Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    PC made a comment about Seguin moving to center, don't remember the exact quote, but was something along the lines of "I don't see why we need to right now."
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    so that pretty much kills the discussion then

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shaiza90 View Post
    PC made a comment about Seguin moving to center, don't remember the exact quote, but was something along the lines of "I don't see why we need to right now."
    Translation: We have 4 good centers why confuse things and start rumors about trading

I don`t quite remember PC ever saying we need to move Wideman before he was traded or Kessel

As I said with Krejci being here we don't need him we have a lack of wingers so it makes sense to keep him there

But if our rookies make a push and turn out to be like Marchand, Krejci is out the door. He is paid too much to be a 3rd liner

Look at who is coming

Spooner Knight Koko Caron (Sauve god forbid he ever turns out to be something)

If horton stays healthy we only have one spot to fill. What do you do?

My perdiction we see Seguin start playing some center next year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    Translation: We have 4 good centers why confuse things and start rumors about trading

I don`t quite remember PC ever saying we need to move Wideman before he was traded or Kessel

As I said with Krejci being here we don't need him we have a lack of wingers so it makes sense to keep him there

But if our rookies make a push and turn out to be like Marchand, Krejci is out the door. He is paid too much to be a 3rd liner

Look at who is coming

Spooner Knight Koko Caron (Sauve god forbid he ever turns out to be something)

If horton stays healthy we only have one spot to fill. What do you do?

My perdiction we see Seguin start playing some center next year
    Caron found a groove towards the end of last season i would believe its his spot to lose

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    Caron found a groove towards the end of last season i would believe its his spot to lose
    With pc saying he is looking for 3rd line scoring I don't know, I wish he would just give him a shot and play him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    If the Bruins were so set on Seguin as a center I dot think they trade for Kelly at all, let alone extend him... I really don't see him moving to center any time soon unless it's for a short time.
    Why does Kelly affect Seguin? Kelly is our 3rd line C. Seguin is not going to be on the 3rd line ever. Right now the bruins have no reason to move Seguin to Center, he is talented and willing enough to play wing.

But...

The Bruins and Seguin have both said to the media that he will be at center.

So the choice is Bergeron or Krejci right? So it's really not even a choice.

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeelyforPres View Post
    Why does Kelly affect Seguin? Kelly is our 3rd line C. Seguin is not going to be on the 3rd line ever. Right now the bruins have no reason to move Seguin to Center, he is talented and willing enough to play wing.

But...

from http://www.rotoworld.com

Tyler Seguin is projected to remain on the wing at the beginning of next year.
    Boston GM Peter Chiarelli said there is, "No reason to put him to the middle." Seguin played the majority of his sophomore campaign on the wing, but it's still possible that he will line up at center at some point down the road. Chiarelli described Seguin's position on the wing as a short-term decision. The 20-year-old forward recorded 29 goals and 67 points in 81 games last year and he should have a bright future ahead of him. Jun 13 - 5:16 PM
    Source: Boston Bruins on Twitter

vCash
    from http://www.rotoworld.com

Tyler Seguin is projected to remain on the wing at the beginning of next year.
    Boston GM Peter Chiarelli said there is, "No reason to put him to the middle." Seguin played the majority of his sophomore campaign on the wing, but it's still possible that he will line up at center at some point down the road. Chiarelli described Seguin's position on the wing as a short-term decision. The 20-year-old forward recorded 29 goals and 67 points in 81 games last year and he should have a bright future ahead of him. Jun 13 - 5:16 PM
    Source: Boston Bruins on Twitter

If Krejci is here Seguin is on the wing. There is no debating that. IMO Krejci is not our best center and next year (2013) he may be our third best center, if you can swap Krejci for Ryan - THEN Seguin would be moved but while Krejci is here Seguin is going to HAVE to play wing.

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    If Krejci is here Seguin is on the wing. There is no debating that. IMO Krejci is not our best center and next year (2013) he may be our third best center, if you can swap Krejci for Ryan - THEN Seguin would be moved but while Krejci is here Seguin is going to HAVE to play wing.
    Yeah cause Krejci is a very good center. But Seguin if a franchise center. This year I would let him work with Bergs on faceoffs. After that Krejci moves to the wing or shop him

Remember this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDBXbUO5YSk

and this

and finally
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwopz3r3tzM

Thank you Burkie

vCash
    Yeah cause Krejci is a very good center. But Seguin if a franchise center. This year I would let him work with Bergs on faceoffs. After that Krejci moves to the wing or shop him

Remember this:

and this

and finally

Thank you Burkie
    Thanks for that B&G that was refreshing. goddam the season is so far away. You can never have enough good centers. lets wait and see what DK brings to the table this season.

vCash

Remember this:

and this

and finally

Thank you Burkie
    Definitely remember, but never get tired of watching. Almost love the goal against the Caps more, because it shows he's learning to work and fight for those pucks.

Though, I think the first video showed that Ryder was pretty key for us. Yeah, he may have been inconsistent and not the best, but he has skill and was clearly good around the net for us.

Mostly, I just can't wait for the season to start.

vCash
    Yeah Ryder was amazing...what an amazing pass to Seguin...he really threaded the needle on that play to Seguin
    PSD Bruins Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Boston Bruins Style

vCash

But...

Clearly Seguin is not a center. Statistically speaking, if you don't play center your first 3 years in the NHL, you don't end up being a center.

What does Kelly have to do with Seguin ? The fact that they resigned Kelly tells me they WANT Seguin at wing. 1st, 2nd, 3rd line center doesn't make a difference. At one time or another Bergeron, Krejci, and Savard have been 3rd line centers for the Bruins... If the Bruins wante him at center so badly, they don't sign Kelly. Simple as that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyras View Post
    Yeah Ryder was amazing...what an amazing pass to Seguin...he really threaded the needle on that play to Seguin
    Ryder's awful. You have to really suck to score 30 goals in te NHL, what a bum!

I miss being in 6th grade and having no recollection of who's good and who's bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    Clearly Seguin is not a center. Statistically speaking, if you don't play center your first 3 years in the NHL, you don't end up being a center.

What does Kelly have to do with Seguin ? The fact that they resigned Kelly tells me they WANT Seguin at wing. 1st, 2nd, 3rd line center doesn't make a difference. At one time or another Bergeron, Krejci, and Savard have been 3rd line centers for the Bruins... If the Bruins wante him at center so badly, they don't sign Kelly. Simple as that
    Savard was never a 3rd line center

Actually your pretty simple minded on this seguin old buddy Krejci or Seguin would not play PK. So by signing Kelly at 4 million you actually have a more versatile center. He can play center on any line (in case of injury) and he can play PP and play PK.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast