Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 65 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Swearinger? No way in hell is he the top.

Its Vaccaro, Jefferson, Elam, Reid, Lester, Rambo, Lester than maybe Swearinger.
    i disagree. Reid is the only one i have above Swearinger and im even having trouble putting him above him i only have him above him bc alot of places have Reid top but i think Swearinger is the top. he can cover he can tackle he throws his body around and hits like a beast and is the most versatile of the bunch

Hunter would have an easy transition into our offense its the same offense at Tennessee. would he need time to develop yes but he would still be a playmaker teams have to account for day 1 that will make alot of plays while he does

i have Werner as the top D guy bc like someone else said you want a pass rush with your front 4 first and Werner is the best 4-3 end. i have Jones second. after that i think their will be a bunch of overhyped D players going including Mingo,Montgomery and Moore. i dont like any of the 3. i do think their are alot of good DE's but i only like one of them that is projected to go 1st round and thats Werner. their is like 4 of them i like outside of the 1st. if we get a pass rushing linebacker i want it to be Jones or Porter

Te'O shouldnt even be on our draft board
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    What does everyone think about bringing in Danny Amendola if possible? With his injury history I feel like St. Louis might let him go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    i disagree. Reid is the only one i have above Swearinger and im even having trouble putting him above him i only have him above him bc alot of places have Reid top but i think Swearinger is the top. he can cover he can tackle he throws his body around and hits like a beast and is the most versatile of the bunch

Hunter would have an easy transition into our offense its the same offense at Tennessee. would he need time to develop yes but he would still be a playmaker teams have to account for day 1 that will make alot of plays while he does

i have Werner as the top D guy bc like someone else said you want a pass rush with your front 4 first and Werner is the best 4-3 end. i have Jones second. after that i think their will be a bunch of overhyped D players going including Mingo,Montgomery and Moore. i dont like any of the 3. i do think their are alot of good DE's but i only like one of them that is projected to go 1st round and thats Werner. their is like 4 of them i like outside of the 1st. if we get a pass rushing linebacker i want it to be Jones or Porter

Te'O shouldnt even be on our draft board
    Surprised how much we agree on Werner. Montgomery is a beast though, def worth a 1st rnd pick.

It's no secret I like Allen way more than hunter. I don't think either are anything near worth top 15 picks though. As of right now, my pick is hands down Werner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oconn444 View Post
    What does everyone think about bringing in Danny Amendola if possible? With his injury history I feel like St. Louis might let him go
    They'll probably franchise him.

I love his game, incredibly underrated, also made of glass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    Surprised how much we agree on Werner. Montgomery is a beast though, def worth a 1st rnd pick.

It's no secret I like Allen way more than hunter. I don't think either are anything near worth top 15 picks though. As of right now, my pick is hands down Werner.
    yea i really like Werner bc of his strength and mean mentality and the fact that he is doing what he is doing without much experience or knowledge of the game. the way you feel about the WR's and how you dont think they are worth top 15 picks is how i feel about the CB crop. even though i want Hunter i cant blame you for liking Allen more

in the most recent WalterFootball mock draft we draft Werner and this is what it says for those that think pass rusher or CB is more important than WR.

"Miami fans may want Keenan Allen, but Bjoern Werner is just too good to pass up, and he fills a need anyway, albeit a slightly lesser one."

Cordarrelle Patterson is the only player they have us drafting in the first 3 rounds outside of Werner that im ok with us drafting. that said i still want a WR in round 1 even if we trade up or down or stay where we are.
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 11-21-2012 at 05:29 PM.
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    My perfect draft

1- WR Woods/Allen/whoever they decide is best wr in the draft
    1b/2a- hopefully dont have to but if they do need to than trade up and get Eifert out of Notre Dame and finally get a quality recieving TE to help Tannehill
    2b- Xavier Rhodes- i go to FSU and see him every game and he is legit. A good playmaker and cover corner.
    3a-Arthur Brown- we need more lb's
    3b- whoever the best safety available is.

vCash
    Say we pick around 7 or 8 in the next draft. What do you think it would take to move up to the 2 or 3 spot and try and get Jarvis Jones? I think he's the best player in this draft and we need a pass rushing OLB. The trade value chart doesn't really work anymore so I wasn't sure what it would take. I was thinking maybe our first 2nd round pick or something like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phinsfan34 View Post
    Say we pick around 7 or 8 in the next draft. What do you think it would take to move up to the 2 or 3 spot and try and get Jarvis Jones? I think he's the best player in this draft and we need a pass rushing OLB. The trade value chart doesn't really work anymore so I wasn't sure what it would take. I was thinking maybe our first 2nd round pick or something like that.
    We need a 4-3 DE witch he is not. He could possibly play outside in our 4-3 like Von Miller does in Denver but he is better suited for a 3-4.

And to move up from 9th to 2nd would be ALOT more than just a 2nd rounder.

2nd overall has a worth of 2,600.

9th overall has a worth of 1,350, 73rd overall (Our 2nd rounder) 225, 105th overall (Our 3rd rounder) 84.

So thats only 1659 so you need to throw in next years 1st rounder and that might do it being the 16th pick (Mid round) is worth 1000.

So two 1st rounders, 2nd, and a 3rd for one player. Not worth that unless its a QB.
    Last edited by Wrench; 11-23-2012 at 05:18 PM.

vCash
    i dont think any player is worth trading up for us this year. we should stay put and draft a WR. i still think Tyrann Mathieu is the best player in the draft if he enters it
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    i dont think any player is worth trading up for us this year. we should stay put and draft a WR. i still think Tyrann Mathieu is the best player in the draft if he enters it
    This draft is trash, almost makes me think there is more of a reason to trade up for whoever you really want.

This is another situation of having high draft picks in a draft where none of what we need is available. Seriously, our top draft picks over the years are completely lack luster.

Ps, I'm a huge fan of tyrann, I think he's to small to be considered the best in the draft, but his football skills and instincts are incredible. I would bring him here in a heartbeat. I'm confused by how much we agree on the draft this year.

For me this draft is about one thing, playmakers. We need them everywhere.
    Last edited by AddiX; 11-23-2012 at 06:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    This draft is trash, almost makes me think there is more of a reason to trade up for whoever you really want.

This is another situation of having high draft picks in a draft where none of what we need is available. Seriously, our top draft picks over the years are completely lack luster.

Ps, I'm a huge fan of tyrann, I think he's to small to be considered the best in the draft, but his football skills and instincts are incredible. I would bring him here in a heartbeat. I'm confused by how much we agree on the draft this year.

For me this draft is about one thing, playmakers. We need them everywhere.
    i dont think the draft is trash so we dont agree on everything. certain positions of need i think have quite a few good players including DE which is why im not worried about DE in the 1st. Cornerback im worried about the most bc i dont like the talent level after the top ones are gone.
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Campbell's updated draft at walterfootball.

1st: Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
    2nd: Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina
    2nd: Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
    3rd: Leon McFadden, CB, San Diego State
    3rd: Kenny Stills, WR, Oklahoma

Only thing I would chance is the last pick. I would of taken Stedman Bailey or Chase Thomas who he has going a few picks later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Campbell's updated draft at walterfootball.

1st: Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
    2nd: Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina
    2nd: Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
    3rd: Leon McFadden, CB, San Diego State
    3rd: Kenny Stills, WR, Oklahoma

Only thing I would chance is the last pick. I would of taken Stedman Bailey or Chase Thomas who he has going a few picks later.
    Stills has speed but doesnt seem like a Philbin guy with the maturity questions. i dont like any of the picks after Hunter except for Stills but thats only after his maturity is answered. 2nd is too high for G and TE. Trufant and Mathieu and possibly one or 2 more CBs are all i like past round 1. McFadden not one of them. i like Chase Thomas but he seems like a perfect example of what we complain about in these threads. he is a great player but isnt really athletic and we talk about wanting playmakers. i think he is a smart effort guy but not a playmaker. Chase reminds me of Shea McClellin last yr
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 11-24-2012 at 08:53 AM.
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    think Tavon Austin has locked himself into the 1st round. would anyone be opposed to trading down and taking him in round 1 and gaining more picks? we can still get Patterson or someone in round 2 and whomever in FA and have extra picks to add elsewhere

Sherman "I think we’ll keep (Davone) Bess. I can pretty much guarantee that, but there’s only one of him."
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 11-24-2012 at 06:13 PM.
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Anthony Barr is a guy to keep an eye on IF he comes out. His draft stock is climbing and he looks really good
    Take Notes Rook

Page 65 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast