Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxDolphan26 View Post
    This is how we really turn our offense into a powerhouse. Sign Greg Jennings in free agency. Draft Keenan Allen(I think he is not only better than Hunter, but more durable) in the 1st round and draft Tavon Austin in the 2nd.
    i think Allen is more durable as well but i dont think he is better and he doesnt fit when it comes to needing a WR to stretch the field as he is another dink and dunk underneath WR.
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    I havent watched enough yet, I know who the big time guys are but I dont know what each guy does well or doesn't do well. But we need to understand that Philbin likes his WR's a certain way and if hes going to pick a guy high in the draft its going to fit his mold to perfection...or hes not picking one.

Good route runner, creates separation, catches the football consistently. Solid speed, doesnt have to be a burner. Smart, understands how to beat man and zone coverages. QB friendly. I'll leave it up to you guys to figure out who that is...I prefer to do my research when the draft is actually in the near future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_Phin1 View Post
    I really do agree. We can add some really good WRs outside of a top 10 pick. An elite pass rush would help this team more than a single elite WR IMO. We just need better talent than we have now on our WR core...we can greatly improve with using one 2nd and one 3rd on WRs I believe.
    i dont believe we can have a solid WR core without drafting a WR in the 1st. we could snag a big time free agent WR and one in the 1st and make our biggest weakness a strength

on the opposite end i think we can get an elite pass rush with rushers outside the 1st

it boils down for me as WR is the much bigger need, elite pass rushers still being around in the 2nd, and the fact that Justin Hunter is a better player than Jarvis Jones.

i truly believe that Justin Hunter and Tyrann Mathieu if he comes out are the top 2 players in the entire draft. just like i had Bruce Irvin as my fave pass rusher last yr my fave pass rusher for 2013 is not Jones. its not Mingo or Montgomery neither. Jones is 2nd for me

i also think CB's are harder to find then pass rushers which would make more sense than a pass rusher in RD1 if we for some reason didnt go WR
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 09-26-2012 at 12:29 AM.
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by godolphins View Post
    At least I tried I guess people like to talk about the draft when they don't even know what needs we're going to have.
    There might be 10 players who you can say to keep on this team. Everyone else is on the hot seat and those positions could be considered a need.

vCash
    I wish we can just Jennings now and sign an extension just in case GB signs him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    i dont believe we can have a solid WR core without drafting a WR in the 1st. we could snag a big time free agent WR and one in the 1st and make our biggest weakness a strength

on the opposite end i think we can get an elite pass rush with rushers outside the 1st

it boils down for me as WR is the much bigger need, elite pass rushers still being around in the 2nd, and the fact that Justin Hunter is a better player than Jarvis Jones.

i truly believe that Justin Hunter and Tyrann Mathieu if he comes out are the top 2 players in the entire draft. just like i had Bruce Irvin as my fave pass rusher last yr my fave pass rusher for 2013 is not Jones. its not Mingo or Montgomery neither. Jones is 2nd for me

i also think CB's are harder to find then pass rushers which would make more sense than a pass rusher in RD1 if we for some reason didnt go WR
    so who is ur favorite pass rusher in the draft and as for Mathieu being a top 2 player in the entire draft NO hes missed a whole year of football thats not easy to come back from and he is not as talented as patrick peterson or morris callibourne

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by godolphins View Post
    At least I tried I guess people like to talk about the draft when they don't even know what needs we're going to have.
    I think it's fair to say WR and pass rusher will be needs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post

How does "first-round WR" equate to "top WR core"? Correct me if I'm wrong, but Green Bat doesn't have any first-round WRs do they? You can add great quality all over the field in that round. Half of the time, a few of the "first-round WRs" falls to the second anyway.
    How I'm feeling after today's game.

vCash
    The comparisons to Green Bay need to stop, we are not the Packers. Just becuase Philbin came from there does not mean we will do everything to be like them. We are running the ball witch they do not.

We need a top flight WR becuase no one in this core is a soild mismatch for anyone.

vCash
    As much as we need a #1 WR, I still believe defense wins chamionships. When it comes down to our pick, and there is the option between Jarvis Jones and a Keenan Allen/Robert Woods/Justin Hunter . . . I am taking Jones 10 out of 10 times. Don't get me wrong, I like all three WR (in the that order too), but to say that we have to go need over BPA, in this instance, is incorrect.

Heck, if Allen is gone and we are picking in top 8, I might even go for Mingo or Star L. if Jones is gone as well.

I want to see a studly defense here in MIA to go along with our studly run game to help Tanny along. Get WR in FA/2nd/3rd/4th.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    The comparisons to Green Bay need to stop, we are not the Packers. Just becuase Philbin came from there does not mean we will do everything to be like them. We are running the ball witch they do not.

We need a top flight WR becuase no one in this core is a soild mismatch for anyone.
    I wasn't comparing us to Green Bay. I'm saying that you can have a good core without adding a top 10 WR pick. You can absolutely add stud WRs from the 2nd round...and 1st-round receivers can be busts (like any position). I just am not positive that a top 10 WR would be the best fit for us. We could use both 2nds on receivers if need be and still greatly improve the core top to bottom IMO.
    How I'm feeling after today's game.

vCash
    Btw I'm looking around but I can't seem to have hilights of some the guys, that are being mentioned

any links??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WildPhins10 View Post
    Btw I'm looking around but I can't seem to have hilights of some the guys, that are being mentioned

any links??
    Go on YouTube

vCash
    Is it possible to create an ongoing list of prospects on the front page?

And maybe some kind of format:
    Name
    Position
    Team
    Height
    Weight

Random info:

I've seen it done on other forums, it works out pretty well, keeps things organized as then season goes on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_Phin1 View Post
    How does "first-round WR" equate to "top WR core"? Correct me if I'm wrong, but Green Bat doesn't have any first-round WRs do they? You can add great quality all over the field in that round. Half of the time, a few of the "first-round WRs" falls to the second anyway.
    GB has Aaron Rodgers. he makes players better then they are. i dont think any GB receiver is elite. this is a great draft for WR. last yr they didnt have AJ Green and Julio Jones level WR's in the scouts eyes even though i thought Jeffery was. this draft does have that level of WR. plz tell me what WR you are getting in the 2nd round that is going to make a lick of difference if we dont have a #1.

GB hasnt drafted a WR in the 1st round bc when was the last time WR was a huge need for them? its been quite some time
    Take Notes Rook

Page 23 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast