Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    So would I

vCash
    With them in a huge rebuilding mode I doubt they give up any kind of draft pick.

vCash
    If that deal is legit, that is definitely a fair offer, for a player that everyone knows has to be traded, should have been at the trade deadline...

That would honestly be a bittersweet deal for me, as I really like MDZ, and I think we haven't seen the best of Artie yet. But you have to give to get, and that is definitely a legit offer. Columbus should be heavily considering that one, likely hoping someone gets desperate and tops it. On the other hand, if that "isn't enough" then we all might as well give up on Nash, I wouldn't expect Sather to go any higher than that (and seriously hope he doesn't).

vCash
    Say what you will but i'd rather give up Skjei( our1st rd. pick from this yr.) and St.Croix( 105 pts in 76 WHL games) instead of MDZ.

vCash
    To clearify it AA,Dubinsky,Skjei( the draft rights to)St.Croix and a 1st Rd. pick.for Nash.

vCash
    I wouldnt give up MDZ for Nash. Frankly i am hoping we dont get Nash i would much rather sign Semin and give up nothing rather then give up a ton of talent. Also dont forget to look ahead to next year when Getzlaf or Perry could be FA's. Next years crop of UFA are way better then this years.

vCash
    I'm with you commonsense on not loving giving up MDZ. There is a reason that you don't see teams trade legitimate top-4 defensemen very often. They're so hard to replace and replace quickly.

But I do hope they are able to acquire Rick Nash. I think that he's exactly the kind of player they need, and I also believe that him finally finding himself on a talented roster with a great chance to win, will really up his level of play, his consistency, and his overall play. I'm not overly concerned with the fact that he's a minus player as he's been that on a really poor team.

Stepan and MDZ are, IMO some of the guys that should not be moved in a deal for Nash. I still believe that they can get the deal done without setting themselves back by dipping into pieces that they shouldn't.

vCash
    Again on Semin, it's just too risky, and he's gonna want an a**load of money. I honestly don't think that their are more than 2-3 teams in the league that would be willing to invest in him to the high level it will probably take.

Even coming off two subpar seasons, and a pretty poor playoff overall, he's probably gonna ask for upwards of 40-50 million, depending on term. And it could be way more than that.

Way too dangerous under those circumstances.

If by some miracle, they could get him for around $5.5-6.5 per season over 3-4 seasons, that would be worth a serious look.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Just read on Twitter there is an official offer on the table of 1st+ Dubi+Anisimov+MDZ,,supposedly the ball is now in CBJ's court,,sorry don't know how to repost but it comes from Hockey insider
    Heard the same thing, giving up alot there, Nash is a bigtime player but we better be ready to fill those holes made by giving up 3 players and a pick for him cause Nash can't fill them by himself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Foge7 View Post
    Heard the same thing, giving up alot there, Nash is a bigtime player but we better be ready to fill those holes made by giving up 3 players and a pick for him cause Nash can't fill them by himself.
    I hope Nash can play 40 minutes a game and defense too. haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyr1980 View Post
    Again on Semin, it's just too risky, and he's gonna want an a**load of money. I honestly don't think that their are more than 2-3 teams in the league that would be willing to invest in him to the high level it will probably take.

Even coming off two subpar seasons, and a pretty poor playoff overall, he's probably gonna ask for upwards of 40-50 million, depending on term. And it could be way more than that.

If by some miracle, they could get him for around $5.5-6.5 per season over 3-4 seasons, that would be worth a serious look.
    Seriously?

5.5-6.5 per? For Semin?

Guy has talent, sure. But he is typically lazy, inconsistent, and seems to have peaked 3 seasons ago. And gives you basically nothing but talent and scoring. No hustle, no defense, no toughness, no heart. I honestly don't see where he fits on this team. Hockey is a game where players can have far more value than numbers say they do. Semin IMO actually manages to be worth less than his scoring says. If he was a consistent 80 point guy, I could see wanting him despite his lack of other attributes, but that isn't the case.

A big no thank you to him, rather overpay and eat Nash' contract than pay Semin anywhere near the money you suggest. I guess considering we are in serious need of some skill/scoring with Gabby out, I'd take him for 3-4 per, which wouldn't be enough anyway. So oh well...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyr1980 View Post

You really think Semin will get 5.5-6.5 mill after back to back 54 pt seasons? If he can get that money let him go get it because i dont see anyone offering it. I think Semin will settle for a short contract on the basis of him doing well and then cashing in next year. Dont get me wrong Gms have been dumb in the past but i dont see anyone offering anywhere near that. Personally i offer him 4-5 mill on a 1 year deal and tell him if he plays well he is on a line of Richards and Gabs. With that potential he could do well and then sucker someone into paying him the above amount on a long term deal. Until that time frame i dont see anyone approaching those numbers for that long of a contract.

vCash
    Why do i think if we "win" the Nash sweepstakes people are going to look back and realize we are going to give up way too much for him. People are crazy in their proposals on what to give up. 5 for 1? Sorry there are maybe 5 players i do that for and they are all way better then Nash. People are way overrating him on this forum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense12 View Post
    Why do i think if we "win" the Nash sweepstakes people are going to look back and realize we are going to give up way too much for him. People are crazy in their proposals on what to give up. 5 for 1? Sorry there are maybe 5 players i do that for and they are all way better then Nash. People are way overrating him on this forum.
    I'm all for trading him if we lose no more than one roster player not named Richards, Gaborik, Stepan, Callahan, Kreider, McDonagh, DelZotto, Staal, Girardi and ofcourse Lundqvist. There's a way to make this deal happen with players like Erixxon, McIlrath, Thomas, Bourque, Yogan, McColgan, Fast, Anisimov, Dubinsky, Hagelin, Boyle, and picks...we shouldn't have to break the core.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    I'm all for trading him if we lose no more than one roster player not named Richards, Gaborik, Stepan, Callahan, Kreider, McDonagh, DelZotto, Staal, Girardi and ofcourse Lundqvist. There's a way to make this deal happen with players like Erixxon, McIlrath, Thomas, Bourque, Yogan, McColgan, Fast, Anisimov, Dubinsky, Hagelin, Boyle, and picks...we shouldn't have to break the core.
    Every report that i have seen has had at least 2 or 3 roster players in the trade. I actually saw one with Dubi, AA, MDZ and Erixon plus a first(or Hags). Erixon prob battles for a dman spot this year and rightfully so. I think people forget how much potential he actually has. We were all giddy when we got him last year and now he is a throw in, thats just sad. I am sorry but i cant understand how fans of this team think its a good idea to give up all that, which creates so many holes on this team for a guy who is NOT an elite talent and has a bloated contract.

Nash is going to give us 60-70 pts chances are. Thats not ELITE. He averages 65 or 66 pts for his career. People can use the arguement that he hasnt played with anyone but either did Gabs when he was in Minn and did his numbers go through the roof? Nope. Gabs scored 42 goals in his highest point in Minn and 42 as a Ranger. In fact if you take out Gabs rookie year his Minn PPG is almost identical to his NYR totals.

Bottom line is IMO unless Howson seriously lowers his asking price a Nash trade to this team will probably hurt this team more then help it. I have been through this before on this forum. 2 years ago everyone wanted to trade the farm for Spezza and Dubi was terrible. Then Dubi had a good year and everyone wanted to pay him a fortune. I debated fans and said i would not go above 3-3.5 mill and then people said no we should go all the way to 5 mill. Then it was trade Gabs after his bad season last year. Now he bounces back and he is great. Dubi had a bad year on a contract that pays him a bit too much IMO and now he is a throw in for every trade. fans are funny everyone sees something shiny (Nash) and everyone wants him so bad they will give up everything they have to get him. Sorry i just cant see making a trade and giving up 3 or 4 or even 5 NHL players for one guy unless his name is Malkin or Stamkos etc. Its a silly trade and one in which Howson is trying to save his job with. I wouldnt go anywhere near it unless he realizes Nash is overpaid and he can get prospects and picks in return and maybe one or two NHl players tops. It just not a good deal.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast