Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 80 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1724
    vCash
    I don't think we will target these high priced WR's in Free Agency. That's not the way Green Bay built their offense during Philbin's tenure there. Doesn't mean that Ireland won't do it or that Philbin is against it though. Ireland said we had a bunch of 3's, 4's, and 5's at the WR position during the off season. Should be interesting to see how we upgrade the position.

WR I like in the draft are Allen, Patterson, and Patton. I'm still undecided on Terrance Williams and Tavon Austin. Not particularly a fan of Justin Hunter for this team. I like TE Tyler Eifert as well.

vCash
    ### If you’re hoping the Dolphins have a wide selection of receiver and cornerback options in their likely first-round draft range, you’ll be disappointed.

With the playoffs highly unlikely, here’s some early buzz on April’s Draft, when Miami likely will pick between eighth and 20th:

### Mel Kiper Jr. rates only one receiver and one cornerback among the top 25 prospects on ESPN.com, including juniors who haven’t declared.

The receiver is Tennessee’s 6-3 Cordarrelle Patterson, who hasn’t said if he’s returning to school. Rated 11th overall by Kiper, he had 46 catches for 778 yards and has “size, speed, body control, hands and go-get it ability and can physically overpower smaller corners,” Kiper said. “Has the ceiling of a very good No. 1.”

The next-best receiver prospect might be his teammate, Tennessee’s Justin Hunter, or California’s Keenan Allen, both rated in the 20s by several analysts.

### There’s one other stretch-the-field option rated as a potential top 20 pick: Notre Dame 6-6 junior tight end Tyler Eifert, rated 17th by Kiper. He’s a converted receiver and “has the pass catching skills of a natural receiver,” Kiper said. “Can be split out and stretch the seams.”

### The only cornerback considered a top 20 pick is Alabama junior Dee Milliner, ranked 15th overall by Kiper. “Not an elite cover corner like [Dallas Cowboys and former LSU standout] Morris Claiborne, but he’s a really good player,” Todd McShay said on ESPN.com.

### Among the other players Kiper has ranked between 5 and 25, five are offensive linemen (hard to justify taking one unless Miami doesn’t keep Jake Long); four are 295-to-360 pound defensive tackles (not a Dolphins need); and three are defensive ends (could be a need, depending on what Miami does with Randy Starks and Jared Odrick).

There are also three linebackers (not a pressing need); one safety (Texas’ Kenny Vaccaro, rated 20th by Kiper); and two quarterbacks (Southern California’s Matt Barkley at 24, West Virginia’s Geno Smith at 25).

### If Miami parts way with Long, the best offensive tackle prospects are juniors: Texas A&M’s Luke Joeckel (ranked No. 5 by Kiper) and Michigan’s Taylor Lewan (No. 9).

Kiper’s other top-20 offensive line prospects are guards: Alabama’s Chance Warmack (seventh) and North Carolina’s Jonathan Cooper (12th). If Jeff Ireland drafted a guard in the first round, Dolphins fans would chase him with pitchforks.

### If Starks signs elsewhere, Miami could move Odrick to tackle and explore drafting an end such as LSU’s Barkevious Mingo (ranked sixth by Kiper/four sacks) or his teammate, Sam Montgomery (19th/seven sacks) or FSU junior Bjoern Werner (ranked eighth by Kiper/13 sacks). Texas A&M’s Damontre Moore (ranked fourth by Kiper/12.5 sacks) could be off the board by Miami’s pick.

McShay includes three other defensive ends among his top 21 prospects: FSU’s Cornellius Carradine (13th/11 sacks), Oregon’s Deon Jordan (14th/five sacks) and Auburn’s Corey Lemonier (21st, 5.5 sacks).

"Werner looked dominant against UF, with 3.5 sacks,” Kiper said. “High ceiling. I worry about how Mingo disappears for stretches. Montgomery is more productive than Mingo but ceiling isn’t as high.”

### The three linebackers that Kiper rates between 5 and 20 are Georgia junior Alec Ogletree (10th), UCLA junior Anthony Barr (13th) and Rutgers’ Khaseem Greene (22nd). The Dolphins like their linebackers, but the 6-4 Barr (11.5 sacks) is intriguing – “a rising star and devastating pass rusher,” Kiper said.

### FYI: Kiper’s top five overall picks are Georgia junior outside linebacker Jarvis Jones and Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o, Utah defensive tackle Star Lotulelei and Texas A&M teammates Moore and Joeckel, both juniors.
    http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...#storylink=cpy

vCash
    Quinton patton is another name your going to hear a lot, I think this kid is perfect for us, reminds me of Reggie Wayne, his footwork is flawless, adjusts to the ball instantly. I got him as a early 3rd possible 2nd rnd pick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htOC2...e_gdata_player

I've also put stedman Bailey above tavon Austin on my board. (if I had one) Austin is just to small, there both pretty damn small though, bailey just looks like a more complete wr, thicker frame too, some kind of combination of Patterson/Allen in the 1st Patton/Bailey would be pretty sweet.
    Last edited by AddiX; 12-06-2012 at 07:38 PM.

vCash
    I believe I will standing firm with my desire for us to select Patton in the latter half of the second round. Definitely a player that intrigues me.

vCash
    ^ I'd like the Patton pick even more if we were able to pair him with the selection of Allen/Patterson/Eifert. This team needs a player that is capable of being a presence down the middle of the field. Patton doesn't provide that, but he still brings plenty to the table.

vCash
    i dont want anything to do with Amerson

if Patton doesn't provide presence down the middle of the field than he isnt worth getting

i love Keenan Allen but by no means should we trade up for anybody in this draft.

Justin Hunter is going to fly up the boards come April bc he will be about 100% when the combine hits. Ezekiel Ansah will also fly up even though i hold hope that he makes it to the 2nd

id take Austin over Bailey and i still have Austin as a 1st rounder.

Patterson is too raw to go top 15

anyways i had fun contemplating other WR's for a week
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    WRs in this offense dont work the middle of the field often.

And I probably wouldn't trade up for Allen, but I'm conflicted, i feel like w a real qb he would of been a top 10 pick guaranteed. But I absolutely will trade up for Werner.

We need a book end pass rusher to help wake. God help the NFL if wake ever got the opportunity to play with a 2 score lead and another pass rusher. He's also nit young, time to think about getting a young pass rusher here for life without wake.

vCash
    i wouldnt trade up for Werner i would just stay put and draft Ansah if they do decide to go pass rusher
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    i know we have the picks to trade up but id rather try to fill as many holes as we can. trading down im ok with though
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    The earliest I would consider a receiver in the draft is the late first round and that's only Allen and Patterson. That goes for Eifert as well.

As far as pass rushers go I can see us being in play for Cincy's Michael Johnson in FA as long as Kevin Coyle endorses him. In the draft I like Werner and Moore early. Sherman will have the inside scoop on D. Moore as well as Texas A&M tackles Joeckel and Matthews.

vCash
    Ansah is no Werner, not even close. He's incredibly raw too. I know you like ansah, i do too, but these two aren't even in the same category. Ansah reminds me a lot of Michael Johnson coming out.

Johnson was a physical monster in college, in the draft ppl thought he would be a high pick, I think he got drafted in the 3rd or 4th rnd by cinci and is pretty decent. Ansah won't fall that far, but it won't surprise me to see him drop. Raw dlineman no matter how physically gifted get manhandled in the NFL.

Here's a clip of patton going off for 21 catches, 233 yards, and 4 TDs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUVYu...e_gdata_player

vCash
    Did we both just mention Michael Johnson at the same time? Weird

vCash
    well if Ansah is no Werner i would just stay put and take Xavier Rhodes or Chance Warmack if its not a WR. im not trading up by any means and i dont like any other pass rusher projected in the area where we will pick

i would draft 4 diff WR's in the top 15 but thats me and none of them are Patterson. i think this draft class of WR is better than what most others feel about it. unlike last yr where all i liked was Alshon i like all the top ones in this draft. i also feel Allen and Woods would fit nicely but Hunter is the only one of the bunch i actually see as a definite #1 WR and the only deep threat of them. he is also a terrific route runner
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    id rather get Freeney in free agency if we get a pass rusher there. i dont see Johnson going anywhere
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    I don't think we should trade up in the first round either. If anything we would trade back to pick up more ammunition to move up in other rounds. I view Ansah as a solid second round option for us.

Page 80 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast