Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 62 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Your not getting one in this draft. CBs are by far one of the hardest potions to play coming out of college. They need a few years, to become really good.

Pass rushers translate a bit more easy, I'd rather spend the money in FA to sign a solid CB and take a Pass Rusher in the draft.
    anything that helps our secondary im down with

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    not saying he will become a shutdown corner in the NFL but Xavier Rhodes upside is just that
    I'm not saying that anything wont become one just the fact none of them will be in there rookie season.

vCash
    Your not getting one in this draft. CBs are by far one of the hardest potions to play coming out of college. They need a few years, to become really good.

Pass rushers translate a bit more easy, I'd rather spend the money in FA to sign a solid CB and take a Pass Rusher in the draft.
    You make a valid point here Wrench. CBs usually have a harder time adjusting in the pros. IMO Rhodes/Milliner are the only two CBs that have the potential to be shutdown CBs sooner than the others that will be in the same draft class.

I think the 2nd round there will still be some above average pass rushers available, just don't know if they would fit our scheme.

If I go back to BPA between CB and DE/OLB, the four players I'm looking at are Montgomery/Mingo and Rhodes/Milliner. I would actually go with either of Montgomery/Mingo above Rhodes/Milliner. That being said I don't think Montgomery/Mingo make it past the top 10 picks and we'll be somewhere in the middle. There are other potential 1st round DE/OLBs but I'd take either Rhodes/Milliner before them.

vCash
    I think we find secondary help through FA next year, not the draft. I have a feeling Ireland is going to go all out to fix what is currently broken as quickly as possible (CB/WR) before the draft.

You guys are right, DE/OLB is easier to translate in NFL than CB, thats why I think we draft DEs' in the draft over CBs', atleast early. I wouldn't mind Rhodes or Milliner, if they dropped to us, but I just don't see that happening in this pass happy league now a days.

I can really see us getting DRC to go along with Smith and Marshall, then drafting a DE in the 1st or 2nd rd of the draft.

A great pass rush masks a bad secondary 9 out of 10 times. That one time will happen to be against Brady, Peyton, Ryan, Rodgers, ect.

We are not getting mingo or Milliner, and I have a feeling Rhodes goes before us as well. Maybe, just maybe, we get one of the top WR's in the 1st if those Defensive guys rise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_Phin1 View Post
    I don't think the point was that you had to spend firsts to make your D line good...it's that a beastly line/pass rush is an apparent blueprint for success. I agree with best player available. If Hunter is the best on the board and we could land Porter in the second, then that would be fine with me. If it just so happens that Montgomery (for example) fell to us, then grab him up and start finding your WRs in the 2nd/3rd (and possibly FA). There's no doubt that a better passrush would make our secondary better...but our secondary needs to improve A LOT before next season IMO.
    I was just clarifying my point from earlier. A lot of people were throwing out Montgomery and Werner's names, which I would be fine with selecting. Some were throwing Orakpo into that mix, which to me would be selecting a DE in the first for the sake of drafting a position of need. I agree with the points you made here about the value of a good pass rush.

vCash
    i love the mock that Charlie Campbell has for us right now

1. Justin Hunter
    2. Zach Ertz
    2. Carrington Bydom
    3. Tavon Austin
    3. Omeregie Uzzi

vCash
    i still think its going to be Allen or Hunter as it should be
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    what way to win a game by the Gators
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Swope is killing Alabama. may be an upset. Milliner just limped off
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Alabama goes down
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Aslong as Bama and the Gators are not in the championship game I'm happy.

vCash
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Aslong as Bama and the Gators are not in the championship game I'm happy.
    wat an upset texas a&m had
    Players MIAMI Missed On That I Suggested To Draft But didnt

Navarro Bowman
    Sean Lee
    Stefen Wisniewski
    Luke Kuechly
    Russell Wilson
    Janoris Jenkins
    Mychal Kendricks
    Larry Warford
    Marcus Lattimore
    Vontaze Burfict
    Jason Demache (only cause same hometown)

Players I HOPE we Draft

Erik Lora WR
    Terrence West RB
    Shane Skov MLB
    Taylor Lewan OT
    Ra'Shede Hagemon DT
    Darqueze Dennard CB

vCash
    After yesterday, I want Hunter and Swope

vCash
    1. Justin Hunter
    2. Jordan Poyer
    2. Zach Ertz/Tyler Eifert
    3. Best Pass Rush Available
    3. Ryan Swope

vCash
    comparisons you will find on various scouting reports. Swope is compared to Nelson and Welker. Allen is compared to a supercharged Nelson and Brandon Marshall. Hunter is compared to AJ Green and Randy Moss. ive also seen said that Cordarrelle Patterson is the most athletic receiver of all of them but is just extremely raw and that Hunter is still raw and that Stephen Hill wasnt as raw coming out as Hunter. i like Swope and the fact he could come in and already know the offense. any Tennessee WR would have an easy transition as well. my main change is im preferring Bailey over Austin nowadays. Allen i think fits Philbin the most. we would have to trade up for him and i wouldnt mind if thats the WR they want. he doesnt solve the deep threat though.
    Take Notes Rook