Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 114 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115 LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 1724
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    not a Jenkins fan

idk how Bailey is anything like Ty Hilton. he reminds me of a miniature Keenan Allen. he is too slow for his size and doesnt have the change of direction skills. this is why he isnt going as high as Austin. can he run routes sure but his speed wont get him open and he wont catch jump balls in the nfl and he cant muscle his way like Keenan can because he isnt big enough. his game today wasnt very good as he couldnt get open downfield at all.
    So now Bailey is slow, weak, doesn't run great routes, camt catch jump balls, doesnt get separation?

Not sure you could be more wrong about any of that. Don't judge him by his size, he plays far bigger than that, constantly breaks the first tackle. He's a very strong little dude, and has incredible balance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_Phin1 View Post
    I've been mulling over a fantasy draft and figured I'd throw it out there. I know there's no way to know what will be available on draft day, but I would LOVE to see something like this:
    That absolutely works for me, it's pretty much as close as you can get to my ideal offseason. I'd love to see us sign Jennings, but I don't see it as likely as many analysts/"experts" do. Glad to have you back, Vegas.

Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmess0311 View Post
    he means past in the sense of us making the safe the play/pick...not drafting dez, trading back and not drafting earl thomas just to name a few...

simply not drafting playmakers when we could have based on not wanting to take a "risk" there for vying for the safe pick, not about who we picked but the problem is the player we didnt pick

make sense?(playmakers, first round guys, we arent talking rds 3-7)
    That's exactly what I meant. I've been defending the safe pick for the past couple seasons because we needed to build some structure on our team and have some consistency. But, now with Tanny, some spending money, and several draft picks, we are in the perfect position to go after playmakers on both sides of the ball. If we do that then we could be a very dangerous team next year.

Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxDolphan26 View Post
    That absolutely works for me, it's pretty much as close as you can get to my ideal offseason. I'd love to see us sign Jennings, but I don't see it as likely as many analysts/"experts" do. Glad to have you back, Vegas.
    Nice thing about Jennings is we got the inside scoop on him same as we did with Flynn. Philbin knows him well, knows what he can and can't do, and has people to talk to, to ask about his injury.

With this being being Jeffs last shot in Miami most likely, he's not going to hold back going after guys to make sure we play well NEXT season.

Don't expect a lot of high upside players in this draft, this draft needs immediate results. Not that jeff has ever drafted high upside players anyway. Maybe that's been Jeffs master plan all along, take no chances and stay good enough to keep his job.

It still completely boggles my mind how this guy has drafted no big play makers all these years. How is that even possible?
    Last edited by AddiX; 12-30-2012 at 10:16 AM.

vCash
    High upside players: Pouncey, Tannehill and Miller.

vCash
    why has nobody talked about d moore, i feel as if sherman has a pretty good scouting report on him and if he is as good as i think he is then why not trade up and select him around 5-7th, i think maybe our 2b or maybe a 3 4 combo with our first could get us there. just an idea!

vCash
    ^^ Moore would be a great pick but I don't think we'll trade up to draft him. We didn't even trade up to draft Tannehill when there were whispers that the Browns would draft him.

I have to admit that I'm a little bit nervous about giving Ireland all those draft picks. I just keep thinking of Daniel Thomas, Gates and Vernon.

vCash
    Not sure what youre talking about. Olivier Vernon has had a really good year for a rookie and daniel Thomas might be a co-starter next year. I like him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    So now Bailey is slow, weak, doesn't run great routes, camt catch jump balls, doesnt get separation?

Not sure you could be more wrong about any of that. Don't judge him by his size, he plays far bigger than that, constantly breaks the first tackle. He's a very strong little dude, and has incredible balance.
    1. i didnt say he didnt run great routes i said he did run great routes. its the only thing saving him

2. i didnt call him weak. i think he is strong for a small receiver

3. yes he is slow

4. he wont be able to catch jump balls in the nfl

5. he can seperate in college but he gets blanketed alot to. he will have trouble in the nfl seperating.

anyways my draft is going to change some bc im starting to see the needs differently
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    @h2r09 Vernon isn't anything special. At best he'll be another Koa Misi.

Just made a new draft thread.

vCash
    i love the Ansah pick of course but disagree that the "best" DEs will be off the board as i believe Ansah to be the best DE in the entire draft. that said if you feel like the "best" DEs are off the board why would you go DE.

idk why people are picking Ertz over Toilolo i really dont. for one Toilolo can block and Ertz cant and two Toilolo is the bigger receiving threat

not a fan of Poyer or Bailey but you didnt reach for either one so im fine with them picks

no thanks to Swope we dont need another slow receiver so wasted pick

Swearinger my fave S. huge steal if he makes it to the 4th i doubt he does

Mathieu wont make it out of the 2nd or at least i hope we dont let him. id risk him over taking Poyer any day

the only QBs id take in this draft assuming they all come out are Landry Jones and Logan Thomas if either of them are on the board in the 3rd because i think that would be a steal for either one or late guys with Jordan Rodgers(only bc of Aaron), and Nick Florence.

keep in mind our GM is a Baylor alumni so TW,Cyril Richardson or Nick Florence could be on our radar. Nick may be on the shorter side but he did just break RG3's single season passing yards mark and i know he must be somewhat mobile as he has over 500 yards rushing, 10 td runs and a long run of 60 to go with that record
    Just because I don't think that Ansah is better than Moore and Werner, it doesn't mean that he's not worth a look. I'm still kicking myself over not being on the JPP bandwagon, and I see enough raw athleticism in this kid to see him as the "second coming of JPP". I watched the game the other day with Ansah in it, and saw some stuff that I really liked. But he is definitely raw and will take a bit to transition to the NFL game...give him a bit of time and he could be really talented IMO. He just might be the Ansah to our RE pass-rush woes. (sorry...I'm in bed sick today; that was the Robitussin talking)

I'm not opposed to Toilolo, but I didn't know that he had officially declared. He is the "bigger" threat, but I'm not sure he's a bigger threat. Ertz isn't a great blocker, but he is a smart player that knows how to use his size. I could see him being somewhat of a "Witten-esque" safety blanket for Tannehill. We have our stud blocker in Fasano and our (hopefully) upcoming seam threat in Egnew. Ertz would be a good compliment to those two I believe. I'm also growing increasingly interested in Reed out of Florida (especially since it's being reported that Aaron Hernandez has been working with him personally)...he could be had in the third, and may be more of what this regime is looking for..."athletic" over "lumbering" TEs.

I'm still not off the Tavon Austin bandwagon, so I would happily take Austin over Bailey were we only able to land one of them. I just like the value for Bailey far more...Austin will likely be scooped up late in the first I believe. Some "rich get richer" team like Green Bay will probably snag him.

I understand the whole "slow" comment for Swope, but having watched him play throughout the year, I can honestly say that I changed my opinion. I see him more as a (slightly slower) Jordy Nelson type player than a true Devone Bess. Smart, hard-nosed, "quicker" than "fast", great route runner, automatic hands, and Tannehill chemistry. I think he could be one of the most beneficial picks in the draft for the Phins if we can pull it off.

I do really like the idea of Nick Florence at this spot. I don't think he'll ever be a star in the NFL (even though he was statistically better than RG3), but I would absolutely give him a shot to learn the game at the next level (on our bench for a few years). He reminded me a lot of Tebow in the open field, but he's likely the better passer. I believe that we need a smart/mobile QB in this offense, and he could be an absolute steal in the 7th (or UDFA).

As for Matthieu, you know as well as I do...it's not going to happen. This regime is all about character, and Honey Badger is the epitome of "questionable character" at this point. I do think he'll be a good player in the NFL (even at his small size)...but he's more apt to be a Raider than a Phin IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxDolphan26 View Post
    If we do go after one of the "big three" receivers, then I believe without a doubt that it will be Jennings. Though Wallace would be the better overall weapon in this offense (and exactly what we need as a "field stretcher"), I think Wallace stays in Pitt or goes to the highest bidder (which won't be Miami I don't believe). Jennings would be a great addition and I would still love to see him in Miami next year. But we would need to get him at "our price" and not the one that he thinks he should be getting. Hopefully his Old Spice commercials pay him enough so that we can get the "hometown" discount for him.
    How I'm feeling after today's game.

vCash
    1. i dont think Ansah is as raw as people think
    2. no clue if Toilolo is coming out but i dont think Ertz comes close to him
    3. i dont think we go after Jennings

Draft
    RD1- Barrett Jones - OL Alabama
    its becoming more and more evident to me that our OL is our biggest weakness outside of WR especially up the middle. i think we get a big name WR in the draft

RD2- Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU
    we need a player like this in our secondary. someone that is a playmaker and a face of the secondary

RD2- Markus Wheaton WR Oregon St
    a weapon for Tannehill to go with the WR we pick in free agency that adds a new wrinkle to the offense. great hands

now as much as its become evident that we need OL help in the middle its also because evident to me that we need some linebackers with some speed and im going to get it

RD3- Sean Porter OLB Texas A&M
    RD3- Kevin Reddick MLB North Carolina

RD4- Joseph Fauria TE UCLA
    idk if Toilolo is coming out but Fauria is a mismatch redzone machine. you guys talk of wanting someone Tannehill can just throw it up to and this is a guy you can

RD5- Xavier Nixon- OL Florida
    i think OL is a huge need. here is a guy that hasnt put it together yet but he has the size and upside

RD6- Rex Burkhead- RB Nebraska
    idk if he will be here but we can manuever up and down in the draft and find a way to get all the players listed above. i like this kid

RD7- Greg Reid- CB Florida St/Valdosta St
    its round 7 so the risk of his off the field issues is a non factor

Free Agency
    1. Dwayne Bowe WR Chiefs
    this is the receiver i think we will go after the most. gives us a #1 WR with jumps

2. Cameron Morrah TE Seattle
    cheap with upside athleticism

3. Evan Dietrich-Smith Guard GB or Ryan Lilja Guard Chiefs
    cheap OL option additions

4. Laron Landry S Jets
    someone to go with Mathieu to give our secondary a new look

5. Conner Barwin LB Texans
    to go with Porter and Reddick to change the look of our LB core

release Jake Long
    try to resign everyone else
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Tyrann is not a 2nd rnd pick, IMO he's lucky to get drafted late in the 4th rnd.

He's really not that great at coverage, and is undersized. I would love to draft him, but he's kind of a player without a position in the NFL. I think he could be great against the slot, but who knows.
    Last edited by AddiX; 12-30-2012 at 09:19 PM.

vCash
    1. i dont think Ansah is as raw as people think
    2. no clue if Toilolo is coming out but i dont think Ertz comes close to him
    3. i dont think we go after Jennings

Draft
    RD1- Barrett Jones - OL Alabama
    its becoming more and more evident to me that our OL is our biggest weakness outside of WR especially up the middle. i think we get a big name WR in the draft

RD2- Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU
    we need a player like this in our secondary. someone that is a playmaker and a face of the secondary

RD2- Markus Wheaton WR Oregon St
    a weapon for Tannehill to go with the WR we pick in free agency that adds a new wrinkle to the offense. great hands

now as much as its become evident that we need OL help in the middle its also because evident to me that we need some linebackers with some speed and im going to get it

RD3- Sean Porter OLB Texas A&M
    RD3- Kevin Reddick MLB North Carolina

RD4- Joseph Fauria TE UCLA
    idk if Toilolo is coming out but Fauria is a mismatch redzone machine. you guys talk of wanting someone Tannehill can just throw it up to and this is a guy you can

RD5- Xavier Nixon- OL Florida
    i think OL is a huge need. here is a guy that hasnt put it together yet but he has the size and upside

RD6- Rex Burkhead- RB Nebraska
    idk if he will be here but we can manuever up and down in the draft and find a way to get all the players listed above. i like this kid

RD7- Greg Reid- CB Florida St/Valdosta St
    its round 7 so the risk of his off the field issues is a non factor

Free Agency
    1. Dwayne Bowe WR Chiefs
    this is the receiver i think we will go after the most. gives us a #1 WR with jumps

2. Cameron Morrah TE Seattle
    cheap with upside athleticism

3. Evan Dietrich-Smith Guard GB or Ryan Lilja Guard Chiefs
    cheap OL option additions

4. Laron Landry S Jets
    someone to go with Mathieu to give our secondary a new look

5. Conner Barwin LB Texans
    to go with Porter and Reddick to change the look of our LB core

release Jake Long
    try to resign everyone else
    I would absolutely love to add Jones, and he would be perfect for this line/team. He's everything that we want in a player. But are we really going to grab a guard with the 15th overall pick? I just don't see it happening unless we trade back and grab him in the mid/late 20's. Then, I would be fine with the pick.

You're dreaming on Matthieu. Even outside of the drug/suspension stuff, he was known as a bit of a "problem child". No doubt he's a tough player and works hard on the field...but we want guys that reflect that mentality off of the field too. It's just not going to happen. He has too many question marks to be a "safe pick" in anything before the 4th IMO.

I like the Wheaton pick, but don't love it. I think he'll be a solid little weapon for someone...but I don't see him being "special" personally.

I'd like Porter, but I think he'll be gone before we pick in the 3rd round.

Toilolo is nearly one inch larger than Ertz, and is still considered the lesser of the two receivers. I've read that he has great range on paper (due to his size), but that he doesn't have the best ball skills (catching/running). We don't need another semi-blocking TE with decent catching...that's not the "safety blanket" that Tannehill needs. Fauria would be worth a look, but he's currently considered a late-round selection (6th/7th). He is a physical mismatch in the redzone, but he's slow and not NFL-ready. He too would be a project. But perhaps one worth gambling on at the right time in the draft.

As for free agency, I would like to add Landry as well. I fear his ability to stay healthy, but he has bounced back and looked solid the few times I've seen his this year in New York. I think the Jets will overhaul much of their team this offseason, but they may try to hang onto Landry.
    Last edited by Vegas_Phin1; 12-30-2012 at 09:06 PM.
    How I'm feeling after today's game.

vCash
    This years draft doesn't have a standout WR( there isn't a guy with lightning speed) or TE( someone who could block and catch). I would go after Mike Wallace and draft a WR in the 2nd--- Hunter,Wheaton,Patterson,Matthews, or Patton are all projected in the area. As far as TE, I would wait till the 5th and for Travis Kelce Cinn. Unless we took a chance on a guy like Mike Shanahan from Pitt.( 6-5/230lbs. Was recruited in basketball) or Marcus Davis Virginia Tech 6-4/240lbs and moved them over to TE.