Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    In terms of production , even though Lucic has better line mates , the arguments offset when Nash plays more and gets more pp chances.
    I was literally about to post something almost identical to this... good post.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    I just can't wait for the season to start. Because the bruins have not had to do much this offseason we are just spinning our wheels with these circular Nash/Lucic/Krejci/Ryan discussions.

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    In terms of production , even though Lucic has better line mates , the arguments offset when Nash plays more and gets more pp chances.
    Not really a huge difference in their playing time

Rick Nash TOI/G = 19:05
    Milan Lucic TOI/G = 17:01

Rick Nash PP TOI/G = 3:27
    Milan Lucic PP TOI/G = 2:13

You mean to tell me that an additional two minutes of ice time & minute+ of PP time off-sets that Lucic gets to play with guys like Horton, Krejci, Peverley & Seguin?

I'll ask again since no one answer my question last time.

Does Milan Lucic post 30/30 seasons in Columbus if he had to be "the guy" in Columbus?

First Milk Crates, Now Water Bottles.....Nothing is Safe

vCash
    2 minutes is pretty significant .. that's like a whole extra shift... and 1 minute more on the PP is huge...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post

You mean to tell me that an additional two minutes of ice time & minute+ of PP time off-sets that Lucic gets to play with guys like Horton, Krejci, Peverley & Seguin?

Does Milan Lucic post 30/30 seasons in Columbus if he had to be "the guy" in Columbus?
    Maybe because those extra two minutes the puck is on Nash's stick. He is the focus of the offense, everything roles through him

Your looking at average ice time 2 minutes times 82 games is 164 minutes of regular ice plus 82 x 1.10 90.2 minutes of extra pp a year

On Boston Lucic is the third maybe 4th thought on the ice. When Nash comes how will sitting work with him? Some guys need to play a lot like Ovi lets say his number went down a lot because he played less and the team went into defensive mode. Look at Hortons numbers dropped Pevs also. Nobody comes here and is an offensive power house

Its not the players its the system, I'll ask you, can Nash be successful enough in our system to say hey its worth paying him 8 million?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post

NO WAY, NO HOW, NOT A CHANCE!

Lucic is not a sniper. His bread and butter is finding an opening and bullying the puck in the net. Nash for the most part has had to pick his spots because he is the guy to shut down on his line. Having a guy like Seguin to open things up for him, he's easily score 35+ goals/season. IMO.

The Cap still hurts though!!! Call me stingy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by celso1221 View Post
    NO WAY, NO HOW, NOT A CHANCE!

Lucic is not a sniper. His bread and butter is finding an opening and bullying the puck in the net. Nash for the most part has had to pick his spots because he is the guy to shut down on his line. Having a guy like Seguin to open things up for him, he's easily score 35+ goals/season. IMO.

The Cap still hurts though!!! Call me stingy!
    It's funny how you guys can completely rule out Lucic being a 30/30 guy in Columbus, but you are positive Nash will come here and be the second coming of baby jesus. I could easily make the argument that Lucic as the main scoring threat shoots the puck more often and while his scoring % goes down (probably into the 12-13% range) his point totals would sky rocket and Nash then begins to shoot the puck too often, which is not Boston's system. Boston scores by playing smart, not by bombarding the net with shots. Nash gets less shots, higher scoring percentage but likely a LOWER point total.

vCash
    not to mention people think it's "absurd" for Lucic to be a 30-30 player when he's done it before and was merely 4 goals (or possibly a Nathan Horton) away from his 2nd consecutive 30-30 season. It's disgusting how much you guys are underrating Lucic's offensive capabilities.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    not to mention people think it's "absurd" for Lucic to be a 30-30 player when he's done it before and was merely 4 goals (or possibly a Nathan Horton) away from his 2nd consecutive 30-30 season. It's disgusting how much you guys are underrating Lucic's offensive capabilities.

There is nothing in Lucic's game that screams out super star!
    There's a ton to love about this guy. But the last 2 seasons he hasn't been the same Bad *** that made me love him a few years ago. He focused on becoming better offensively (which is good), but we have to be reasonable, the B's didn't get him to be a sniper, that was not in his scouting report. We did however get him to punish the opposition and offensive upside, and last year he left me wanting alot.

Maybe you're right and he gets a few more goals with Horty around, or maybe, just maybe, if Horty is healthy and "sniping" (like we're paying him for), Lucic barely gets 20 goals.

Let's not kid ourselves Lucic is NOT a flagship player, he's NOT even a building block, he is however as good a complimenting player as you can have.
    The B's are lucky to have a talent like Lucic clearing and paving a way for Krejci and Seguin/Horton. We do however need him to stop trying to be a sniper, and start crashing and running over Defensemen!

When a Sedin loses fear in Looch that he had the previous year, something is off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by celso1221 View Post
    There is nothing in Lucic's game that screams out super star!
    There's a ton to love about this guy. But the last 2 seasons he hasn't been the same Bad *** that made me love him a few years ago. He focused on becoming better offensively (which is good), but we have to be reasonable, the B's didn't get him to be a sniper, that was not in his scouting report. We did however get him to punish the opposition and offensive upside, and last year he left me wanting alot.

Maybe you're right and he gets a few more goals with Horty around, or maybe, just maybe, if Horty is healthy and "sniping" (like we're paying him for), Lucic barely gets 20 goals.

Let's not kid ourselves Lucic is NOT a flagship player, he's NOT even a building block, he is however as good a complimenting player as you can have.
    The B's are lucky to have a talent like Lucic clearing and paving a way for Krejci and Seguin/Horton. We do however need him to stop trying to be a sniper, and start crashing and running over Defensemen!

When a Sedin loses fear in Looch that he had the previous year, something is off.
    Lucic doesn't do that stuff anymore because he's arguably the most important offensive piece we have on the team! People will never "lose fear" in Lucic because they know what he CAN do but chooses not to do.

And so wait, maybe Lucic barely reaches 20 goals with Horton around because he's taking less shots, but if he goes to Columbus there is "ABSOLUTELY NO WAY" he scores 30? You're contradicting yourself big time. Lucic is 24 and has the potential to be one of the best power forwards in the NHL (he already is up there). Lucic isn't a guy to pave the way, Lucic is a guy you can build a line around.

vCash
    Yo fellas i was thinking of maybe instead of trade a piece like krejci for Ryan what if they go out and sign Semin to a one year deal to prove himself so that way if they dont like him they can let him walk and worry about signing all the free agents we have next year like horton,lucic, marchand, rask.
    I understand Semin isnt your typical Bruin cause he is known to play 1 way hockey BUT last year in the playoffs Washingtons coach played him more then Ovechkin an trusted him more on defense. And now the main point the dude is a flat out sniper who will put the puck in the net and can be on the first line with krejci then have the ability to move lucic down to the 2nd or 3rd line where he belongs and use the psyicality he can bring. Talk about a stacked team even it is for one year they should go for it. for a year he should cost around 6.5 million maybe a little less or more. Let me know what you guys think!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dompazzia View Post
    Yo fellas i was thinking of maybe instead of trade a piece like krejci for Ryan what if they go out and sign Semin to a one year deal to prove himself so that way if they dont like him they can let him walk and worry about signing all the free agents we have next year like horton,lucic, marchand, rask.
    I understand Semin isnt your typical Bruin cause he is known to play 1 way hockey BUT last year in the playoffs Washingtons coach played him more then Ovechkin an trusted him more on defense. And now the main point the dude is a flat out sniper who will put the puck in the net and can be on the first line with krejci then have the ability to move lucic down to the 2nd or 3rd line where he belongs and use the psyicality he can bring. Talk about a stacked team even it is for one year they should go for it. for a year he should cost around 6.5 million maybe a little less or more. Let me know what you guys think!
    We can't really afford him. But Semin isn't a 1 way player either. He's actually fantastic defensively, he just can't hit for poop.

vCash
    Even if we put Savard oninjured reserve and somehow trade or suspend thomas contract?

vCash
    well if we could move Thomas's contract we should be ok.. but that's just not going to happen.

vCash
    God damnit i just want a pure scorer lol

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast