Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Youre right, I just think there's a little too much hype (no one specifically) around a guy that 5'8 and has the same amount of NHL goals as Carter Camper. And it's not like he's gotten no support in the games he's played.

I'm holding out a sliver of hope, But it's extremely rare to find a player with 7 years of pro experience (or 6 and 1/15th) not make the jump to the NHL. It's also rare that a player 5'8 or so makes such a jump after making no significant changes in his game, not to mention he's not scoring goals at a killer pace either.

vCash
    I mind the B's taking a chance on Bobby Butler

vCash
    Bobby was placed on waivers for those who aren't exactly sure.

Massachusetts native, was the big name growing up around here. He's from Marlborough (10-15 minutes away from where I live) so I got to hear about him a lot. Glad he made the NHL.

He still has the ability to score goals. We should pick him up if possible.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    I wouldn't be opposed to it, depth never hurt anybody

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Top Shelfer View Post
    I wouldn't be opposed to it, depth never hurt anybody
    Id imagine the B's have to be at least in the conversation to get him. He's local, which means hell be close to home wherever he plays, he does have some NHL experience, he's young, and he's shown the ability to score goals in a short sample size.

I'll wait to hear what others think before saying who's game he pretty much mirrors.

vCash
    i disagree with you here Seguin. Martin St.Louis is 5'8" & also took some time to make a mark in the NHL.
    I think Bourque could brake out in Boston especially if he gets our PP going.
    Also check out Cam Atkinson, also 5'8", i watched him play at BC. plays for Columbus
    Last edited by kevin13697; 07-26-2012 at 07:35 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    Id imagine the B's have to be at least in the conversation to get him. He's local, which means hell be close to home wherever he plays, he does have some NHL experience, he's young, and he's shown the ability to score goals in a short sample size.

I'll wait to hear what others think before saying who's game he pretty much mirrors.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't think he is the answer or anything like that.

I just don't see the harm in it.

It may be detrimental to guys like Bourque and Caron though. How many guys can you have in that mold who are competing for the same spot. It is possible redundancy may cause the Bruins to look elsewhere.

Having said that, from an organizational standpoint, he could be a solid guy to have in the mix

vCash
    I was reading snippets from the Claude Julien presser with Chiarelli and noticed something pretty interesting about what Peter said:

"I don’t want it to be misconstrued by just keeping the core intact that we’re standing pat here," Chiarelli said. "When rivals make moves like that, when Philly has the offer sheet on Weber -- I don’t lose sight of that stuff and knowing that these are good teams that are getting better. So our foundation, our team right now, is quite good. And we got some things that we may do at a later point, we may wait until later this season."

Now I take this as them saying they are going to be serious players in the trade deadline when March roles around next season. I went ahead and took a look at the potential UFA's for next season (I did this because teams usually move expiring contracts) and I found quite a few significant names.

Jarome Iginla, Corey Perry, and Patrik Elias are but a few of these names. I picked these three because I could see them being good fits here but I am going to say something that some of you are going to disagree with.

I am willing to bet that if he becomes available, the Bruins are going to go out and grab Corey Perry.

Talk about a perfect fit, he literally does everything the Bruins want in a player and he is one hell of a goal scorer. I would bet my bottom dollar that the Bruins are going to go hard for him and do everything they can to make it happen

vCash
    I think I sort of see where PC is coming from. Horton, no matter what, is still a question mark. If he ends up going down again then you know PC has to make a move. Same with any other player.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Horton is a huge piece of the puzzle.

If the team struggles with him healthy I think PC will still make a move though.

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    Bobby Butler was just bought out by Ottawa. I'd love to see the Bruins take a shot on him to fill out our bottom 6 if they don't feel spooner is ready. Even as an AHL/13th forward. He's a guy that I think could surprise people (much like a Parenteau/Peverley). He's only 25 and has pretty good size. In 2010, he was pretty damn good actually (on pace for like 48 points).

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Bobby Butler was just bought out by Ottawa. I'd love to see the Bruins take a shot on him to fill out our bottom 6 if they don't feel spooner is ready. Even as an AHL/13th forward. He's a guy that I think could surprise people (much like a Parenteau/Peverley). He's only 25 and has pretty good size. In 2010, he was pretty damn good actually (on pace for like 48 points).
    I would be very surprised if the Bruins didn't at the very least inquire with his agent about his interest in coming to Boston

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Top Shelfer View Post
    I would be very surprised if the Bruins didn't at the very least inquire with his agent about his interest in coming to Boston
    2years 900K-1M per kind of deal would be a pretty nice steal imo

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    2years 900K-1M per kind of deal would be a pretty nice steal imo
    I doubt it would be two years. You have Kelly and Peverley locked up for a few more years as well as the entire fourth line. That leaves one spot on the bottom six for at least the next two years.

I would like to think that after this season one of Spooner, Knight, Caron, or Bourque will be taking that third line spot.

I don't really see a spot for Butler after this season and that is based off the assumption he would even make the team. They could stick him in Providence for year two but it would be arbitrary given the above guys mentioned whom the Bruins have under contract already.

I realistically see Butler as a Pouliot situation, one year and he moves on. There is of course, the possibility of him playing really well. I just think a one year deal is best

vCash
    Been watching a lot of Bruins in two in nesn.

It's a good perspective watching the Bruins when they were playing well vs. how they finished the year.

Two biggest observations:

Krejci Lucic and Horton have awesome chemistry and our whole offenses chemistry was drastically better when those everyone was playing on their intended lines.

Joe Corvo was horrible at the beginning of the year and just as bad at the end of the year. He was a detriment to not only the defense (in a huge way), but he handicapped the offensive plans as well because his shot sucks, all he was supposed to do was shoot when he came here, and I'm pretty sure he had one of the worst shooting years ever by a bruins defensmen.

At the very least Hamilton will improve game to game rather than maintain a constant level of suck.

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast