Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    When his first year? CJ barely played him, he wouldn't trust him at center then.

Also bergs started on the wing then moved to center

I'm pretty sure you understand players need to mature and learn the system, especially with CJ as coach
    I couldn't agree more. I think it's time to give Seguin some more responsibility.

vCash
    Is it just fans that keep bringing up Krejci in all these trade rumours or are they really shopping him. He is going to get pissed off like Ryan and feel unwanted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan View Post
    Is it just fans that keep bringing up Krejci in all these trade rumours or are they really shopping him. He is going to get pissed off like Ryan and feel unwanted.
    I never seen a legit roumor that mention Krejci in a trade, I think its more fans that wants thatbecuse we got Seguin who many feels like he is ready to center. Atleast thats how I feel. I really dont wanna loose Krejci but I feel that Seguin will be more productive as a 1 C and neither Krjeci or Bergeron is a 3rd line C, Kelly is perfect for that role

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruins37 View Post
    I never seen a legit roumor that mention Krejci in a trade, I think its more fans that wants thatbecuse we got Seguin who many feels like he is ready to center. Atleast thats how I feel. I really dont wanna loose Krejci but I feel that Seguin will be more productive as a 1 C and neither Krjeci or Bergeron is a 3rd line C, Kelly is perfect for that role
    It's kinda one of those rumors that would make sense for both

We have a ton of centers and the ducks need one

Problem is they may want more than Krejci and other teams may be over paying

I'm happy either way but I doubt Krejci will finish his contract here

vCash
    When his first year? CJ barely played him, he wouldn't trust him at center then.

Also bergs started on the wing then moved to center

I'm pretty sure you understand players need to mature and learn the system, especially with CJ as coach
    I jut don't see the upside in moving a player like Seguin to center. He"s literally perfectly suited as a winger. I don't see the upside in making a lateral move like this just to make Seguin switch positions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    I jut don't see the upside in moving a player like Seguin to center. He"s literally perfectly suited as a winger. I don't see the upside in making a lateral move like this just to make Seguin switch positions
    because a center controls the line and Seguin has better vision, hands, size, shoot passing ability, speed, then Krejci

If anything krejci should move to the wing eventually

its not like krejci is getting 90 points a season, Seguin is already our to point guy and he isn't playing his natural position yet

vCash
    I would like to see one more year of DK in a Bruins uniform. If a 1 for 1 trade for BR is a possibility then I would certainly consider it although Kreijci may have better years ahead of him.

vCash
    Krejci is a much better passer than Seguin... He's one of the bet in the NHL in that category.

Krejci is a prototypical center: great vision, great hands, ability to set up the play in the offensive zone.

Seguin is a prototypical winger: fast, hard, accurate shot, and is great at starting the fast break.

I don't see Seguin being NEARLY as good as Krejci in terms of setting up the play in the zone.

vCash
    I agree with Seguin, Krejci has FANTASTIC vision, almost as good as Savard's.... which was elite with Crosby/Thornton.

I also agree that Seguin as a winger is a very dynamic option. Now will Seguin be even more dynamic at center? I'm not so sure. Playing center is a tougher task, they have to be more defensively responsible and be called upon more often to support his linemates. By putting Seguin at center he'll have more responsibilities and while that could result in great things it can also put a stand-still on his developement when he's not scoring 60 points from the center position.

Do I think he can be a center? Yes. Do I think he absolutely needs to play it this coming season? No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by i am bob View Post
    I agree with Seguin, Krejci has FANTASTIC vision, almost as good as Savard's.... which was elite with Crosby/Thornton.

I also agree that Seguin as a winger is a very dynamic option. Now will Seguin be even more dynamic at center? I'm not so sure. Playing center is a tougher task, they have to be more defensively responsible and be called upon more often to support his linemates. By putting Seguin at center he'll have more responsibilities and while that could result in great things it can also put a stand-still on his developement when he's not scoring 60 points from the center position.

Do I think he can be a center? Yes. Do I think he absolutely needs to play it this coming season? No.
    Spot on, I couldn't agree more

vCash
    If we still have Krejci there is no reason to move Seguin to center yet.

But you have to be realistic here, Seguin was not a center not because of his lack of skill but because we didn't need a center we needed a winger. On just about any other team he starts as center.

vCash
    Agree I think seguin would flurish at C he is good as a winger I think he would be great at center

vCash
    If we still have Krejci there is no reason to move Seguin to center yet.

But you have to be realistic here, Seguin was not a center not because of his lack of skill but because we didn't need a center we needed a winger. On just about any other team he starts as center.
    If the Bruins were so set on Seguin as a center I dot think they trade for Kelly at all, let alone extend him... I really don't see him moving to center any time soon unless it's for a short time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    If the Bruins were so set on Seguin as a center I dot think they trade for Kelly at all, let alone extend him... I really don't see him moving to center any time soon unless it's for a short time.
    Disagree. The season they got Kelly was Seguin's first year, so they weren't going to give him the responsibility anyway. So, getting Kelly give the Bruins the depth at center they want.

Then it still makes sense to extend Kelly. He's been a perfect third line center for us, why get rid of him? They wouldn't move Seguin down there just to center, he's more useful in the top 6 as a winger. Then neither Krejci nor Bergeron are really third line centers, so they aren't going to be bumped down to make room for Seguin to center.

So, really, if they were set on making Seguin play center Krejci is really the only guy likely to move.

Not any time soon? I'm not so sure. I know the team likes its depth in center and that they have guys who can play there if needed. So, they definitely aren't in any rush to move anyone. But, I think some things depend on how Krejci does this season.

vCash
    Gotta agree though I think Krejci has excellent vision and playmaking abillity, but I really dont see him as a go2guy. I think Seguin can be that guy, sure he is still young and mabye he is not ready to be that guy just yet, but he gotta start learning sometime...

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast