Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Suter leaves for Minny, will Weber come to VanCity?

Suter, a friend and big time player for Nashville, as you know left for the Wild. Shea Weber, BC boy, is a RFA this year & UFA next year. Nashville's GM claims there not sure about Shea's commitment now that Suter left, and 'nucks are IN NEED of a #1 defensive man. Could this summer be the time?
    Link below.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Sh...956/story.html
    Top 10 Rappers Right Now
    1. Nas 2. Kendrick Lamar 3. Jay-Z 4. J Cole 5. Lupe Fiasco 6. Pusha-T 7. Kanye West 8. Eminem 9. Drake 10. Wale

Top 10 Rappers of all-time
    1. 2Pac 2. Nas 3. Rakim 4. Notorious B.I.G. 5. Jay-Z 6. Eminem 7. KRS-One 8. Public Enemy (Chuck D) 9. Common 10. Ice Cube

Follow me, @bharjan

vCash
    No

vCash
    I would trade edler + for him. Exactly what we need but it prob won't happen.

vCash
    Would love for it to happen, but it definitely wont. The chances of Shea ever playing in Vancouver are about the same as Crosby ever playing here. Nashville is confident they can lock him up, or else they would not have let Suter go. Weber will get a nice fat 8 million per year deal with Nashville in the next 12 months.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Unfortunately I can't see it happening. Gillis doesn't trade for or sign superstars in their prime. He prefers to go the route of the average depth player or aged star near the end of his career (Sundin). He also doesn't like to spend the dough it takes to acquire such talent as Webers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NUCK-U View Post
    Unfortunately I can't see it happening. Gillis doesn't trade for or sign superstars in their prime. He prefers to go the route of the average depth player or aged star near the end of his career (Sundin). He also doesn't like to spend the dough it takes to acquire such talent as Webers.
    While having Weber would be great, it would destroy our depth and cap situation.

vCash
    Never thought we had a chance at Weber, for all the reasons above. Garrison is the upgrade Gillis got this year, it looks like at least.

vCash
    I agree, looks like our D is set, Gillis made a few minor acquisitions for that position. I just hope he gets the Canucks a 2nd line winger and a 3rd line centre now.

vCash
    Considering the 4.6 cap that Gillis uses for Dmen, It's highly likely Weber will be here... Try to re-sign the more affordable Edler.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    I'd be stunned if Edler takes 4.6 when we try to re-sign him. I cant see him taking under 5. But who knows. We better keep Edler though. I heart him.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    Would love for it to happen, but it definitely wont. The chances of Shea ever playing in Vancouver are about the same as Crosby ever playing here. Nashville is confident they can lock him up, or else they would not have let Suter go. Weber will get a nice fat 8 million per year deal with Nashville in the next 12 months.
    Yeah I don't think I agree with this. It would be tough to get Weber but not as tough as Cros.

Gillis loves this guy and knows he is a franchise D man. I can see him offering a package that would include Edler and Burr; both players would be more affordable than Weber.

vCash
    I think this cap on defenseman it ludicrous. Im pretty sure all of our players, including the Sedins, would be pretty damn ok with weber getting more money. He is, in my opinion the best d in the league. I would gladly trade edler and burrows plus a first for weber or even more. Especially if we could somehow get Doan as well. Maybe even see if they would take booth.

vCash
    Edler, Kassian, and Schroeder plus a 1st?
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    That's a pretty decent proposal. I would take that if I was Nashville. They prob want something more though.

vCash
    Yea doubt we get him now.... lol
    Top 10 Rappers Right Now
    1. Nas 2. Kendrick Lamar 3. Jay-Z 4. J Cole 5. Lupe Fiasco 6. Pusha-T 7. Kanye West 8. Eminem 9. Drake 10. Wale

Top 10 Rappers of all-time
    1. 2Pac 2. Nas 3. Rakim 4. Notorious B.I.G. 5. Jay-Z 6. Eminem 7. KRS-One 8. Public Enemy (Chuck D) 9. Common 10. Ice Cube

Follow me, @bharjan