Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What will improve the most?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Offense

9 100.00%
  • Defense

0 0%
    vCash

What will improve the most?

With the signings of Parise and Suter, which side of the puck will improve the most?

vCash
    It's gotta be the offense. Minnesota was dead last in goals-per-game last season. Yikes!

vCash
    I agree that's what I voted for and Parise will help the power play too.

vCash
    I put O-fence but I think this is a lot harder questions to answer then you would think. Obviously we're gonna score more, be a little more lethal, and have a better organized and spread out attack. But we have and have had all star quality forwards before, and we were last in goals...there is no place else to go but up.

What we did get was a year in year out all star defender. Something truly this team has never had, sorry Burnsy. He is also a top 10 potentially top 5 All around D in the league. He is going to bring a vet calm presence and really help our back end grow and become better. I said this plenty of times but our offense sucks partly because our D hasn't been able to move the puck very well on 5v5 or PP. Suter changes that too as a good puck moving D.

It was a coin flip, but I feel we will see better offensive numbers, but that will be partly because of an upgrade on D.

vCash
    Off. For sure, although Suter will be a huge addition on defense, praise and Suter on the pp should add more goals plus 5 on 5 we will be more dangerose. regardless.....still canot believe we got those guys. All my buddy's say we over payed but all I tell them is any team would have over paid I'm glad it was my team.
    \

vCash
    Exactly haha so many people are coming out and saying we overpaid...Well there are teams that offered each player more, they both said that them selves. So because the Wild got them both that means we overpaid? Or is it just jealousy? I like to think the latter haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Exactly haha so many people are coming out and saying we overpaid...Well there are teams that offered each player more, they both said that them selves. So because the Wild got them both that means we overpaid? Or is it just jealousy? I like to think the latter haha
    Exactly just bitter fans of the teams that didn't get him. If the Wild didn't get them (just one of them even), then the offseason would be considered a huge failure...now they get both and people say they "overpaid". Give me a break.

vCash

Over paid?

Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Well, I look at it this way.. It may be a dumb comparison but here goes nothing.. Like an auction.. When you have an item (or two) and you are bidding on them with a bunch of other people In order to win any particular item you have to be willing to pay more than the rest of the "market" will offer.. So by deffinition you are over paying..because you are paying more than anyone else is willing to pay for a particular item on the auction..

Example. a pile of fishing poles and the winnig bid gets their pick.. However you can always go to Fleet Farm if the bid is to high. Except in the Hockey Free agent market... there is no "other fleet farm" to go too.

Granted this is a little different.. BUT if Detroit would have paid Suter 110 million8+mill cap hit and Pit would have offered Parise 8.7 (to match Crosby I think) or even 8-8.5 range people would have said they over paid also..

Fact of the matter is during free agency you almost always over pay ESPECIALLY for the GEMS of the market.. WE really lucked out that they were willing to work together to be able to play together..

I'll be the first (ok, probably not) to admit that if they would have signed elsewhere for contracts like this, i'd think they were overpaid there too. .

But here they are in Wild Unis.. SO I think it was one HELL OF A GOOD DEAL!!

Oh yeah.. As for improvement.. Of course our O will improve, but it would have even if we wouldn't have signed any of these guys and last years roster would have just stayed healthy!!

I don't care which side improves the most.. The whole team just got better..

Maybe not a sure fire cup conttender... But at a minimum a shot at the playoffs.. and as we all saw last year.. Just getting to the dance makes you a contender.
    Last edited by Tg1; 07-09-2012 at 06:00 PM.

vCash
    Overpaying is what free agency is. Like Pidg said, other teams offered even MORE money and yet they decided to come here. Sure the cap hit in years down the road will hurt but for the next 5-7 years they can make it well worth it

vCash
    where did everyone go

vCash
    I'm here , lack of news right now is killing conversation.

vCash
    Yes lol it is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerjug View Post
    Overpaying is what free agency is. Like Pidg said, other teams offered even MORE money and yet they decided to come here. Sure the cap hit in years down the road will hurt but for the next 5-7 years they can make it well worth it
    It's stinks that sports have come to that. Overpaying players means not being able to get other players down the road. Did the Wild overpay to get these guys? Probably, but if they didn't some other team would have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsNY View Post
    It's stinks that sports have come to that. Overpaying players means not being able to get other players down the road. Did the Wild overpay to get these guys? Probably, but if they didn't some other team would have.
    Exactly so I don't get what's the fuss. People complain if they don't get them, but when they do..."they overpaid!". There's no winning with some people.