Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 92
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    174
    vCash
    1500
    Just sign Doan and keep our youth in place!

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    984
    vCash
    1500
    one thing ill say.. if its taking this long id assume slats is standing firm on a deal that he thinks is fair for us.. which i can also only trust is a good thing if it went down.. but beyond that... im so over this and would be happy to ditch the entire nash idea and just pick up doan on a one or two year for nothing more than money... something that we wont miss or regret giving away lol

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    633
    vCash
    1500
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...id=DL|NHL|home

    Looks Like Logically, Rangers Are Front Runners for Nash

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,736
    vCash
    1500
    I just want to see something done myself, this has been a very slow offseason for the Rangers and i don't like the fact that they haven't done much to fix this team offensively.

    I am guessing Sather is focusing his attention especially on Nash and rightfully so but they gotta pull the trigger on something eventually.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,114
    vCash
    1500
    Commonsense, I will agree to disagree. But I still have to answer some things you said lol. First Jeff Carter, I agree he should have a good season next year. But hes a 30 goal scorer when healthy played top minutes for Philly and now is a second liner. But IMO his time in Columbus was no ones fault but his own and nothing to do with Nash. He signed a huge deal with his friend from the age of 16 Richards. Then partied his way out of there. There was the Dry Island which was true, there was the rumored sleeping with Hartnals wife. 2 years prior he was in the SCF, then the ECF, then traded to the worst orgination in the league. He had no interest in being there and complained his way out. Many were schocked that Lombardi reunited the party boys, it worked out and now he has a winning core locked up for a long time, once they relock up Brown in 2 years and still have room.

    As for chemsitry it is important but thats what camp is for. I dont care about the presidents trophy, just have to get in. I dont think there is a huge home ice advantage for them. They win at home and on the road. Id rather have an away seed going into the playoffs then battling out to win the division. The Garden is loud when they are winning but when its a big game at the garden and scoring hasnt started and they are not getting the better chances you can hear a pin drop.

    As for the moving of that many players. The Flyers started last season with 7 forwards gone from the season before. Previous season stats: Richards/Carter 66 points a piece, Ville Leno 53 points, Versteeg (was a rental), Zherdev, Carcillo, Betts. Carter, Richards, and Leno were 3,4,5 in team scoring. They finished with 3 less points which were OT loses then the year before. Also Pronger their number 1 defenseman played only 13 games, JVR only played 44. Yes Carter and Richards won the cup but when looking at most important on the cup win would go Quick, Kopitar, Doughty, Brown, Richards, Carter. I do think the Flyers are better off in the long runs with the guys they aquired.

    As for MDZ not being included, I was one of the few on the board who wouldnt trade him during his sophmore slump when most people would have traded him for some practice pucks. Stepan, Ive been on the fence about. I like him but if he was included my offer would significantly drop. The reason I hold him out is because his teammate history with Mcdonagh and WJC history with Kreider.

    I do agree that Sather is holding his ground. The only 2 teams I worry about in giving the better deal are Philly, which I really hope doesnt happen because I think him and Giroux will be lights out, and San Jose, they could put a good package together. I dont think that Wings will get him cant see trading your franchise face to a team in the division. Dont see pitt feeling the need to give up that much with the 2 best players in the game, but I could be wrong. Boston is the only team Im really not sure on what they have in the pipeline.

    If anyone is interested in seeing 2 pictures of what MSG looks like today, check my twitter account @k92moore. A friend of mine is working the renovation and sent me 2 picks today.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,948
    vCash
    1500
    I was just in the Blue Jackets forum and one guy in that forum wants the kind of return the Lindros/Foresberg trade got BAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,589
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rocowear21 View Post
    I really dont see how Nash's contract is that bad. I mean we would trade dubi in the package hopefully. There goes 4.5 million and Gaboriks contract is off the books in 2 years. You guys seem to be thinking that Nash is the same kind of player that Gomez and Drury were. Trust me he's not.
    I presume you do not believe the Rangers would want to resign Gaborik in two years? He has averaged a goal every other game (i.e., 40 goal per year player) since becoming a Ranger -- I think the organization's plan is to have two lethal scorers in the team, not just one the way it is now. Nash's contract term is a concern but a risk worth taking in my view. However, I hope Gaborik continues to perform the way he has been in recent years, and we resign him in two years.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,055
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nyr2002nyr View Post
    I was just in the Blue Jackets forum and one guy in that forum wants the kind of return the Lindros/Foresberg trade got BAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

    Good, if they want that much and a new CBA indicates that teams can hold onto players through 7-10 years of service, let Columbus sit and hemorrhage.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,948
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
    I presume you do not believe the Rangers would want to resign Gaborik in two years? He has averaged a goal every other game (i.e., 40 goal per year player) since becoming a Ranger -- I think the organization's plan is to have two lethal scorers in the team, not just one the way it is now. Nash's contract term is a concern but a risk worth taking in my view. However, I hope Gaborik continues to perform the way he has been in recent years, and we resign him in two years.

    I would take Nash over Gab anyday.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    7,094
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nyr2002nyr View Post
    I would take Nash over Gab anyday.
    Asking anyone to replace Gaborik up until Christmas is a tough job, he was 3rd in goals last year, only behind Stamkos and Malkin, finishing ahead of players like James Neal, Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, and the Sedins. Having said all that Nash has age on his side and the perceived edge in durability, however over the last 3 seasons Gaborik has played a lot harder games, games that meant something to the team, trying to get into playoffs or getting tops in the east, as well as the much more physical playoffs, something Nash hasn't had to do. Nash was able to coast through to the end of most seasons, he wouldn't be able to do that here. In all total, Gaborik has played 50 more playoff games since Nash came into the league, and that takes it's toll. Just something to think about, most people take Gabby for granted, but the guy has performed for this team, there's no guarantee Nash or anyone else will do what he has done. We're a 10th place team last year without his production, as well as Hanks.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,948
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Asking anyone to replace Gaborik up until Christmas is a tough job, he was 3rd in goals last year, only behind Stamkos and Malkin, finishing ahead of players like James Neal, Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, and the Sedins. Having said all that Nash has age on his side and the perceived edge in durability, however over the last 3 seasons Gaborik has played a lot harder games, games that meant something to the team, trying to get into playoffs or getting tops in the east, as well as the much more physical playoffs, something Nash hasn't had to do. Nash was able to coast through to the end of most seasons, he wouldn't be able to do that here. In all total, Gaborik has played 50 more playoff games since Nash came into the league, and that takes it's toll. Just something to think about, most people take Gabby for granted, but the guy has performed for this team, there's no guarantee Nash or anyone else will do what he has done. We're a 10th place team last year without his production, as well as Hanks.

    WOW.....Nash has played with nobody in Col while Gabby has been on a good team..Nash has had to do it all alone and is a way tougher player then gabs can ever dream of. I dont care if we dont make that trade for Nash myself i like our core but Gabs is a soft player always has been always will be. You are right though we have no guarantee 's that anyone who comes in will do what they did elsewhere but if he can score 30 with that AHL lineup in Col im betting 40 shouldnt be a issue

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,256
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nyr2002nyr View Post
    WOW.....Nash has played with nobody in Col while Gabby has been on a good team..Nash has had to do it all alone and is a way tougher player then gabs can ever dream of. I dont care if we dont make that trade for Nash myself i like our core but Gabs is a soft player always has been always will be. You are right though we have no guarantee 's that anyone who comes in will do what they did elsewhere but if he can score 30 with that AHL lineup in Col im betting 40 shouldnt be a issue
    Honestly, Gabby takes a lot of crap from a lot of people. The guy isn't a mauler, a tough guy out there. He doesn't throw big hits, he doesn't fight, he scores goals. Honestly, for him being that kind of player, I really don't see him as soft. He plays plenty hard out there, doesn't shy away from contact.

    People wondered how he would hold up, whether or not he would be worth the contract he was given. Well, looking at what he has done, how much more could you ask from him? 2 great 40 goal seasons, and an injury plagued one which he was clearly not right, but still went out and played 60 games, gutted it out because the team needed it, and put up almost 50 points. And has managed good +/- numbers. Oh yeah, and all of that has happened with him being the "marked man". Opposing coaches shadow him with the best defensive players, don't let him beat them, and still he has. You say he has been on a good team, yes, he has. But he has been the main (and nearly only) big offensive threat, on a team that plays a defensive style. So I don't see how that helps his numbers...

    As long as he is still right, and the money isn't crazy for an aging player, I see no reason why he isn't resigned. If we got a guy like Nash, Gabby makes even more sense to keep.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,948
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Honestly, Gabby takes a lot of crap from a lot of people. The guy isn't a mauler, a tough guy out there. He doesn't throw big hits, he doesn't fight, he scores goals. Honestly, for him being that kind of player, I really don't see him as soft. He plays plenty hard out there, doesn't shy away from contact.

    People wondered how he would hold up, whether or not he would be worth the contract he was given. Well, looking at what he has done, how much more could you ask from him? 2 great 40 goal seasons, and an injury plagued one which he was clearly not right, but still went out and played 60 games, gutted it out because the team needed it, and put up almost 50 points. And has managed good +/- numbers. Oh yeah, and all of that has happened with him being the "marked man". Opposing coaches shadow him with the best defensive players, don't let him beat them, and still he has. You say he has been on a good team, yes, he has. But he has been the main (and nearly only) big offensive threat, on a team that plays a defensive style. So I don't see how that helps his numbers...

    As long as he is still right, and the money isn't crazy for an aging player, I see no reason why he isn't resigned. If we got a guy like Nash, Gabby makes even more sense to keep.
    I dont see him as a HARD player ever but that is IMO. That being said if you had to choose one you wouldnt take Gabby over Nash.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...-for-rick-nash

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    7,094
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nyr2002nyr View Post
    WOW.....Nash has played with nobody in Col while Gabby has been on a good team..Nash has had to do it all alone and is a way tougher player then gabs can ever dream of. I dont care if we dont make that trade for Nash myself i like our core but Gabs is a soft player always has been always will be. You are right though we have no guarantee 's that anyone who comes in will do what they did elsewhere but if he can score 30 with that AHL lineup in Col im betting 40 shouldnt be a issue
    Ya.......but Gaborik had 41....that's my point. In order for Nash to be an offensive upgrade to Gaborik he'd have to get to 45-50, which he possibly could do, but the point is that as much criticism as Gaborik gets, he's produced at a level that is hard to replace. Also, I agree Nash hasn't had too much to work with in Columbus, but no matter what team you're on, it's hard to get 40 goals in the NHL now, only 4 players did it this year. With Ovechkin, the Sedins, Datsyuk, Toews, Kane, Giroux, Hossa, Perry, Ryan, Iginla, Spezza, Kessel etc etc all under 40. Also people forget that Stepan was Gaborik's center for about half the season, so with all that there's really no guarantee that Nash outperforms Gaborik.
    Last edited by bsi; 07-18-2012 at 01:38 PM.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,379
    vCash
    1500
    I am all for resigning gabs to a new contract once this one is up. But its not going to be worth 7.5 a year. I worry about Gabs staying healthy as he gets older. His game is his speed which we can tell he is losing little by little. He is still a elite player but he has been getting more goals around the net then sniping. His game is not infront of the net though. His speed is his strength along with that quick wrist shot. Once his legs go he will never be the same. Yes he gets goals in front of the net now, but the dude is made of glass and will not survive there like a hartnell or knuble type player.

    But def I would resign him.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •