Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 102 of 115 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1724
    vCash
    We have to draft Ryan Swope. He's perfect for our offence. He was Tannehill's go to guy in 2011. Those two have great chemistry.

Swope and Tannehill: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JCIL8U9yz0
    Skill-Set Summary: If you like Green Bay Packers receiver Jordy Nelson, then you probably will like Swope. They have a similar style and are tough on defensive backs with their quickness. Swope has decent size, but his underrated speed makes him extremely swift in and out of his breaks. His sudden quickness takes defenses by surprise. He is very dangerous after he makes a catch and is capable of taking short passes downfield for big gains. He had a number of long touchdown catches, so he has deep speed to burn secondaries.

An underrated prospect, Swope could be a nice complementary receiver in the NFL. He has starting potential as a No. 2 receiver and should be an effective wideout at the next level. Another pro comparison that some make for Swope is Wes Welker. Swope could be a slot receiver in the NFL.
    http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2013rswope.php

I would be very happy if we sign Greg Jennings and draft this guy in the 2nd round. At first I wanted us to draft Kennan Allen but I don't think we can afford to pass up on a pass rusher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    We need to build on both sides so I think if we build on the offense through FA(Espcially if it's the likes of Wallace and Finely) then I think we should use more of the early draft picks on the Defensive side of the ball. We need some solid playmakers on both sides of the ball so it doesn't seam right to just overload on offense and turn out like something close to the Saints, good offense but just god awful D.
    our defense is way better than the Saints already and i pretty much equaled out on both side with what i added.

im not ok with Swope as he is the type of receiver we already have in Hartline. Swope will be a slot guy in the NFL btw. i have Wheaton but he is a slot with speed with amazing hands that plays bigger than he is.
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by godolphins View Post
    We have to draft Ryan Swope. He's perfect for our offence. He was Tannehill's go to guy in 2011. Those two have great chemistry.

I would be very happy if we sign Greg Jennings and draft this guy in the 2nd round. At first I wanted us to draft Kennan Allen but I don't think we can afford to pass up on a pass rusher.
    im not ok with Swope as he is the type of receiver we already have in Hartline. Swope will be a slot guy in the NFL btw. i understand people want Swope for the connection but here is another connection for you to wrap your head around. WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen has gone to great lengths to showcase Austin in a similar way as he showcased Austin's evolutionary predecessor, Wes Welker (Holgorsen was Welker's wide receiver coach at Texas Tech). anyways i want Hunter lol dude is like a gazelle swift and smooth and Wheaton is my Swope.
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    im not ok with Swope as he is the type of receiver we already have in Hartline. Swope will be a slot guy in the NFL btw. i understand people want Swope for the connection but here is another connection for you to wrap your head around. WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen has gone to great lengths to showcase Austin in a similar way as he showcased Austin's evolutionary predecessor, Wes Welker (Holgorsen was Welker's wide receiver coach at Texas Tech). anyways i want Hunter lol dude is like a gazelle swift and smooth and Wheaton is my Swope.
    We need more than one slot WR. Who do we have behind Bess? Swope is a better option than Moore, Matthews and Thigpen. Jennings, Hartline, Bess and Swope would be a great WR core.

Ninja edit: And Bess will be a FA in 2014.

vCash
    If you want to talk about making our offense unbelievable then this is want we should do. They are reports saying that percy harvin and lesie frasier had an arguement about the offense and how he was being used and now they are going to try and trade him in the offseason.. Trade one if our 2nd round picks (going rate for good receiver on the trade market) for percy harvin. He is a free agent next year so he is still on his rookie contract and then sign greg jennings let hartline go and draft ryan swope in the 4th round. A Wr set of Jennings, Harvin, Bess, and Swope is one of if not the best in the NFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by USM2012 View Post
    If you want to talk about making our offense unbelievable then this is want we should do. They are reports saying that percy harvin and lesie frasier had an arguement about the offense and how he was being used and now they are going to try and trade him in the offseason.. Trade one if our 2nd round picks (going rate for good receiver on the trade market) for percy harvin. He is a free agent next year so he is still on his rookie contract and then sign greg jennings let hartline go and draft ryan swope in the 4th round. A Wr set of Jennings, Harvin, Bess, and Swope is one of if not the best in the NFL.
    Hartline is a keeper. He has great chemistry with our young QB and he's been having a great year in our WCO. He's reliable, he has great hands(only four drops) and great footwork.

I don't want us to trade for Harvin because he's a diva.

First it was this:
    A confrontation between Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress and receiver Percy Harvin grew so heated Friday afternoon that coaches and players were forced to separate them to prevent a physical exchange, according to team sources.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5776770

And now its this:
    Four NFL sources told ESPN Twin Cities' Tom Pelissero there was a "heated exchange" between Frazier and Harvin in front of Vikings players and staff members in the training room before the decision was made.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...rtedly-clashed

I doubt Philbin would want a guy like that on his team.

And worst of all, he's a Gator

vCash
    Swope may be a better option than Moore, Matthews and Thigpen but he isnt a better option than Wheaton who alot of people say will climb into the 2nd when all is said and done

i could care less one way or the other if we signed Hartline but i dont think we should and i dont want to trade for Harvin

if we want to make our offense truly unbelievable like USM said we would sign Wallace,Finley,Vollmer,resign Bush,sign Chris Johnson,trade Long for a late 1st and draft Hunter + Austin 1st round,Patterson + Lattimore 2nd,Wheaton + Logan Thomas 3rd and offer future pick + 4th to the Raiders for Heyward Bey.

WR-Wallace,Wheaton,Bess,Heyward Bey,Austin,Patterson
    TE- Finley
    RB- Johnson,Miller, Bush, Lattimore
    QB-Tannehill and Thomas

oh wait i went overboard
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    We need more than one slot WR. Who do we have behind Bess? Swope is a better option than Moore, Matthews and Thigpen. Jennings, Hartline, Bess and Swope would be a great WR core.

Ninja edit: And Bess will be a FA in 2014.
    I've come around on swope too, the first few times I watched him he looked real slow, and he wasn't very impressive.

Then inwatched some more, he's incredibly deceivng on his route running, knows when to cut, nows how to sell the fakes, and is exactly where he's expected to be at all times.

Him and tavon Austin are the reasons I think we should try and trade bess for whatever pick or olineman we cam get for him.

Matthews can also play the slot, and is probably here for the longterm, kid is pretty good and fits our system well, just needs time to adjust. With the options in this draft bess has become expendable.
    Last edited by AddiX; 12-21-2012 at 05:59 PM.

vCash

First I've heard many people say Swope is projected to go on the third day of the draft so drafting him in the 2nd is ridiculous.

And honestly to me he just looks like another version of Brian Hartline. He's good at getting you down the field but once you're in the red zone he disappears. We need people who can' score TD's and when i watch Hartline and Swope I think they can literally do the exact same things in the red zone, which isn't much.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    Swope may be a better option than Moore, Matthews and Thigpen but he isnt a better option than Wheaton who alot of people say will climb into the 2nd when all is said and done

i could care less one way or the other if we signed Hartline but i dont think we should and i dont want to trade for Harvin

if we want to make our offense truly unbelievable like USM said we would sign Wallace,Finley,Vollmer,resign Bush,sign Chris Johnson,trade Long for a late 1st and draft Hunter + Austin 1st round,Patterson + Lattimore 2nd,Wheaton + Logan Thomas 3rd and offer future pick + 4th to the Raiders for Heyward Bey.

WR-Wallace,Wheaton,Bess,Heyward Bey,Austin,Patterson
    TE- Finley
    RB- Johnson,Miller, Bush, Lattimore
    QB-Tannehill and Thomas

oh wait i went overboard
    That would be the fastest and quickest receivers ever

vCash
    Draft
    1. Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU
    2. Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU
    2. Markus Wheaton WR Oregon St
    3. Aaron Dobson WR Marshall
    3. DJ Swearinger S/CB South Carolina
    4. Andrew Jackson ILB Western Kentucky
    5. Rex Burkhead RB Nebraska
    6. Prentiss Waggner S/CB Tennessee
    7. Oline

Free Agency
    1. #1 WR
    2. Jermichael Finley
    3. #2 CB
    4. Oline
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Draft
    1. Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU
    2. Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU
    2. Markus Wheaton WR Oregon St
    3. Aaron Dobson WR Marshall
    3. DJ Swearinger S/CB South Carolina
    4. Andrew Jackson ILB Western Kentucky
    5. Rex Burkhead RB Nebraska
    6. Prentiss Waggner S/CB Tennessee
    7. Oline

Free Agency
    1. #1 WR
    2. Jermichael Finley
    3. #2 CB
    4. Oline
    Like the FA and half the Draft but the other half not a fan of.. 2 for Mathieu is a no way in hell selection, especially with this coaching staff. I think we could get better wr's in the draft at those spots then those two. Although I do like Wheaton. I just feel like there's better options there. Not a huge of Burkhead either. I'm ok with Ansah and I love Swearinger, Jackson picks.

vCash
    I really want to see who some cap casualties will be this year from other teams. There's always some really good players that get cut for financial reason.. Maybe we can scope one up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by USM2012 View Post
    Like the FA and half the Draft but the other half not a fan of.. 2 for Mathieu is a no way in hell selection, especially with this coaching staff. I think we could get better wr's in the draft at those spots then those two. Although I do like Wheaton. I just feel like there's better options there. Not a huge of Burkhead either. I'm ok with Ansah and I love Swearinger, Jackson picks.
    picked Burkhead bc he is a versatile Philbin type high character guy. im high on Wheaton and disagree that you will find better in the 2nd half of the 2nd round than him. Mathieu def isnt a Philbin guy and i dont think we will draft him because of that but i do think he goes in the 2nd. regardless if he is a Philbin guy or not i picked him bc not only is CB a need but i think Mathieu is the best player in the entire draft. really hard for me not to go WR in the 1st being its such a big need. hopefully FA can make me sleep better about it
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 12-22-2012 at 11:32 PM.
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    picked Burkhead bc he is a versatile Philbin type high character guy. im high on Wheaton and disagree that you will find better in the 2nd half of the 2nd round than him. Mathieu def isnt a Philbin guy and i dont think we will draft him because of that but i do think he goes in the 2nd. regardless if he is a Philbin guy or not i picked him bc not only is CB a need but i think Mathieu is the best player in the entire draft. really hard for me not to go WR in the 1st being its such a big need. hopefully FA can make me sleep better about it
    I agree Burkhead is a philben type guy, I just don't think he'll every do anything in the NFL. Rather take a chance on a guy like Lattimore. Whaton may be the best wr available just depends on how the draft goes, I just feel that wr are going to slip in the draft. I also think the same will happen to the de. I agree Mathieu is a superior talent but think there's no way we would touch him before something like the 4th or 5th round. Unfortuantely I doubt we touch him at all no matter where he fell. I like him a lot because he's a good returner too.