Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    It's funny how you guys can completely rule out Lucic being a 30/30 guy in Columbus, but you are positive Nash will come here and be the second coming of baby jesus. I could easily make the argument that Lucic as the main scoring threat shoots the puck more often and while his scoring % goes down (probably into the 12-13% range) his point totals would sky rocket and Nash then begins to shoot the puck too often, which is not Boston's system. Boston scores by playing smart, not by bombarding the net with shots. Nash gets less shots, higher scoring percentage but likely a LOWER point total.
    I actually never said what Nash would do if he came to Boston. My whole thing started out that you're comparing Lucic two best season vs. Nash two mediocre seasons. Hell I haven't even said that Nash is a better player then Lucic. I may have said Nash has a better offensive skill set which is 100% true.

Now maybe I'm reading your post wrong but let me see if I have this right.

Nash comes to Boston and see's his point totals go down but Lucic would go to Columbus and have his point totals sky rocket?

Rick Nash takes more shots because he has to. Who else on that team is going to score? Outside of his rookie season Rick Nash is the only Blue Jacket in franchise history to score 30 goals. Only Geoff Sanderson has scored 30 goals in a Blue Jacket jersey. Outside of Nash, Columbus is lucky if they get a few guys to score 20+ goals a season. You need to score to win and Rick Nash is the ONLY scoring threat on Columbus.

Sidney Crosby? Tuukka's Not Impressed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dompazzia View Post
    God damnit i just want a pure scorer lol
    People in this forum don't like "pure goal scorers." If their not a two way player they want nothing to do with them.

vCash
    We can't really afford him. But Semin isn't a 1 way player either. He's actually fantastic defensively, he just can't hit for poop.
    No he's not. He's lazy and even when he's trying he's not "fantastic." He can hold his own if he tries. Reality of that matter is, he only tries like 10% of all of his games in the season.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    If you're a superstar you shouldn't need to count on your supporting cast. I know it's been said 100 times but it's true, and Nash is being paid like a superstar. If you look at other across the league:

Ovechkin has a similar scoring pace with or without Backstrom
    Crosby has a higher scoring pace without Malkin
    Stamkos has a similar scoring pace without st. Lois

No one ever really complains about Bergerons line mates, but over the course of their careers, Nash and Bergeron have both had about the same quality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shaiza90 View Post
    No he's not. He's lazy and even when he's trying he's not "fantastic." He can hold his own if he tries. Reality of that matter is, he only tries like 10% of all of his games in the season.
    No he really is rather good. Like you said, if he tries though. But his defensive game is actually fairly good.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    I actually never said what Nash would do if he came to Boston. My whole thing started out that you're comparing Lucic two best season vs. Nash two mediocre seasons. Hell I haven't even said that Nash is a better player then Lucic. I may have said Nash has a better offensive skill set which is 100% true.

Now maybe I'm reading your post wrong but let me see if I have this right.

Nash comes to Boston and see's his point totals go down but Lucic would go to Columbus and have his point totals sky rocket?

Rick Nash takes more shots because he has to. Who else on that team is going to score? Outside of his rookie season Rick Nash is the only Blue Jacket in franchise history to score 30 goals. Only Geoff Sanderson has scored 30 goals in a Blue Jacket jersey. Outside of Nash, Columbus is lucky if they get a few guys to score 20+ goals a season. You need to score to win and Rick Nash is the ONLY scoring threat on Columbus.
    I was saying I could argue it, I didn't say it's what I believed. Rick Nash is not much better than Lucic, and from a value persspective give me Lucic 20 times out of 10. THAT was the point of my post. If we gave up Lucic + for Nash, the Bruins would be in big trouble and it might just be the worst move in franchise history (probably even worse than the Thornton move)

vCash
    No he really is rather good. Like you said, if he tries though. But his defensive game is actually fairly good.
    What has he done in his NHL career to show you that his defensive game is actually "fairly good?" (You came down from "fantastic." lol)
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    If Alex Semin wasn't Russian no one would question his defensive game. Ea comparable to Peverley, above average

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    If you're a superstar you shouldn't need to count on your supporting cast. I know it's been said 100 times but it's true, and Nash is being paid like a superstar. If you look at other across the league:

Ovechkin has a similar scoring pace with or without Backstrom
    Crosby has a higher scoring pace without Malkin
    Stamkos has a similar scoring pace without st. Lois

No one ever really complains about Bergerons line mates, but over the course of their careers, Nash and Bergeron have both had about the same quality.
    See to me it goes....

Elite Players
    Superstars
    All-Stars
    Team Stars
    Everyone Else

Malkin, Corsby & Stamkos are "elite players" and elite players don't need help.

vCash
    I was saying I could argue it, I didn't say it's what I believed. Rick Nash is not much better than Lucic, and from a value persspective give me Lucic 20 times out of 10. THAT was the point of my post. If we gave up Lucic + for Nash, the Bruins would be in big trouble and it might just be the worst move in franchise history (probably even worse than the Thornton move)
    You truly think that Milan Lucic offensive skill set is equal or better then Rick Nash offensive skill set?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shaiza90 View Post
    What has he done in his NHL career to show you that his defensive game is actually "fairly good?" (You came down from "fantastic." lol)
    fantastic was the wrong word.

Here's something interesting I found on HF Boards.. I will take no credit for this post

http://hockeyanalysis.com/

read the article titled "Alexander Semin and Elite Unrestricted Free Agent" it's a great read.
    Last edited by homie564; 07-13-2012 at 01:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    If Alex Semin wasn't Russian no one would question his defensive game. Ea comparable to Peverley, above average
    I've never agreed so much with you.. it's odd

vCash
    You truly think that Milan Lucic offensive skill set is equal or better then Rick Nash offensive skill set?
    No, but I think it's certainly close enough to justify that when factoring in a contract, physicality, importance to a team, role playing, and fan likeability, it makes Lucic a bunch more valuable than Nash.

vCash
    No, but I think it's certainly close enough to justify that when factoring in a contract, physicality, importance to a team, role playing, and fan likeability, it makes Lucic a bunch more valuable than Nash.
    Ok, then you're completely branching off to a different argument in which I would agree with you.

My points is if Lucic offensive skill set is not equal to or better then Nash, he would ultimately score less points in Columbus in reverse roles. When we start factoring in cap hits and other aspects of the game it's a completely different conversation. If you factor everything in you take Lucic over Nash 10 times of 10

vCash
    Ok, then you're completely branching off to a different argument in which I would agree with you.

My points is if Lucic offensive skill set is not equal to or better then Nash, he would ultimately score less points in Columbus in reverse roles. When we start factoring in cap hits and other aspects of the game it's a completely different conversation. If you factor everything in you take Lucic over Nash 10 times of 10
    you misunderstood my post. I was saying Lucic could produce better than he is on the Bruins, not that he would be better than Nash. I was comparing the respective player to himself on his current team not to the other player.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast