Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    vCash
    James Murphy of ESPN: The Ducks and Bruins had “exploratory” talks regarding Ryan, but Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli let them know that David Krejci and Milan Lucic are not available. The Bruins have dropped out of the Rick Nash sweepstakes. Reports are that the asking price was any combination of Kregci, Lucic, Tyler Seguin and Dougie Hamilton. Chiarelli had already let it be known that Seguin and Hamilton were non-starters.
    On Bobby Ryan - I'm curious to know what kind of package PC was offering if Lucic & Krejci were not available. Spooner/Knight + 1st + Caron?

On Rick Nash - Howson is an idiot if he thought PC would move so package of Krejci, Lucic, Seguin or Hamilton for Rick Nash. Nash will start the year with Columbus and get so pissed off that he'll demand a trade. At that point Howson will be ****ed and teams will offer even less for Nash.

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg
    31GP / 13G / 18A / 1.00PPG / +24

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyras View Post
    If PJ comes back as a Bruin...I'm quitting this forum for a year
    Same. All set with Axelsson. Had to deal with him long enough as it is. He's like a worse version of Paille: decent on the PK, gets breakaways but never scores on them, but at least Paille has a little grit in his game. Not sure why so many people are hoping PJ comes back. And considering he had 14 pts in 50+ games with Frolunda last year, can't imagine anyone being excited to see him in the Bruins' lineup this year. Hope he signs with CBJ.

vCash
    Axelsson was probably the best defensive forward he Bruins have ever had. Newer fans didn't really see the impact he had on the game pre-lockout, but he was clearly an integral part of the team for more than a decade.... He was very, very, very far from a terrible player. Basic fans typically don't see the affect guys like him, Jere Lehtinen, etc. had on the game.

The only way is want him back is if one of our 4th liners get hurt... I'd prefer him to stay in Sweden, but I'd love to see he ovation if he ever came back to the garden

vCash
    Been a Bruins fan my whole life, and I'm sorry, but I have to whole-heartedly disagree. He was on the team during a not-so-great stretch for the B's, and he may have been kinda good defensively, but I don't think I would call him integral. Bergeron is a far better defensive forward, but he also is one of the Bruins' best offensive contributors. Axelsson would not even fit on our 4th line, because he is far from physical enough and isn't a great forechecker. Thanks, but no thanks. I'd rather have Trent Whitfield for eff's sake.

vCash
    I agree that he isn't a good fit NOW

But I would argue that he was probably one of the most underrated players in the NHL in his days here. The average fans don't like him because he didn't score goals and assists. Based on that logic he was terrible, which is the unfortunate reality in a fan base that has been mistakenly called educated in the hockey world.

Great defensive forward, excellent teammate, leader, great for-checker, excellent contributor in the community and a an Olympic Gold medal winner in Sweden.

But yeah he didn't show up on the score-sheet or fight so in an average Bruins fans mind he was terrible

vCash
    Wow you know it's a slow off-season when the main subjects in this forum are.....

PJ Axelsson - 37yr old forward whose been out of the NHL for 3 years

Christian Hanson - A career AHLer that couldn't crack TOR ****** line-up

Garnet Exelby - 30yr old depth Dman that probably wont make the team

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg
    31GP / 13G / 18A / 1.00PPG / +24

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Top Shelfer View Post
    I agree that he isn't a good fit NOW

But I would argue that he was probably one of the most underrated players in the NHL in his days here. The average fans don't like him because he didn't score goals and assists. Based on that logic he was terrible, which is the unfortunate reality in a fan base that has been mistakenly called educated in the hockey world.

Great defensive forward, excellent teammate, leader, great for-checker, excellent contributor in the community and a an Olympic Gold medal winner in Sweden.

But yeah he didn't show up on the score-sheet or fight so in an average Bruins fans mind he was terrible
    Didn't score. Didn't fight. He was positionally and defensively perfect as a forward, but let's not make him a hall Of famer.

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeelyforPres View Post
    Didn't score. Didn't fight. He was positionally and defensively perfect as a forward, but let's not make him a hall Of famer.
    Haha ok, that is exactly what I just did there...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom6612 View Post
    So, the Flyers signed Weber to a huge offer-sheet.
    So if Nashville doesn't match the offer sheet, how do you think it will take PC to offer TT in a effort to help them get to the cap floor?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 8-SpokedB View Post
    So if Nashville doesn't match the offer sheet, how do you think it will take PC to offer TT in a effort to help them get to the cap floor?
    Maybe we could beg Nashville to trade one of those four firsts they'll get if they don't match.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 8-SpokedB View Post
    That's an interesting point. There is a way that Weber signing could affect us haha.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Why wouldn't they match?

Btw Philly smart idea, guess what Nasville is going to do in 2013/14....hey Giroux, Brayden, Couturier they gonna show you the money!!! Actually to be a real dick they should sign Voracek right now

Talking about short term thinking, I'm soo happy we don't have a GM like that
    Last edited by 2bleedB&G; 07-19-2012 at 10:49 PM.

vCash
    PJ was great, but Jere Lehtonen could score so I wouldnt quite consider them the same player. I do recall Daniel Alfredsson saying something like "PJ is the hardest forward to play against in the leage" or something like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Top Shelfer View Post
    Haha ok, that is exactly what I just did there...
    Yeah I quoted you but that was directed at everyone's man love for PJ

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    When ppl on here talk about the "average bruins fan" and reference how simple minded the "average" fan is, not only does it make that poster look incredibly pompous, but it reflects poorly on the rest of us in the forum.

IMO.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast