Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 622
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    9,166
    vCash
    1500
    The cars are always going to overheat tandem racing. The car in the back gets little to no air, the nationwide cars can do it for longer because of the cooling packages NASCAR allows them to run. Nascars cooling package on the cup car is so little that they cant even get close to the car infront for more than a lap or 2.

    This years version of pack racing sucks. It's not like the pack racing of right before tandem racing started, cars arnt 3wide 13 rows deep, it's 2 lines of cars that can't pass. The last 20% of each race was exciting but the first 80% of the Nationwide race was 1000 times better than the first 80% of the cup race. Tandem racing needs to come back by fall Talladega.
    Last edited by MarkieMark48; 07-08-2012 at 12:35 AM.


    Don't Be A Lemon, Be A Rosebud!

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    19,211
    vCash
    785
    I just think they need to change the restrictor package a little and everything will be fine. I wasn't a huge fan of the tandem racing. Restrictor plate races have always been a lot of cruising around trying to avoid the "big one" or causing the big one. Then the last 20% of the race gets exciting.

    Nascar is in a position where they just can't make everyone happy. First they had the pack racing then people were demanding change and then you had the tandem racing and people got unhappy with that and then they went back to pack racing. I think they just need to give teams a better restrictor plate package and things could be better. But with how long these races are you will always have a lot of cars cruising around avoiding wrecks for most of the race.
    My Adopter Packer: Blow Job Raji



  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    9,166
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    I just think they need to change the restrictor package a little and everything will be fine. I wasn't a huge fan of the tandem racing. Restrictor plate races have always been a lot of cruising around trying to avoid the "big one" or causing the big one. Then the last 20% of the race gets exciting.

    Nascar is in a position where they just can't make everyone happy. First they had the pack racing then people were demanding change and then you had the tandem racing and people got unhappy with that and then they went back to pack racing. I think they just need to give teams a better restrictor plate package and things could be better. But with how long these races are you will always have a lot of cars cruising around avoiding wrecks for most of the race.
    That's what drivers discovered about "pack" racing, if they don't run in a big pack and just stay single file, we can cruise and no one will wreck. In tandem racing you can't do that simply because of aerodynamics, and you have to stay in a tandem because of the speed differential, thus making it more exciting. This current version of pack racing sucks because even if someone want to go up front and lead, they can't because they simply can not pass without getting pushed, and no one is willing to push because they don't want to fry their car before the end of the race.


    Don't Be A Lemon, Be A Rosebud!

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    19,211
    vCash
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    That's what drivers discovered about "pack" racing, if they don't run in a big pack and just stay single file, we can cruise and no one will wreck. In tandem racing you can't do that simply because of aerodynamics, and you have to stay in a tandem because of the speed differential, thus making it more exciting. This current version of pack racing sucks because even if someone want to go up front and lead, they can't because they simply can not pass without getting pushed, and no one is willing to push because they don't want to fry their car before the end of the race.
    Not saying i disagree but if it was that much better then why did they change back to the pack racing? like i said if they gave them a better restrictor plate package then maybe they wouldn't have to worry bout overheating after two laps and they could push each other without worry. Even in tandem racing you still have drivers dropping to the back to avoid the big one. Either way they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
    My Adopter Packer: Blow Job Raji



  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    9,166
    vCash
    1500

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    Not saying i disagree but if it was that much better then why did they change back to the pack racing? like i said if they gave them a better restrictor plate package then maybe they wouldn't have to worry bout overheating after two laps and they could push each other without worry. Even in tandem racing you still have drivers dropping to the back to avoid the big one. Either way they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
    Because NASCAR listens to their fans, sometimes too much.
    "we don't like tandem racing, change it back" they did and it's produced 3 boring plate races this year

    They complained about different start times each week, they Mandated a start time for east coast and west coast races, and ratings were at their lowest the first year they did it.

    People wanted to get rid of the wing to make the cars look more like production cars. 3 out of the 4 production cars that are raced in NASCAR have wings, the one that doesn't, the Toyota

    People wanted an easier point system, they changed that.

    People complained about Jimmie winning the championship, they pulled his best track out of the chase and replaced it with a track he's never won at.

    Fans wanted double file restarts, they changed that.

    I'm not saying that all of these changes were bad, I'm just saying sometimes NASCAR jumps the gun on these changes.

    As far as the cooling packages go, the whole reason they are the way they are now is to keep them from tandem racing. If they make it to where the cars wont overheat, tandem racing will come back because it's faster. As far as people dropping back in tandem racing, there were fewer cars that did that than cars that just "ride" for the first 75-80% of the race in pack racing
    Last edited by MarkieMark48; 07-08-2012 at 09:55 AM.


    Don't Be A Lemon, Be A Rosebud!

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    19,211
    vCash
    785
    fair enough. I am just not a big restrictor plate racing kinda guy anyways. I think they should eliminate two of the restrictor plate races all together. I hate how your driver could be having a great race and then some idiot ****s up and takes out half the field including your fav driver. Its just not that great of racing until the last 10 laps or so.
    My Adopter Packer: Blow Job Raji



  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    9,166
    vCash
    1500
    Yea, I don't know about completely eliminating them, but Iduno what to do. You cand take the plates off bc the cars would probably run an avg speed of 235-240. I think the only thing they could do is knock down some of the banking and cause the drivers to lift around the corners, that would break the pack up


    Don't Be A Lemon, Be A Rosebud!

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    19,211
    vCash
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    Yea, I don't know about completely eliminating them, but Iduno what to do. You cand take the plates off bc the cars would probably run an avg speed of 235-240. I think the only thing they could do is knock down some of the banking and cause the drivers to lift around the corners, that would break the pack up
    I just mean the actual racetracks but only limiting them to one race each. But yeah they need to get rid of some of the grip and leave it to the drivers to the driving and handling.
    My Adopter Packer: Blow Job Raji



  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,016
    vCash
    1500
    New Hampshire
    Winner: Stewart
    Laps Led: Stewart
    Dark Horse: Brians Vickers
    Kaleb Tarczewski Watch 2013
    FG%: 54.9 Pts: 10.0 Reb: 6.5 Blk: 1.0

    Florida Gators. Arizona Wildcats. New England Patriots. Boston Bruins. Boston Celtics. Boston Red Sox. #14 Tony Stewart. #42 Kyle Larson

    Follow me on Twitter @derrike
    2013 PSD Patriots Forum Fantasy Football Champion

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    12,537
    vCash
    1500
    Jimmy Johnson
    Jimmy Johnson
    Martin Truex Jr.

    New York Yankees

    Dallas Mavericks

    New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,265
    vCash
    1500
    How to fix tandem racing and overheating: put the cars back to exactly the way they were before the Daytona 500 and angle the noses about 10 or 20 degrees. No more overheating from the stupid package they have now, and no more stupid tandem racing because cars won't be able to push each other in the corners. Why the hell has NASCAR not thought of that?

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,283
    vCash
    1500
    New Hampshire

    Winner: Denny Hamlin

    Laps Led: Jimmie Johnson

    Dark Horse: Kurt Busch
    I Kissed a Girl and I Liked It

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    9,166
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    How to fix tandem racing and overheating: put the cars back to exactly the way they were before the Daytona 500 and angle the noses about 10 or 20 degrees. No more overheating from the stupid package they have now, and no more stupid tandem racing because cars won't be able to push each other in the corners. Why the hell has NASCAR not thought of that?
    Then teams would have to build a restrictor plate car, just like with the pre-COT car. NASCAR is trying to keep the budget reasonable for the lesser funded teams.


    Don't Be A Lemon, Be A Rosebud!

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,265
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    Then teams would have to build a restrictor plate car, just like with the pre-COT car. NASCAR is trying to keep the budget reasonable for the lesser funded teams.
    A slight sheet metal adjustment would barely cost the teams any more money. The restrictor plate cars are already different than normal ones because of the aero package they use.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    19,211
    vCash
    785
    New Hampshire:

    Winner is Carl Edwards
    Most laps led is JJ
    Dark Horse is Kyle Busch
    My Adopter Packer: Blow Job Raji



Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •