Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Kahn realization?

As the days go by, and our hopes of landing nic Batum, pau gasol, or basically anyone who ISN'T wes Johnson are getting depleted, am I the only one who thinks Kahn just won't work here? We all know that he's approaching building the roster from more of a big market mindset (going for fas) in a small market, but has that officially failed? He's tried the draft approach, but since he's so horrendous at evaluating talent, we can't build a roster that way.

Should dkahns time be done now? Regardless of next seasons outcome?

vCash
    Calm down

vCash
    While I am more then willing to see what Kahn can do this offseason, yes, I think he is in over his head as an NBA GM, and would prefer someone else.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Batum was a pipe dream anyhow. For the off season, I would have been more then happy with Mayo, Lee, Iggy, Batum, along with many others. We cant just put Kahn's head on a platter because he hasnt landed one of the top younf restricted free agents yet.
    Now why did the Wolves do that?

vCash
    Let's wait this out. If I recall correctly, someone posted an article the other day about Iggy being Plan B. Kahn has his flaws, but he's a drastic improvement over McHale and I would hate to go back down that road with the unknown. I do think though that he should hire me to handle the draft.
    United We Run

vCash
    oh even if Kahn has a nice offseason, his draft misses destroy my trust in him being an elite NBA GM.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    we just got Roy, my opinion hasn't changed, we probably offered him the most money easy.

vCash
    I agree with the OP assesment. Kahn would work better in a large market where you dont need to rely so heavily on the draft...think of the way our assets were viewed a couple seasons ago...#5 pick, Jhonny Flynn (who was considered a good asset then), Rubio, Jefferson...what could he have turned that into in a place like NY? in Minnesota, he turned it into Wes Johnson, a first round pick, Rubio, and Lazar Hayward.

Rubio was his only win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    I agree with the OP assesment. Kahn would work better in a large market where you dont need to rely so heavily on the draft...think of the way our assets were viewed a couple seasons ago...#5 pick, Jhonny Flynn (who was considered a good asset then), Rubio, Jefferson...what could he have turned that into in a place like NY? in Minnesota, he turned it into Wes Johnson, a first round pick, Rubio, and Lazar Hayward.

Rubio was his only win.
    god, that makes him sound so bad, esp. since rubio was such an obvious choice.

there's a couple of trades he knocked back which still annoy me
    deng, gibson + pick/s for Al J
    george for flynn

but i guess it's pretty easy to critisize - he's done some good things too. he get's an A+ from me for managing the finances. it just seems his bball knowledge is somewhat questionable.

vCash
    A lot of people passed on Rubio though. Look at the Griz.

vCash
    People passed on Rubio because they were worried about the buyout, and they were rightfully worried by it.

If Kahn was a complete idiot though, he would have went with something like Flynn with #5, and Jordan Hill #6. I give him a little bit of credit for taking a chance on Rubio at 5, but he lost a lot of credibility by going with Flynn at 6.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    oh even if Kahn has a nice offseason, his draft misses destroy my trust in him being an elite NBA GM.
    But can we really expect to get "an elite NBA GM?" That's my deal. Plus, R.J. Adelman could start making the picks.
    United We Run

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    People passed on Rubio because they were worried about the buyout, and they were rightfully worried by it.

If Kahn was a complete idiot though, he would have went with something like Flynn with #5, and Jordan Hill #6. I give him a little bit of credit for taking a chance on Rubio at 5, but he lost a lot of credibility by going with Flynn at 6.
    Actually, it was more like:

LA: Well, people have been talking about this pick for 2 years so with further ado here's Blake Griffin

Memphis: We pissed off a Spanish icon and already had Steve Francis spurn us so... Thabeet!

OKC: Russ is our guy and Harden just seems to fit perfectly

Sacramento: I don't know... the guy would only work out against chairs. Maybe he's fragile. You know who's not? Tyreke Evans.

Minny: Ruuuuu-biiii-ooooooo!

Minny: We love Jonny Flynn
    United We Run

vCash
    Flynn at 6 was so dumb. Any GM at our position would have went with Derozan or Curry after taking the best PG in the draft...but Kahn was worried about Rubio holding out, and thought, for some reason, Flynn was the best available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    But can we really expect to get "an elite NBA GM?" That's my deal. Plus, R.J. Adelman could start making the picks.
    I don't think Kahn should be a GM. He is a numbers guy, he belongs as a cap expert for a team. A GM has got to be able to either evaluate talent, or get people around him that can do it for him. He has missed SO much in the drafts.

Think of it this way. As optimistic as our future is right now, it could have been a ton better with any/some of the following: George, Cousins, Ibaka, Curry, DeRozan, etc. He has literally missed on every draft pick that wasn't a captain obvious pick (Rubio and Williams). Seriously, I shouldn't be saying "trade that pick" the nanosecond Utah makes the playoffs this year. That is how non-confident I am in him.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast