Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
    vCash
    It's weird how little a lot of people know about the business side of hockey....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goshhhjosh View Post
    I believe it was Melrose who mentioned on Sportscenter that under the current model the players get 57% of the revenue and the owners get 43%.

What would be wrong with a 50-50 split? Just wondering. I don't consider myself as knowledgeable about hockey/hockey revenue as you gents.
    There's a lot more players than there is owners

vCash

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    It's weird how little a lot of people know about the business side of hockey....
    Not sure why that's weird. Maybe you could enlighten us and start a CBA thread and explain the negotiations.

I admittedly only know as much as I read during times like these, and that information isn't totally reliable because both sides use the media for posturing.

I only have so much time and limited brain capacity so seeking out information on the business ops of hockey is not on my priority list. I would legit be psyched if u put together a little thread for us.

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    I honestly did not put that red thumbs down on my previous post. A terrible mistake

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeelyforPres View Post
    Not sure why that's weird. Maybe you could enlighten us and start a CBA thread and explain the negotiations.

I admittedly only know as much as I read during times like these, and that information isn't totally reliable because both sides use the media for posturing.

I only have so much time and limited brain capacity so seeking out information on the business ops of hockey is not on my priority list. I would legit be psyched if u put together a little thread for us.

I would also be psyched. Would love to be able to just have the facts and interpret the negotiations myself as opposed to having both sides trying to force feed me their skewed points of view.

vCash
    Bruins in-house moves:

One thing i noticed is that Dougie was already sent back to Juniors, does this mean that if the season starts late (seems more likely) he won't be able to play this year or can they still call him up ??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Bruins in-house moves:

One thing i noticed is that Dougie was already sent back to Juniors, does this mean that if the season starts late (seems more likely) he won't be able to play this year or can they still call him up ??
    I believe the CHL and the NHL are in the process of working something out if the season is resumed at any point or starts on time.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Bruins in-house moves:

Where does Seguin fall into this? Isn't he a year to young for the AHL but being he has 2 years of pro experience can't go to the OHL

First Milk Crates, Now Water Bottles.....Nothing is Safe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Where does Seguin fall into this? Isn't he a year to young for the AHL but being he has 2 years of pro experience can't go to the OHL
    If he was to be sent down to the AHL then he'd have to clear waivers, as he is over the 18 year old signing the ELC/100 games or less waiver rule. There is an option, I believe, for him to sign an AHL contract outright so he wouldn't have to go through waivers. So he can play in the AHL if he wants to go through the process but I don't know if he will.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    It looks like Seguin and Lucic will be sticking around Boston during the lockout.

vCash
    Ugh, i would of loved to see Seguin with the Pbruins, from rhode island so i would go alot more, oh well

vCash
    Here is the latest...

From a VERY strong source I am told...

The Lockout is now all but definite, however don't expect any big fanfare or announcement.

The NHL won't be announcing it at midnight tomorrow when the CBA expires, but will wait until the next morning with a small statement.

The NHL won't even hold a press conference I am told to announce the lockout, saying, "It is just assumed and there is no point to another media availability.."

Another odd thing...I am told that the NHL will wait until next Wednesday or Thursday to make any public announcements and will then cancel the preseason games "Only through the end of September, but no more."

Interpretation...

I am getting a strong impression the NHL doesn't feel this will be a long lockout and does feel a deal could be not far away...maybe closer than we all were expecting...

The NHL obviously also wants to downplay, in the general sports media, that there is a lockout at all...and the fact they are only canceling two weeks of pre-season games is a shift from the 30 day window discussed prior.

This is all very telling...and quite unique...To not hold a press conference to officially announce the lockout but rather have it to be assumed as of tomorrow night at midnight?

There has been a great deal of talk over the last 24 hours or so that the NHL has a week of downtime before camps to make something happen.
    The one time i hope Eklund is right, please ray: we need hockey

vCash
    Don't mean to post back to back but I saw Larsson was sent to Albany of the AHL, isn't he like seguin and has to pass thru waivers ?

vCash
    Don't mean to post back to back but I saw Larsson was sent to Albany of the AHL, isn't he like seguin and has to pass thru waivers ?
    He's an international player so I think the rules are different

First Milk Crates, Now Water Bottles.....Nothing is Safe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    He's an international player so I think the rules are different
    I've never understood why Int'l players can do things differently than N/A players, but thanks for the info

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast