Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 113 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115 LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 1724
    vCash
    S may be the 3rd most important position on defense but its the 6th most important position of need overall

no not everyone is on the Bailey bandwagon because i am not. i dont see how his game translates very well in the NFL. i currently have him around the 10th best WR in the draft, half of which id be ok drafting in the 1st rd. if Bailey is there in the 3rd id take him.

what would you guys think if we drafted Barrett Jones in the first?
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 12-30-2012 at 12:44 AM.
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    S may be the 3rd most important position on defense but its the 6th most important position of need overall

no not everyone is on the Bailey bandwagon because i am not. i dont see how his game translates very well in the NFL. i currently have him around the 10th best WR in the draft, half of which id be ok drafting in the 1st rd. if Bailey is there in the 3rd id take him.

what would you guys think if we drafted Barrett Jones in the first?
    I'm completely against taking an offensive lineman with our first couple picks. We have the picks, we need playmakers, so let's take them.

Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

vCash
    we have free agency and the rest of the draft for playmakers. the Guard position is in the top 3 areas of need and Jones is one of the safest players in the draft while also being one of the most versatile as he can play any position on the Oline

how many diff playmakers can you see us taking in the 1st because their is only a few of them expected to go in that area

i really hope the other tight end not named Ertz comes out because i want him
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 12-30-2012 at 12:59 AM.
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    What do you guys think about Brandon Jenkins from FSU? He was projected to be a 1st round pick before getting injured in the Noles' first game. Now he's projected to be a 2nd-3rd round pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    we have free agency and the rest of the draft for playmakers. the Guard position is in the top 3 areas of need and Jones is one of the safest players in the draft while also being one of the most versatile as he can play any position on the Oline

how many diff playmakers can you see us taking in the 1st because their is only a few of them expected to go in that area
    How's that worked out for us in the past? OL and DT are the positions we should pass on early. We need immediate contributors at WR, CB, and DE; we aren't going to get those guys later in the draft.

Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by godolphins View Post
    What do you guys think about Brandon Jenkins from FSU? He was projected to be a 1st round pick before getting injured in the Noles' first game. Now he's projected to be a 2nd-3rd round pick.
    I've heard good things about him. I wouldn't be upset. He'd be a great value but I really want to take a pass rusher in the first because I don't think any of the WR's in this draft are worth a 1st round pick. There's a lot of very good WR's but no stud, even Bailey who's my favorite(I think he could be this years T.Y. Hilton). Whereas there's plenty of stud DE's and I think we could get a monster to line up with our D-line.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxDolphan26 View Post
    How's that worked out for us in the past? OL and DT are the positions we should pass on early. We need immediate contributors at WR, CB, and DE; we aren't going to get those guys later in the draft.
    i dont understand what you mean by the past unless you speak of Patrick Turner. this WR class is really good and every one of them expected to go in the 2nd is more athletic and better than him.

10+ yr pro bowl calibur on the line player that can play any position on it and likely to start at RG unless we add more to it would create huge holes for Miller and would make it so defenses dont get to Tannehill as soon as he snaps it.

their will be 5+ playmakers at WR in the 2nd round also im almost certain we are getting a free agent one. we need to help Tannehill first and foremost with weapons and protection before we worry about defense.

i only see 3 players who could be on the board when we are up worth taking in the 1st that are defense. Mathieu,Rhodes and Ansah. yes you can get WR and DE outside the first as they may be the 2 deepest positions in this draft. the CB position is the one of the 3 you need to worry about because its not deep at all. once Rhodes + Mathieu go off the board that position is dead

i also disagree about people thinking their is no stud at WR in this draft as i see 5 of them. believe it to be a very underrated group
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 12-30-2012 at 03:33 AM.
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    not a Jenkins fan

idk how Bailey is anything like Ty Hilton. he reminds me of a miniature Keenan Allen. he is too slow for his size and doesnt have the change of direction skills. this is why he isnt going as high as Austin. can he run routes sure but his speed wont get him open and he wont catch jump balls in the nfl and he cant muscle his way like Keenan can because he isnt big enough. his game today wasnt very good as he couldnt get open downfield at all.
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    he means past in the sense of us making the safe the play/pick...not drafting dez, trading back and not drafting earl thomas just to name a few...

simply not drafting playmakers when we could have based on not wanting to take a "risk" there for vying for the safe pick, not about who we picked but the problem is the player we didnt pick

make sense?(playmakers, first round guys, we arent talking rds 3-7)

vCash
    I've been mulling over a fantasy draft and figured I'd throw it out there. I know there's no way to know what will be available on draft day, but I would LOVE to see something like this:

FREE AGENCY:

Ed Reed (FS) - he may be getting up there in years, but I could see him getting a "fresh start" for the final couple/few years of his career. He could provide insight in how to become one of the best in the game for our young safeties.

Andy Levitre (OG) - is one of the most solid and consistent guards in the game. I would like to hang on to Incognito (probably more so for sentimental reasons rather than logical ones), but I would like to see Levitre/Incognito as our guards going into the season.

Brent Grimes (CB) - young corners just won't come in and make an immediate impact in most cases. He would immediately make our secondary MUCH better.

Solid RT to compete with what's currently in place. Don't have any ideas here just yet. RT will be must easier to fill, and I'm not sure that Jerry may not already be our answer at the position...he's really stepped up his game this year and now knows what this staff expects of him. I think a FART (he he he..."free agent right tackle") is just what Jerry needs to keep him up to speed.

I think we have the money to make this all happen. Though I would really like to see Jennings or Wallace in Miami next year, I don't know if either will happen. Jennings continues to be a liability due to injuries and will command a BIG payday. Wallace would be the perfect weapon for Tannehill, but I fear that he'll still be in the black and gold next year.

Ezekiel Ansah (DE) - the "best" DEs will be off the board when we pick in the 15ish range and Ansah might be a bit of a reach at this spot. But if he truly could be the next "Pierre Paul", then he could be the perfect compliment opposite of Wake.

Zach Ertz (TE) 2a - it's too early to give up on Egnew, but I'm afraid that our coaching staff just isn't feeling him. He's more of a project than they anticipated, and a Fasano/Ertz combo could keep Tannehill safe and confident with a very viable security blanket/red zone beast.

Jordan Poyer (CB) 2b - a talented and scrappy CB that has the potential to help our secondary for years to come. We will likely let Smith walk and Poyer could contribute early IMO.

Stedmon Bailey (WR) 3a - obviously, there's no way to know if he'll still be available at this spot, but he could be our answer to not signing Wallace in the off season. (could be the "2b" pick and then take best lineman available in this spot).

Ryan Swope (WR) 3b - talented, smart, and chemistry galore with Tannehill already. He could make Bess expendable, but I'd like to see both on the roster next season.

DJ Swearinger (FS) 4th - a good pass rush and solid coaching is just what DJ needs to thrive. Miami is the perfect landing spot for him given our sketchy FS play.

Malliciah Goodman (DE) 5th - things get sketchy at this point in the draft, but I thought Goodman could be nice depth to begin learning behind Ansah. we should definitely be looking for BPA at this point though.

Tyrann Mathieu (CB) 6th - I know he's about 99% sure off the board before the 6th pick in the draft, but I would absolutely give the Honey Badger a shot for a 6th. Hopefully he has grown up a bit (mentally that is) and can become a legitimate defender in the NFL. Again though, someone will roll the dice on him by the 4th IMO.

Collin Klein (QB) 7th - I was thinking about going with a kicker at this point, but with Kaeding (statistically the most accurate kicker in the game) now competing with Carpenter, I think that our kicking game will be a non-issue. Carpenter has become complacent I believe and this is just what we need to push him to greatness again (or out the door). But as for Klein, he's not ready to take the reigns...but with Tannehill a solid #1, Devlin as a "teacher's pet" at #2, then Klein could be in a position to practice and learn for a couple of years before ever being needed. The Heisman runner up could be a steal in the 7th round.

Alright, now you guys dig in a tear me a new one...I know a few of these will rub someone the wrong way.

I'm just happy that I may be able to come around here once again and get caught up on a few things...now that the season is almost over of course.
    Last edited by Vegas_Phin1; 12-30-2012 at 04:21 AM.
    Feeling much better after that Raider beat down.

vCash
    however with ^^ that being said, whos is absolutly relieved by drafting tannehill and not waiting until this season to draft a QB, teams have to be mad about the qbs that available this season....glad we arent in that predicament

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmess0311 View Post
    he means past in the sense of us making the safe the play/pick...not drafting dez, trading back and not drafting earl thomas just to name a few...

simply not drafting playmakers when we could have based on not wanting to take a "risk" there for vying for the safe pick, not about who we picked but the problem is the player we didnt pick

make sense?(playmakers, first round guys, we arent talking rds 3-7)
    im glad we passed up earl thomas. we should have drafted JPP in that draft. i didnt like earl thomas coming out and i still dont and feel like what we did was def better than getting him.

i dont think we have taken a safe pick in the first for some time except for Pouncey and that turned out fine. Long wasnt a safe pick that was the only pick. Davis def wasnt a safe pick. Tannehill not a safe pick. trading down for Odrick wasnt a safe pick that was just a stupidity pick. Ginn not a safe pick.

the only time we passed up playmakers was when we picked Pouncey but by then all of the big ones were gone and when we traded down for Odrick
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 12-30-2012 at 05:24 AM.
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_Phin1 View Post
    I've been mulling over a fantasy draft and figured I'd throw it out there. I know there's no way to know what will be available on draft day, but I would LOVE to see something like this:

FREE AGENCY:

Ed Reed (FS) - he may be getting up there in years, but I could see him getting a "fresh start" for the final couple/few years of his career. He could provide insight in how to become one of the best in the game for our young safeties.

Andy Levitre (OG) - is one of the most solid and consistent guards in the game. I would like to hang on to Incognito (probably more so for sentimental reasons rather than logical ones), but I would like to see Levitre/Incognito as our guards going into the season.

Brent Grimes (CB) - young corners just won't come in and make an immediate impact in most cases. He would immediately make our secondary MUCH better.

Solid RT to compete with what's currently in place. Don't have any ideas here just yet. RT will be must easier to fill, and I'm not sure that Jerry may not already be our answer at the position...he's really stepped up his game this year and now knows what this staff expects of him. I think a FART (he he he..."free agent right tackle") is just what Jerry needs to keep him up to speed.

I think we have the money to make this all happen. Though I would really like to see Jennings or Wallace in Miami next year, I don't know if either will happen. Jennings continues to be a liability due to injuries and will command a BIG payday. Wallace would be the perfect weapon for Tannehill, but I fear that he'll still be in the black and gold next year.

Ezekiel Ansah (DE) - the "best" DEs will be off the board when we pick in the 15ish range and Ansah might be a bit of a reach at this spot. But if he truly could be the next "Pierre Paul", then he could be the perfect compliment opposite of Wake.

Zach Ertz (TE) 2a - it's too early to give up on Egnew, but I'm afraid that our coaching staff just isn't feeling him. He's more of a project than they anticipated, and a Fasano/Ertz combo could keep Tannehill safe and confident with a very viable security blanket/red zone beast.

Jordan Poyer (CB) 2b - a talented and scrappy CB that has the potential to help our secondary for years to come. We will likely let Smith walk and Poyer could contribute early IMO.

Stedmon Bailey (WR) 3a - obviously, there's no way to know if he'll still be available at this spot, but he could be our answer to not signing Wallace in the off season. (could be the "2b" pick and then take best lineman available in this spot).

Ryan Swope (WR) 3b - talented, smart, and chemistry galore with Tannehill already. He could make Bess expendable, but I'd like to see both on the roster next season.

DJ Swearinger (FS) 4th - a good pass rush and solid coaching is just what DJ needs to thrive. Miami is the perfect landing spot for him given our sketchy FS play.

Malliciah Goodman (DE) 5th - things get sketchy at this point in the draft, but I thought Goodman could be nice depth to begin learning behind Ansah. we should definitely be looking for BPA at this point though.

Tyrann Mathieu (CB) 6th - I know he's about 99% sure off the board before the 6th pick in the draft, but I would absolutely give the Honey Badger a shot for a 6th. Hopefully he has grown up a bit (mentally that is) and can become a legitimate defender in the NFL. Again though, someone will roll the dice on him by the 4th IMO.

Collin Klein (QB) 7th - I was thinking about going with a kicker at this point, but with Kaeding (statistically the most accurate kicker in the game) now competing with Carpenter, I think that our kicking game will be a non-issue. Carpenter has become complacent I believe and this is just what we need to push him to greatness again (or out the door). But as for Klein, he's not ready to take the reigns...but with Tannehill a solid #1, Devlin as a "teacher's pet" at #2, then Klein could be in a position to practice and learn for a couple of years before ever being needed. The Heisman runner up could be a steal in the 7th round.

Alright, now you guys dig in a tear me a new one...I know a few of these will rub someone the wrong way.

I'm just happy that I may be able to come around here once again and get caught up on a few things...now that the season is almost over of course.
    i love the Ansah pick of course but disagree that the "best" DEs will be off the board as i believe Ansah to be the best DE in the entire draft. that said if you feel like the "best" DEs are off the board why would you go DE.

idk why people are picking Ertz over Toilolo i really dont. for one Toilolo can block and Ertz cant and two Toilolo is the bigger receiving threat

not a fan of Poyer or Bailey but you didnt reach for either one so im fine with them picks

no thanks to Swope we dont need another slow receiver so wasted pick

Swearinger my fave S. huge steal if he makes it to the 4th i doubt he does

Mathieu wont make it out of the 2nd or at least i hope we dont let him. id risk him over taking Poyer any day

the only QBs id take in this draft assuming they all come out are Landry Jones and Logan Thomas if either of them are on the board in the 3rd because i think that would be a steal for either one or late guys with Jordan Rodgers(only bc of Aaron), and Nick Florence.

keep in mind our GM is a Baylor alumni so TW,Cyril Richardson or Nick Florence could be on our radar. Nick may be on the shorter side but he did just break RG3's single season passing yards mark and i know he must be somewhat mobile as he has over 500 yards rushing, 10 td runs and a long run of 60 to go with that record
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 12-30-2012 at 05:23 AM.
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    really derek? yes odrick means more to our defense then earl thomas would have...umm what is 1 of the 3 things on defense that hurts us? oh yea a ball hawking saftey...instead we have odrick and we dont really know where or what to do with him, its not like hes producing...

tannehill was the only risk they have taken(ireland)...how was long not a safe pick, the only one in that top 3 that year that wasnt a sure fire pick was chris long, but he has been decent...jake long was def the safest pick outta the 3 by far

but i didnt care i loved JPP and i loved earl thomas...both would fill the holes that we currently have due to his lack of just pulling the damn trigger i think he sucks at finding talent and as a personnel guy, ballhawk and a pass rusher is whats hurting us, instead ireland traded back to gain picks bc he knew he would **** it up anyway....
    Last edited by Jmess0311; 12-30-2012 at 06:48 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmess0311 View Post
    really derek? yes odrick means more to our defense then earl thomas would have...umm what is 1 of the 3 things on defense that hurts us? oh yea a ball hawking saftey...instead we have odrick and we dont really know where or what to do with him, its not like hes producing...

tannehill was the only risk they have taken(ireland)...how was long not a safe pick, the only one in that top 3 that year that wasnt a sure fire pick was chris long, but he has been decent...jake long was def the safest pick outta the 3 by far

but i didnt care i loved JPP and i loved earl thomas...both would fill the holes that we currently have due to his lack of just pulling the damn trigger i think he sucks at finding talent and as a personnel guy, ballhawk and a pass rusher is whats hurting us, instead ireland traded back to gain picks bc he knew he would **** it up anyway....
    you cant just say Odrick you have to say Odrick + Misi. together they are more important than Thomas.

Long wasnt a safe pick because he was the only pick thats how. anybody in their right mind would have taken Long and i would take Long again

Pouncey was the safest pick

I think you overrate Thomas and overrate the need for S. is it a need yes but S hasnt hurt us this year and very few teams have 2 great safeties. CB positition is the big need. WR, pass rusher, tight end, guard, cornerback are more important needs right now than S is. if Thomas was elite id understand this more.

i loved JPP and Aldon Smith both. missing out on AJ Green and Julio Jones also sucked. i think Ansah and Hunter are on that level. i agree Barrett Jones would be a safe pick but at the same time its not like it wouldnt be a great pick. if we dont play it safe Tyrann Mathieu would be on this team next yr

you cant say he sucks at finding talent til after the 2013 offseason imo
    Take Notes Rook