Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyras View Post
    Caron doesn't impress me either...I know everything thinks we need to give him time...but I haven't really seen anything from him that really gets me hard Hope I'm wrong
    He has a shot this year. Ill tell you what he's shown me. He is strong on the boards and wins his share of 1 on 1 battles. He has a decent shot. Slow feet. Big body and started to show a nose for the front of the net. I am excited to see a battling rotation of Bourque Caron Spooner and knight for the third line spot. Best player out of camp gets the job, if they start to suck you bring in a replacement.

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaspa View Post
    No question...

Like I said, I like Hanson and sure all centers can usually play wing (some better than others). However... I find our oranization to be way overstocked with Centers and play makers and not nearly enough pure wingers (snipers) that can flat out score. Just my opinion...that's all
    you are right about that

btw welcome back

I think it works better in our system, that my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeelyforPres View Post
    He has a shot this year. Ill tell you what he's shown me. He is strong on the boards and wins his share of 1 on 1 battles. He has a decent shot. Slow feet. Big body and started to show a nose for the front of the net. I am excited to see a battling rotation of Bourque Caron Spooner and knight for the third line spot. Best player out of camp gets the job, if they start to suck you bring in a replacement.
    ^
    this

vCash
    thoughts on possibly signing langenbrunner to a 1-2 year deal for veteran presence? iirc his knees may be done.

vCash
    Anyone hoping Hanson will bring the foil?
    Seguin FTW!

vCash
    Hanson will be what he was for Toronto and Washington, depth for the Baby B's. He didnt play much in Toronto (3 seasons, 42games, 9points), and never suited up for the Caps last year. He will be a solid 3rd liner for the P-Bruins next year IMO.

In regards to the Free Agency/trade Silence, I'm still thinking that the B's will do very, very little. But there are still a few UFA wingers that can really help this team:

(Recchi type players) - P.Sykora, R.Dvorak, D.Langkow (though listed a Center, he can also play wing)
    3rd Liners - E.Fehr (6'4" Big Power Fwd) D.Winnik (6'2 Big Checker)

Personally I'd love to get Fehr on the cheap. He's a big big boy that had a few good seasons in Washington. I think he'd play well with Kelly and Pevs. imo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtswhenipee View Post
    thoughts on possibly signing langenbrunner to a 1-2 year deal for veteran presence? iirc his knees may be done.
    Langenbrunner to StL
    PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Boston Bruins 2010-11 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

So nasty

Visit the Boston Bruins forum. Good times!

vCash
    Apparently Brendan Morrow is to be traded soon.

Here is the link:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=10547

I wonder if the Bruins are looking into it. Who knows what they are doing at this point

vCash
    Wouldn't mind Morrow but it's not going to happen. He's got a price tag of 4.1.. that's a high price to pay for a middle 6 winger.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Wouldn't mind Morrow but it's not going to happen. He's got a price tag of 4.1.. that's a high price to pay for a middle 6 winger.
    Its savard cap hit basically and he is a free agent after next year

I'd look into it

vCash
    Had a tweet conversation with DA today (Damon Amendolara) and basically another user suggested we trade Krejci, Caron/Knight, 1st rounder for Bobby Ryan. I simply replied that it's an overpayment for Ryan and suggested I'd consider Krejci/lower prospect/2nd. I think it takes that much (Krejci, Caron/Knight, 1st) to get him, but it's an overpayment. He replied back that he didn't have a problem giving up that talent for Ryan.

My opinion is this though:

Krejci may be just as good as Ryan value wise (at least to the B's anyway). He's produced with lesser linemates throughout his career. Ryan had one of the best centers in the league feed him the puck for a majority of his career and has averaged 30+ goals for the last 4 years. Is it fair to expect and assume that he will improve/continue that here, obviously with a less of an offensively gifted or experienced center (Krejci would be gone, Seguin would move to center permanently for the first time)? Krejci's overall points in the last 4 years totals more than Ryan. He's shown he can perform in the playoffs, especially if the team gets deeper into the playoffs. This is something Ryan can't say with confidence.

Ryan is an excellent talent, but Krejci and essentially two 1st rounders (Caron) for him? That is a bit too much. Nor do we even need to do it at this point. We have no need to overpay for a 35 goal scorer, who I believe has peaked at a regular 30+ goal scorer with exceptional talent like Perry and Getzlaf around him. Krejci is a consistent 60+ point center that is going to be a vital part to this team for the foreseeable future. I think it takes that much to get him, but it's an overpayment. I'd have to think hard about even a one for one swap.
    Last edited by Shaiza; 07-12-2012 at 01:45 AM.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Just curious to see what you guys think because I logged on to Twitter to see many people disagreeing haha. Never had that many replies in Twitter lol.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

Yeti FTW

vCash
    To me the idea of trading Krejci for Ryan came from someone who could see it as a possibilty whether it be on twitter or on a radio station. It is one of those things where a deal looks so go for both sides that it must be true.

Theoretically the deal gives both teams what they so desire. The Ducks need a legitimate second line center, something the Bruins have an abundance in. Acquiring Krejci would give Anaheim significant strength down the middle with Getzlaf, Krejci, Koivu, and whoever their 4th line center is.

The Bruins would get a proven 30 goal scorer with powerplay ability, and an underrated two way game. It isn't great, but he wouldn't have a hard time adjusting IMO.

What you said their Shaiza is correct, I agree with you in the regards of their respective linemates making them better or worse. I believe each of these players are at a point in their careers where you know you are going to get at least 55-60 points. The deal breaker here though, is the trading of our specs. I honestly wouldn't be opposed to moving Caron with Krejci if that is what it took to get it done. Adding one of Knight and Spooner though is IMO disrespectful given the two players involved and offensive production between the two.

So no I would not pull the deal in question. I think I became interested in Ryan when I heard he was available like everyone else. I agreed that moving Krejci was for him was a fair swap. The issue here though is the details of the trade. While we may all think that a one for one is a fair swap, there are desperate GM's out there (Detroit, New Jersey, and even Philadelphia for some reason) who are willing to pay a lot more for Ryan than we would with just Krejci. To add those extra pieces hinders our organization based on the assumption that he will come in and be that offensive spark that we need.

The truth here is that Krejci has proven time and time again that he can be that spark. He wasn't overly noticeable last season but he wasn't bad either. I believe that people were so enamored with Seguins performance that they didn't notice Krejci on most nights. The team as a whole was exhausted and I believe it is the right thing to do to give Krejci another season to prove himself within this organization. Despite his lackluster (by his standards) performance last season, it is still too soon to radically moved one of our most gifted players in an attempt to acquire a player with similar production.

If Ryan were to come here he would instantly become our best goalscorer IMO. Having said that; moving Krejci to acquire him might create a whole too large to overcome. Sure we all think Seguin might be ready but the center position has far more responsibilities than that of the wing. What if he struggles? What if we damage his development. Krejci is fine where he is right now and Seguin is too. If the Bruins can stay healthy and perhaps have a few players who up their compete level, they will have no problems chasing another Cup.

If there is one move that will guarantee you a Cup, you make it without hesitation. I don't believe this move would do that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Top Shelfer View Post
    To me the idea of trading Krejci for Ryan came from someone who could see it as a possibilty whether it be on twitter or on a radio station. It is one of those things where a deal looks so go for both sides that it must be true.

Theoretically the deal gives both teams what they so desire. The Ducks need a legitimate second line center, something the Bruins have an abundance in. Acquiring Krejci would give Anaheim significant strength down the middle with Getzlaf, Krejci, Koivu, and whoever their 4th line center is.

The Bruins would get a proven 30 goal scorer with powerplay ability, and an underrated two way game. It isn't great, but he wouldn't have a hard time adjusting IMO.

What you said their Shaiza is correct, I agree with you in the regards of their respective linemates making them better or worse. I believe each of these players are at a point in their careers where you know you are going to get at least 55-60 points. The deal breaker here though, is the trading of our specs. I honestly wouldn't be opposed to moving Caron with Krejci if that is what it took to get it done. Adding one of Knight and Spooner though is IMO disrespectful given the two players involved and offensive production between the two.

So no I would not pull the deal in question. I think I became interested in Ryan when I heard he was available like everyone else. I agreed that moving Krejci was for him was a fair swap. The issue here though is the details of the trade. While we may all think that a one for one is a fair swap, there are desperate GM's out there (Detroit, New Jersey, and even Philadelphia for some reason) who are willing to pay a lot more for Ryan than we would with just Krejci. To add those extra pieces hinders our organization based on the assumption that he will come in and be that offensive spark that we need.

The truth here is that Krejci has proven time and time again that he can be that spark. He wasn't overly noticeable last season but he wasn't bad either. I believe that people were so enamored with Seguins performance that they didn't notice Krejci on most nights. The team as a whole was exhausted and I believe it is the right thing to do to give Krejci another season to prove himself within this organization. Despite his lackluster (by his standards) performance last season, it is still too soon to radically moved one of our most gifted players in an attempt to acquire a player with similar production.

If Ryan were to come here he would instantly become our best goalscorer IMO. Having said that; moving Krejci to acquire him might create a whole too large to overcome. Sure we all think Seguin might be ready but the center position has far more responsibilities than that of the wing. What if he struggles? What if we damage his development. Krejci is fine where he is right now and Seguin is too. If the Bruins can stay healthy and perhaps have a few players who up their compete level, they will have no problems chasing another Cup.

If there is one move that will guarantee you a Cup, you make it without hesitation. I don't believe this move would do that.
    This was an amazing read.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shaiza90 View Post
    Just curious to see what you guys think because I logged on to Twitter to see many people disagreeing haha. Never had that many replies in Twitter lol.
    Yeah I'd obviously trade Krejci for Ryan as im sure everyone knows by now and here is why.

Lucic Seguin Ryan
    Marchand Bergeron Horton

That's what I'd do but really any combo of those wingers with Seguin and Bergeron in the middle IMO makes our offense a lot better without sacrificing much if anything.

IN MY OPINION, Seguin will be more successful at his natural position. I'm paraphrasing but Seguin mentioned specifically in an article that he "likes playing center better, because he likes to trail abd have the play develop in front of him entering the zone". I'm sorry but if he likes center better he will probably be better at center. He's a very good winger, but his potential will be maxed as a center IMO.

So I'll take Seguin over Krejci (I know others wouldnt)
    And I'd take Ryan over Seguin on the wing. Both those premises are based on the previous paragraph.

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast