Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 115 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    vCash
    could care less. he is still the only non WR i would go after in the 1st round but he failed his 3rd drug test so he is already off Ireland and Philbins draft board. he should still go high bc he is the best defensive player in college which is the difference between him and Janoris. Mathieu is a difference maker
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Who cares, Amerson is better anyways!

vCash
    no he isnt
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    yep and it's not even close.

vCash
    Agreed. Would put him and Johnthan Banks over Mathieu. Amerson totaled 13 interceptions to lead the nation, how isn't that a difference maker?

vCash
    Amerson is a better cover corner but Mathieu is the bigger difference maker. there is a reason he was considered for the Heisman as a defensive player and a reason why everyone is counting out LSU already. they just lost their best player. they have a slew of 1st rounders on that defense and a 1st rounder that went last yr and he was still their best player and he carried them to the championship last yr. not saying Amerson isnt good because he is but Mathieu is just a freak.
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 08-11-2012 at 08:08 PM.
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Mathieu's size will really hurt him in the NFL, he will have to cover the slot mostly due to that size.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Mathieu's size will really hurt him in the NFL, he will have to cover the slot mostly due to that size.
    slot,safety it dont matter
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    After a year in Junior College this year (most likely), I wouldn't be surprised if he stays another year in college to raise his stock a bit (after transferring back to a major school). I have a hunch that he may be in a hurry to get out of college though.
    Thanks again Phins1983!!!

vCash
    He cost himself millions

vCash
    i dont think he did cost himself bc i still see him as a top 10 pick
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    i dont think he did cost himself bc i still see him as a top 10 pick
    Unless you secretly own one of the 10 worst teams in the league right now, then I would have to disagree. You don't get kicked out of a major program for drugs, go to play at a junior college (most likely), and still come out as a top 10 pick (with a potential "drug problem"). I'm with you on Badger being good...but I think he's 2nd-round good at this point. How he recovers from his expulsion will be the key to his future (or lack there of).
    Thanks again Phins1983!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_Phin1 View Post
    Unless you secretly own one of the 10 worst teams in the league right now, then I would have to disagree. You don't get kicked out of a major program for drugs, go to play at a junior college (most likely), and still come out as a top 10 pick (with a potential "drug problem"). I'm with you on Badger being good...but I think he's 2nd-round good at this point. How he recovers from his expulsion will be the key to his future (or lack there of).
    you have to think though how many players have went this route to the draft then consider if any of them were on his skill level. idk how many people have went this route besides Janoris but i doubt theres many of them if any that are on his level.
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Do you guys think Philbin would get a WR with our next years first pick if our WR corps doesn't do very well this year. He believes that you don't need a true #1 WR, but if Keenan Allen was on the board for our pick, I think we would almost have to get him because he is just too good

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phinsfan34 View Post
    Do you guys think Philbin would get a WR with our next years first pick if our WR corps doesn't do very well this year. He believes that you don't need a true #1 WR, but if Keenan Allen was on the board for our pick, I think we would almost have to get him because he is just too good
    I think we will get a WR in the 1st round which one idk. i dont really believe that Philbin believes that. Jennings is a #1 WR just saying and every team tries to have 1
    Take Notes Rook

Page 5 of 115 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast