionate fan which there is nothing wrong with that. But he does have blinders on if you think this year they'll make the playoffs this year. I believe we are 1 or 2 years away (depending on how aggresive Snow is).

    Since 2009, the 8th spot has had 93,88,93 and 92 respectfully. Although I like the additions of the 2 Defenseman, the jury is out on Boyles (PA's chemistry with JT and pts will be missed) will add another 14-15 pts more. Would love to see it...but doubt it.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,826
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by beltran15mets View Post
    ^moulson not our best sniper?? guy has scored over 30 every year with us
    It's debatable. Moulson scores the majority of his goals by crashing the net or redirecting jt passes. But he has a decent accuarate shot. So him and JT can share the crown

    But Boyes most likely is better than both. Ever watch noted in a shoot out?

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chestnut Hill, MA
    Posts
    23,528
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by beltran15mets View Post
    ^moulson not our best sniper?? guy has scored over 30 every year with us
    Goal scoring doesnt make you a sniper. Having a sick shot makes youa sniper. Imo, Okposo has the best shot on our team.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

    New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chestnut Hill, MA
    Posts
    23,528
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWestKins View Post
    Sure, the defense improved slightly, but you're the only person on this planet (homer goggles) who thinks that parlaying a 70 point player into a 20 point player isn't a significant downgrade. Because, as usual, you see everything with those rose colored glasses. All our guys will play like they did at the end of last year (like they do every single year, just to disappoint us the year after), Boyes will score 40 goals again despite being a 4th line caliber player the past 2 years, Streit will magically become a #1 defenseman, Bailey will of course play like he did for the last 15 games of last year (and not look like anything he showed the 3 years prior) and old *** Nabokov will stay healthy and play at an unreal level all year.

    Yea, we added Brad Boyes, Matt Carkner and Lubomir Visnovsky (while losing PA Parenteau) and we'll see a 15 point jump from last year to this one. And all of our many question marks will turn out positive and all the question marks for the teams we're competing with will turn out negative. We know the deal by now
    Since when is Parenteau a "70 point player" and Boyes a "20 point player." You have one guy who's proudction was way inflated and one guy who coudnt get ice time on a non playoff team, not because he wasn't good though. Boyes the last 5 seasons has 43-22-65 one year, 33-39 2 one year, 14-28 42 one year, 17-38-55 one year, and 8-15-23 last year in 65 games. Lets be fair and admit youre wrong about Boyes being a "20 point player" Boyes is a better 2 way player than PA, and he's going to take much less dumb penalties than PA (PA was the KING of minor penalties....). I dont care if he had chemistry with JT, they only had chemistry cause they spent 2 years on the same line and cause JT is THAT good. Maybe im just wearing rose colored ****ing glasses, but I firmly believe Brad Boyes can be a more valuable player for us than PAP was. PA is a 40-45 point player without JT IF EVEN! Boyes has been a 70 point player when he has been the focal point of an anemic Blues offense. Ill take him at 100% on JT's wing over Parenteau. I dont care too much about it being a low risk/high reward deal because most of the league doesnt think he is too valuable, howdo you think we got PA and Moulson and Grabner in the 1st place.


    And what is that post about "defensive stalwarts??" You and I both know, youre nuts if you pretend not to, that mark Streit was very capable in his own zone as far as offensive defenseman go before his injury. He was no liability back there. Andre MacDonald, also coming off a bad season but hwo quickly we forget how much everyone ****ing loved him in 10-11. He had to take over the #1 role and he did a damn hell of a job. Visnovsky I could care less. He'll be on the 2nd pairing and putting up 40+ points, trust me you wont be complaining in 3 months if the guys healthy.

    If you think the D is just slightly upgraded, Im sorry youre nuts. This year our 5th and 6th dmen (Carkner and likely either De Haan or Donovan) will be better than the guy who played with Streit on the 1st pair last year. 1st pair goes from Streit and Staios to Streit and Hamonic (Huge upgrade). 1nd pairing goes from Mac and Hamonic to Visnovsky and Mac (massive offensive upgrade, could be overall upgrade if Mac bounces back). 3rd pairign goes from garbage and garbage to big physical defensive dman who si not a fossil and one of our top prospects (Big upgrade).

    Pretty simple

    And to that bolded part: Boyes had 55 points the year before last, when he had 23 points in 65 games. Neither of those years would make him a 4th line caliber player. Streit will magically become a #1? He's always been a #1. IF he's declining then maybe not anymore, but most people think he ahd apoor 1st half last year because he was coming off major shoulder surgery that cost him to miss an entire season. And if you forget with Bailey, it was before the offensive explosion late last year that everyone started to like him again. He was our best defensive forward last year and lets not forget he didnt get much help on our 3rd lien with Rolston and Martin most of the year. Josh bailey is far froma concern. He'll either be a 30-40 point great 2 way 3rd liner, or hell be a 50+ point great 2 way 2nd liner. Ill take either. Old *** Nabokov? His age doesnt mean he'll get hurt. He has been pretty healthy his whole career, and he's only 36. There are older goalies who play every day ata high level, so lets not just make up arguments that hold no validity.
    Last edited by kmo429; 07-19-2012 at 10:48 AM.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

    New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •