Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 82 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1724
    vCash
    As mentioned before, Johnson was incredibly raw coming into the NFL, incredibly gifted also. Physically, he's one of guys most gifted d ends out of the draft in years, I was very high on him years ago.

It's why I don't want ansah, we don't have time for that kind of project. But johnson is still young and just turning that corner, his upside isn't even begun to be tapped.

Edit:
    I'm also starting to come around on his Ryan swope kid if we can get him as a 2nd 3rd rnd pick. He reminds me a lot of Wes welker, very deceiving route runner. Really knows how to play.
    Last edited by AddiX; 12-07-2012 at 03:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    As mentioned before, Johnson was incredibly raw coming into the NFL, incredibly gifted also. Physically, he's one of guys most gifted d ends out of the draft in years, I was very high on him years ago.

It's why I don't want ansah, we don't have time for that kind of project. But johnson is still young and just turning that corner, his upside isn't even begun to be tapped.

Edit:
    I'm also starting to come around on his Ryan swope kid if we can get him as a 2nd 3rd rnd pick. He reminds me a lot of Wes welker, very deceiving route runner. Really knows how to play.
    He had over 1200 yards with Tannehill at QB, that sounds good to me.

The Aggies have a lot of good players coming out this year: Moore, Joeckel and Matthews are all projected to go in the first round. While Porter and Swope are projected to go in the 2nd or 3rd round.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    im really having a hard time with where people are placing these QBs in this draft. i still think Geno Smith + Matt Barkley go back to back #1 + #2 and i feel at least 1 if not 2 more QBs will go off the board before we get on the clock. i think these QBs are going to shake up how everyone sees this draft going because i dont see it going like anyone else does
    With the lack of elite talent in the draft I suppose a team could decide they would rather gamble on selecting a QB instead of another position. It also wouldn't surprise me if only one QB was selected in the 1st unless a team moves up a couple picks to grab one at the end of the round. Teams like the Chiefs could target a veteran in the off-season and shake things up as well (A.Smith/Vick).

vCash
    I expect we will be targeting O-lineman and defensive backs by the end of the 3rd and moving on. The offensive line needs to be re-tooled to fit the mold of what Philbin wants and there's a need to develop players in the secondary- I haven't looked at any mid-late round prospects at these positions although the safety Rambo is a name I hear quite a bit. Depth at linebacker is a need as well.

vCash
    We need players point black.

So many holes just take the best player on the board and move on.

But not Ireland, he will reach a few rounds to draft a need...

vCash
    king
    RT @brianjurgella: @SI_PeterKing Greg Jennings is a ____ next year? ... Dolphin, I would guess. But let's see how the GM derbies shake out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    king
    ray:

Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

vCash
    Don't tell me you guys are going to fall for this stuff again. Remember when all those reporters were saying that Matt Flynn would be a Miami Dolphin. What ever happened to that?

I don't remember those guys predicting that we would end up with Brandon Marshall, Reggie Bush, Jake Grove, Justin Smiley, etc... Those trades/signings came out of nowhere and caught everyone by surprise .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by godolphins View Post
    Don't tell me you guys are going to fall for this stuff again. Remember when all those reporters were saying that Matt Flynn would be a Miami Dolphin. What ever happened to that?

I don't remember those guys predicting that we would end up with Brandon Marshall, Reggie Bush, Jake Grove, Justin Smiley, etc... Those trades/signings came out of nowhere and caught everyone by surprise .
    Falling for what stuff? The quote is just a guess by King (during the regular season no less) and there is a huge difference between hoping it will happen and saying it will happen.

Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trex44 View Post
    I expect we will be targeting O-lineman and defensive backs by the end of the 3rd and moving on. The offensive line needs to be re-tooled to fit the mold of what Philbin wants and there's a need to develop players in the secondary- I haven't looked at any mid-late round prospects at these positions although the safety Rambo is a name I hear quite a bit. Depth at linebacker is a need as well.
    check out DJ Swearinger as everyone has Rambo and i have DJ
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trex44 View Post
    With the lack of elite talent in the draft I suppose a team could decide they would rather gamble on selecting a QB instead of another position. It also wouldn't surprise me if only one QB was selected in the 1st unless a team moves up a couple picks to grab one at the end of the round. Teams like the Chiefs could target a veteran in the off-season and shake things up as well (A.Smith/Vick).
    i dont see a big market for A. Smith. im curious who goes after Vick. id love to have him backup Tannehill.

i dont see QBs falling just because so many teams need 1 and teams reach on this need. i wouldnt be one bit surprised if Tyler Bray was the 2nd QB taken in the draft even though he is projected to go 2nd round. also even though he is projected 2nd or 3rd round i think Logan Thomas would fit the Jets and and that they could take him in round 1. crazy predictions i know
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    geno smith to KC? does jacksonville realize the mistake in gabbert and grab a QB in 1st or second?

vCash
    Whichever safeties we target should be versatile the way that Reshad Jones is. Coyle wants his safeties to be interchangeable. Jones is having a pro bowl caliber year and I expect him to be resigned by next off season with 2013 being the last year of his contract.

Has anyone noticed whether or not Clemons is moved around as much as Jones is? I see Clemons around different parts of the field from time to time but I don't think it is near as frequent as Jones. One would think that Clemons would have as many impact plays as Jones if they were truly interchangeable.

Finding a safety to pair with Jones and be interchangeable would open up the playbook for Coyle and help disguise the defense. A safety who just excels at playing center field is not what this Miami team is looking for from what I understand. The desire is not so much to have a FS and SS but to have good overall safeties.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmess0311 View Post
    geno smith to KC? does jacksonville realize the mistake in gabbert and grab a QB in 1st or second?
    I think KC will target Geno Smith if they don't go after a veteran QB in the off season. I don't think Jacksonville will look to draft a QB in the first round.. Maybe 2nd. I'm thinking they give Henne the opportunity during the off season to keep the starting job and look to upgrade other positions in the draft.

The more QB's selected in the first and second round the better off Miami will be

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmess0311 View Post
    i think Geno to KC is a lock. i think the Jags take Barkley. Buffalo,Jets,Oakland,Arizona all need QBs desperately. Cards need a LT badly so they could wait.

Bray and Thomas are the only QBs i think will amount to much of the group but both need alot of work. i dont have the QBs going high because of talent only because of need. i think Wilson,Geno,Barkley and Jones will all bust but they all give a franchise hope at the same time
    Take Notes Rook

Page 82 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast