Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 329
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    186
    vCash
    1500
    I think that Krejci is essential to the Bruins. As gifted as Seguin is, he isn't what I would want for a NHL center. Nothing against the kid, He is a rare and amazing talent and the Bruins need Seguin's skill set.

    The reason I don't think he's an NHL center is because a true center needs to play both sides of the puck (see Bergeron & Kelly). They have to be the first to move the puck up from the Dman and then have to be the first forward back. What we saw out of Seguin was magnified because he was playing free of care (to some extent) because of Bergeron as well as Krejci.

    Krejci, though did not have the best of seasons is a real NHL ready Centerman as is Bergeron and Kelly. They know how to play the position. Now I am in NO WAY saying that Seguin won't ever be a great NHL center, I'm just saying that there is a lot of growing up to do before hand. The greatest NHL Centers are Hockey-first mentalities (Crosby, Bergy, Steve Yzerman, Adam Oates, Mark Messier, Lemieux, Gretzky, and the list goes on) they stay away from the lime light and are natural leaders. Krejci and Bergy are the quietest leaders on the Bruins team. If you watch before a faceoff or between plays, both those guys are talking to someone not laughing about what happened the night before.

    When it comes down to it to put Seguin as a 1st line center is incredibly irresponsible IMO. He's a great talent, but being on the wing will allow him to grow as a player as well as use his speed and stickhandling to it's full potential.

    We need Krejci because besides Bergy and Kelly we have no one ready to be an NHL centerman. If we trade Krejci for Ryan, we need to trade a winger for a true Centerman. (example: Last year the NY Rangers got Richards, and they were the best team in the East with basically the same team plus him from the year before)

    Don't hinder Seguin's development by adding a "unneeded pressure" to him. Let him grow as a person and more importantly as a player.

    Just my 2 cents

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,902
    vCash
    1500
    Celo I agree with what your saying but I don't understand the both sides of the puck?

    Seguin this year did just that on break outs and he came back defensively

    Thats a big leap from year won, now its year 3. Imo I think a lot of people will be suprised with how complete of a player Seguin will be

    Wasn't Seguin also one of the youngest in his draft year?

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    186
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    Celo I agree with what your saying but I don't understand the both sides of the puck?

    Seguin this year did just that on break outs and he came back defensively

    Thats a big leap from year won, now its year 3. Imo I think a lot of people will be suprised with how complete of a player Seguin will be

    Wasn't Seguin also one of the youngest in his draft year?
    Sorry, what I meant by 2 sides of the puck is the defensive as well as the offensive mindframe. It needs to be constantly turning. Seguin has made leaps and bounds from the rookie he was when we won the cup. He goes into the corners more, as well as occasionally takes the body. But the switching his mind into defense was still too slow for a Centerman. Again IMO.

    I think CJ needs to give him more time at Center on the PP. Let him anchor the team when he doesn't have to think Defense. Or when the B's are up 3, swap him and Krejci to give him some time at Center.

    I would loooooove BRy in a B's uniform, I'm just not ready to give up on Krejci yet.

    I would however love to trade Looch/Spooner or Caron/1st for Bry. But not Krejci.

    Ryan-Krejci-Seguin Chara-Boychk
    Marchy-Bergy-Horty Seids-Hamilton
    Pevs-Kelly-Caron/Bourque/Knight Ference-Quader
    Paille-Campbell-Thornton Rask-khudobin

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,902
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by celso1221 View Post
    Sorry, what I meant by 2 sides of the puck is the defensive as well as the offensive mindframe. It needs to be constantly turning. Seguin has made leaps and bounds from the rookie he was when we won the cup. He goes into the corners more, as well as occasionally takes the body. But the switching his mind into defense was still too slow for a Centerman. Again IMO.

    I think CJ needs to give him more time at Center on the PP. Let him anchor the team when he doesn't have to think Defense. Or when the B's are up 3, swap him and Krejci to give him some time at Center.

    I would loooooove BRy in a B's uniform, I'm just not ready to give up on Krejci yet.

    I would however love to trade Looch/Spooner or Caron/1st for Bry. But not Krejci.

    Ryan-Krejci-Seguin Chara-Boychk
    Marchy-Bergy-Horty Seids-Hamilton
    Pevs-Kelly-Caron/Bourque/Knight Ference-Quader
    Paille-Campbell-Thornton Rask-khudobin
    See the Looch trade doesn't work for me, we lack wingers so to trade Looch for Ryan is a = swap. Which actually doesn't work for either team Plus we have to add prospects to it? No thank you Ryan is not THAT much better of a goal scorer. And we lose Lucic's physical presense so we might actually score more but get pushed around more and teams may take shots at our best players

    We have depth at center so that is the only reason I would look at trading Krejci. I would rather let Seguin play more center problem is aslong as everybody is healthy I doubt CJ will move Krejci to the wing

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    186
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    See the Looch trade doesn't work for me, we lack wingers so to trade Looch for Ryan is a = swap. Which actually doesn't work for either team Plus we have to add prospects to it? No thank you Ryan is not THAT much better of a goal scorer. And we lose Lucic's physical presense so we might actually score more but get pushed around more and teams may take shots at our best players

    We have depth at center so that is the only reason I would look at trading Krejci. I would rather let Seguin play more center problem is aslong as everybody is healthy I doubt CJ will move Krejci to the wing
    Very true. I just have a real issue with justifying Lucic as a 1st line wing. Same as Marchand as a 2nd line wing. Love them both and I'd hate to one day play against them, but I genuinely think (given the signings of late) that only one of those guys would be back next year. That's the reason I bring up Lucic. In a perfect world Lucic is our 2nd line winger, and Marchy our third (and I know he's done well with Bergeron, but I'm confident he'd do just as well with Kelly and Pevs). But for that to happen we need a 1st line Winger.
    I try to think of top caliber teams and try to picture where our players fit. One team I'm always drawn to is Detroit and NYR. Where would Marchand play? Besides Hudler (no longer there I know) on the 3rd line. Where would Looch play for the Rangers?>... maybe the 3rd line! The B's have a good core, but that core consists of hardly any elite first liners.

    The Bruins are packed with 2nd and 3rd liners. We do need 1st line help, and not at the cost of a proven playoff Center! just my opinion.

    Again, I LOVE THE B's! Always have, but let's call a spade a spade.
    Last edited by celso1221; 07-12-2012 at 02:44 PM.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    17,668
    vCash
    1500
    How in god's name can you say Marchand isn't a 2nd liner?.. Lucic is also a first liner, but saying that is not anywhere near as crazy as saying Marchand is a bottom 6 player.. that's just ridiculous.


    lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    186
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    How in god's name can you say Marchand isn't a 2nd liner?.. Lucic is also a first liner, but saying that is not anywhere near as crazy as saying Marchand is a bottom 6 player.. that's just ridiculous.
    I did say IMO.
    And Lucic a first liner? We will agree to disagree. I would however rather have Marchand on my 2nd than Lucic. I hope Lucic proves me wrong, but Neely he sure isn't!

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    254
    vCash
    1500
    The way the bruins are structured right now it doesn't seem like many of the teams players are an absolute go to guy, i.e an Ovechkin, Crosby/Malkin, Stamkos.

    The bruins are built on rolling 3 lines consistently and wearing down opponents with their physical play. I would love for a Bobby Ryan or a player of his nature to come to the team, but at the asking price right now i think it would be too much.

    What the team seems to need is a sniper to play on the power play and be a 2nd or 3rd liner. I would love to see Seguin takeover Savard's role on the power play and be a half-board monster. He has incredible vision and with a player like Lucic or Horton jamming in front of the net good things will happen.
    The CBA talks are what is holding up a possible Thomas deal, so hopefully that will be taken care of soon and we can get down to business.
    Seguin FTW!

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    17,668
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by celso1221 View Post
    I did say IMO.
    And Lucic a first liner? We will agree to disagree. I would however rather have Marchand on my 2nd than Lucic. I hope Lucic proves me wrong, but Neely he sure isn't!
    Do you consider Nash a first line winger?

    Lucic last 2 seasons:

    160GP
    56G
    67A
    123P
    +35
    S%-17.4%


    Nash Last 2 Seasons:
    157GP
    62G
    63A
    125P
    -17
    S%-10.2%


    how about Bobby Ryan?

    Ryan Last 2 Seasons:
    164GP
    65G
    63A
    128P
    +16
    S%-13.9%




    You be the judge... the numbers are nearly identical. Ryan played in 4 more games than Lucic and is nowhere near the defensive player Lucic is, not to mention enjoying playing on one of the best lines in hockey. Nash is a guy who is in over his head. He finished this year with an ABYSMAL 9.8% scoring percentage... that's horrible. Lucic on the other hand has gone consecutive seasons at over 17%


    lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,902
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Do you consider Nash a first line winger?

    Lucic last 2 seasons:

    160GP
    56G
    67A
    123P
    +35
    S%-17.4%


    Nash Last 2 Seasons:
    157GP
    62G
    63A
    125P
    -17
    S%-10.2%


    how about Bobby Ryan?

    Ryan Last 2 Seasons:
    164GP
    65G
    63A
    128P
    +16
    S%-13.9%




    You be the judge... the numbers are nearly identical. Ryan played in 4 more games than Lucic and is nowhere near the defensive player Lucic is, not to mention enjoying playing on one of the best lines in hockey. Nash is a guy who is in over his head. He finished this year with an ABYSMAL 9.8% scoring percentage... that's horrible. Lucic on the other hand has gone consecutive seasons at over 17%
    umm you forgot about penalty minutes, how many guys can say they got over 100 minutes and 25 goals

    Most people just look at points but there is soo much more to hockey then just points.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    9,854
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Do you consider Nash a first line winger?

    Lucic last 2 seasons:

    160GP
    56G
    67A
    123P
    +35
    S%-17.4%


    Nash Last 2 Seasons:
    157GP
    62G
    63A
    125P
    -17
    S%-10.2%


    how about Bobby Ryan?

    Ryan Last 2 Seasons:
    164GP
    65G
    63A
    128P
    +16
    S%-13.9%




    You be the judge... the numbers are nearly identical. Ryan played in 4 more games than Lucic and is nowhere near the defensive player Lucic is, not to mention enjoying playing on one of the best lines in hockey. Nash is a guy who is in over his head. He finished this year with an ABYSMAL 9.8% scoring percentage... that's horrible. Lucic on the other hand has gone consecutive seasons at over 17%
    In all fairness your comparing Lucic 2 best years vs Nash 2 mediocre years. When you look at the numbers the way they are laid out you can't argue that Lucic numbers are not right there with Nash. Here's my question though. Does Lucic put up those numbers if the roles were changed and he was "the guy" on Columbus? My guess is he probably doesn't because is offensive skill set is not as good as Nash's.

    I understand that a 9.8% is an "abysmal" scoring percentage but remember Nash took nearly double the shots that Lucic took. Again he's IS the scoring threat for Columbus so he's asked to shot more. If Nash only had to shot as much as Lucic his scoring percentage would be right around 20%.

    I know people want to push aside Nash's teammates or how bad Columbus and compare him simply on goals, assist and points but the numbers don't tell the full story.

    Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg
    20GP / 9G / 13A / 1.1PPG / +20

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    186
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    In all fairness your comparing Lucic 2 best years vs Nash 2 mediocre years. When you look at the numbers the way they are laid out you can't argue that Lucic numbers are not right there with Nash. Here's my question though. Does Lucic put up those numbers if the roles were changed and he was "the guy" on Columbus? My guess is he probably doesn't because is offensive skill set is not as good as Nash's.

    I understand that a 9.8% is an "abysmal" scoring percentage but remember Nash took nearly double the shots that Lucic took. Again he's IS the scoring threat for Columbus so he's asked to shot more. If Nash only had to shot as much as Lucic his scoring percentage would be right around 20%.

    I know people want to push aside Nash's teammates or how bad Columbus and compare him simply on goals, assist and points but the numbers don't tell the full story.
    Agreed! If Nash had a $7M instead of a near $8M Cap than everyone on this board world be foaming at the mouth. Nash has been lighting lamps for years on a mediocre team playing with the likes of Antoine Vermette. Lucic had a player in Krejci that passes first, shoots second.

    Lucic is good he's a strong presence, but he's not a first liner. He's one of the biggest presences in the B's but too many times I read the Haggertys and Jimmy Murphys of New England writing that they wish he would crash the net more. Well realistically Lucic lacks what snipers have (the snipe), but the grit and the charging the net is what could make him a goal scorer, Hopefully this year (if he's here) we will see alot more than last year.

    All this is moot because I dont think they will do anything to change this team, and although familiarity is good, predictability is bad!

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,902
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    In all fairness your comparing Lucic 2 best years vs Nash 2 mediocre years. When you look at the numbers the way they are laid out you can't argue that Lucic numbers are not right there with Nash. Here's my question though. Does Lucic put up those numbers if the roles were changed and he was "the guy" on Columbus? My guess is he probably doesn't because is offensive skill set is not as good as Nash's.

    I understand that a 9.8% is an "abysmal" scoring percentage but remember Nash took nearly double the shots that Lucic took. Again he's IS the scoring threat for Columbus so he's asked to shot more. If Nash only had to shot as much as Lucic his scoring percentage would be right around 20%.

    I know people want to push aside Nash's teammates or how bad Columbus and compare him simply on goals, assist and points but the numbers don't tell the full story.
    So guys a superstar that needs help to score......

    If your telling me he can't take a team upon his shoulders and at the very least make it competitive, maybe he should have taken even less money, or maybe he had a few good years at the beginning of his career and now he is living off the memory of the good times

    Also your telling me if he shoots less he would have a higher percentage, your assuming he doesn't take bad shots and the sheer number of shots he takes is the only reason he got to 30. What if he comes to a team where his ice time is cut? A team which has multiple scoring threats so the puck isn't passed to him to take all those shots? Can he make the most of his opportunities? The numbers says no

  14. #89
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    9,854
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    So guys a superstar that needs help to score......
    Come on B&G outside of the Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos and Ovie's of the world everyone needs help to score.

    If your telling me he can't take a team upon his shoulders and at the very least make it competitive, maybe he should have taken even less money, or maybe he had a few good years at the beginning of his career and now he is living off the memory of the good times
    Rick Nash has carried the Blue Jackets since his sophomore season. Imagine how much worse Columbus would be if Nash wasn't on the team. A few good seasons to begin his career? He's scored 30+ goals the last 5 seasons with one year scoring 40 goals.

    Also your telling me if he shoots less he would have a higher percentage, your assuming he doesn't take bad shots and the sheer number of shots he takes is the only reason he got to 30.
    By that logic Milan Lucic would have scored 52 goals last season had to taken as many shots. Sorry but Milan Lucic would never score 52 goals in a season.

    What if he comes to a team where his ice time is cut? A team which has multiple scoring threats so the puck isn't passed to him to take all those shots? Can he make the most of his opportunities? The numbers says no
    So Milan Lucic can do it but Rick Nash can't? If Nash has better players around him, he doesn't become the focus of the line to shutdown. Just think of a line of Nash - Krejci - Seguin. Who does the defense focus on? With better linemates Nash would get better quality scoring opportunities.

    Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg
    20GP / 9G / 13A / 1.1PPG / +20

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,971
    vCash
    1500
    In terms of production , even though Lucic has better line mates , the arguments offset when Nash plays more and gets more pp chances.

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •