Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 61 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenDolFan View Post
    We definitely need another pass rusher and cover corner. Personally I'm greedy. I want ALL the best the draft had to offer. I don't want to settle unless there is someone that has the potential to be a great player. I don't watch a lot of college ball so I can't tell which players will develop into great pros.

I'm looking so far at:

Sam Montgomery and Barkevious Mingo both from LSU, both DE/OLB
    Jarvis Jones from Georgia, OLB
    Chase Thomas from Stanford, OLB (probably the most realistic pick since I think we'll be drafting in the middle of the round, hopefully he slides in to round 2 and we get him there)
    Sean Porter from Texas A&M, OLB (again a little more realistic, hopefully in the 2nd or 3rd or maybe we double dip in the 2nd round on him and Thomas)
    Shayne Skov from Stanford, ILB/OLB (if we're going to get more rushing presence I'd like to get Chase Thomas in the 2nd round and Skov in the 3rd round; I'd prefer Montgomery/Mingo duo but that isn't going to happen even in my wettest dreams)

DeMarcus Milliner from Alabama, CB (WalterFootball thinks he's probably the best man-to-man corner in college this year)
    Xavier Rhodes from Florida State, CB (on paper I like him better than Milliner because of his size; wouldn't mind singing DRC in FA and drafting Rhodes)
    David Amerson from North Carolina State, CB (I'm only considering him because he can also play safety, he kind of scares me but he's got good size; not very high on him, maybe in the 2nd round)
    Jordan Poyer from Oregon State, CB (not sure about his man-to-man cover skills; again another 2nd rounder)
    Desmond Trufant from Washington, CB (he can also play safety, has speed to run with WRs, has to show more consistency)

Yes we need a #1 WR. The only WRs I'm considering right now are Keenan Allen/Justin Hunter/Terrance Williams in the first round.

How do I think the picks should play out? Well I think we're going to be picking somewhere in the middle. I think the WR in the first since we won't be in position to draft one of the premier DE/OLB/CB.

1. WR (Allen/Hunter/Williams) or CB (Milliner/Rhodes)

2a. if we go CB in first then WR (whatever is left of Allen/Hunter/Williams) or DE/OLB (Chase Thomas/Sean Porter) else it can also go this way

2a. if we go WR in the first then DE/OLB (Chase Thomas/Sean Porter)

2b. if we go WR with 2a then DE/OLB (Chase Thomas/Sean Porter) else CB (Poyer/Trufant/Amerson)

3a. DE/OLB (Shayne Skov) or WR (Da'Rick Rogers/Cordarrelle Patterson)

3b. basically do the opposite of 3a

I really believe that between Rhodes and Milliner that they don't make it out of the 1st round. I think the WRs will go in the tail end of the first or top of the 2nd. This in know way mean they are not 1st round talent but more about how things could shake out for them.

I think there are going to be 3 QBs going in the 1st round, Montgomery and Mingo, Jarvis Jones, 2 OTs and and OG, Rhodes and Milliner, 2 DTs, then the various others from DE/OLB and CB. This is what might push the WR down to late 1st to early 2nd. If we end up picking in the middle of the round I'd like to trade down and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd round picks.
    Chase Thomas and Sean Porter are my fave 2 OLBs that are realistic. Thomas + Porter can both play 4-3 OLB and beat out Misi

Keenan Allen is out of reach. Hunter and Woods are the only WR's id take in the first and id take Xavier Rhodes over Woods.

WR's im interested in outside the 1st are Patterson, Rodgers, Bailey and Swope. I believe all of them except for Swope will go 2nd round.

call me crazy i believe 5 QBs go in the 1st and that someone will trade from the 2nd to bottom of the 1st for one.

vCash
    im all in for Rhodes or Eifert at where i see us drafting, i read a mock draft that has us taking Warmack, although i dont think its a bad idea i think our need for playmakers on either side of the ball is higher than solidifying the line because that can be obtained through later rounds and FA

also i think we should gamble on DaRick Rodgers, very physical and has amazing hands, good fit for this offense

vCash
    man i wish we needed a running back cause i would love kenion barner but on a realistic choice its all gunna depend were our pick is cause players can drop or be taken higher
    Players MIAMI Missed On That I Suggested To Draft But didnt

Navarro Bowman
    Sean Lee
    Stefen Wisniewski
    Luke Kuechly
    Russell Wilson
    Janoris Jenkins
    Mychal Kendricks
    Larry Warford
    Marcus Lattimore
    Vontaze Burfict
    Jason Demache (only cause same hometown)

Players I HOPE we Draft

Erik Lora WR
    Terrence West RB
    Shane Skov MLB
    Taylor Lewan OT
    Ra'Shede Hagemon DT
    Darqueze Dennard CB

vCash
    not that we need a RB but if we did Le'Veon Bell would be my choice

vCash
    Resign

Bush
    Smith
    Hartline
    Starks

Sign

Bowe
    Jared Cook
    Bushrod

Draft-
    1st-Keenan Allen WR
    2nd-Dion Jordan DE
    2nd-Desmond Trufant CB
    3rd-Sean Porter OLB
    3rd-Baccarri Rambo FS
    4th-Adrian Bushell CB

vCash
    ^so you wouldn't re-sign long and you wouldn't find anyone to replace the guy? God save tannehill
    Beast from South Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfreak View Post
    Mark my words! Sanchez will win MVP and there is nothing Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or any other QB can do about it!
    Nfl-Dolphins, Nba-Hornets, Nhl-Devils, Mlb-Cardinals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    I'm not saying draft a pass rusher for the sake of it, I'm saying draft one because we absolutely need one.

And I'd you think this is such an awful idea, look at the Giants model for success. Lookwho they've beaten TWICE in the Superbowl and look what got them the wins....pass rush (along with very good QB play).
    Cut a lot of the quote down just to get to the point I was trying to make. This is probably just miscommunication. I was not saying that having a good DLine is a bad thing, the Giants example is fine but I don't think it applies to my post. I was saying that drafting a DE in the first round is not a must if we are passing on guys like Hunter to take a shot at a player like Orakpo, because I think there are plenty of guys that could be just as good as him taken later in the draft. If Montgomery is there, of course take him. I just think he will be gone, along with most of the top rushers, before we draft. The Giants DLine is not made of exclusively first rounders. There is only one first rounder of consequence on that line.

Osi-2nd round
    Tuck- 3rd round
    Joseph- 2nd round
    JPP- 1st round
    Canty- FA, but was drafted by Cowboys in 4th round.

Mostly high picks, but just saying that it isn't required to burn a first on one. I would rather have the player I think has the best shot to be elite in the first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by royalswine View Post
    Cut a lot of the quote down just to get to the point I was trying to make. This is probably just miscommunication. I was not saying that having a good DLine is a bad thing, the Giants example is fine but I don't think it applies to my post. I was saying that drafting a DE in the first round is not a must if we are passing on guys like Hunter to take a shot at a player like Orakpo, because I think there are plenty of guys that could be just as good as him taken later in the draft. If Montgomery is there, of course take him. I just think he will be gone, along with most of the top rushers, before we draft. The Giants DLine is not made of exclusively first rounders. There is only one first rounder of consequence on that line.

Osi-2nd round
    Tuck- 3rd round
    Joseph- 2nd round
    JPP- 1st round
    Canty- FA, but was drafted by Cowboys in 4th round.

Mostly high picks, but just saying that it isn't required to burn a first on one. I would rather have the player I think has the best shot to be elite in the first.
    I don't think the point was that you had to spend firsts to make your D line good...it's that a beastly line/pass rush is an apparent blueprint for success. I agree with best player available. If Hunter is the best on the board and we could land Porter in the second, then that would be fine with me. If it just so happens that Montgomery (for example) fell to us, then grab him up and start finding your WRs in the 2nd/3rd (and possibly FA). There's no doubt that a better passrush would make our secondary better...but our secondary needs to improve A LOT before next season IMO.
    Thanks again Phins1983!!!

vCash
    Just tossing it out there, do we draft an elite DE/OLB (Montgomery/Mingo) or a shutdown corner (Rhodes/Milliner)?

I'm torn on this one. I'm hoping we can snag DRC in FA and hopefully draft an elite DE/OLB. If not I think we take the BPA that fits into one of our needs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenDolFan View Post
    Just tossing it out there, do we draft an elite DE/OLB (Montgomery/Mingo) or a shutdown corner (Rhodes/Milliner)?

I'm torn on this one. I'm hoping we can snag DRC in FA and hopefully draft an elite DE/OLB. If not I think we take the BPA that fits into one of our needs.
    i think we need a shutdown corner more.

vCash
    Yeah good luck finding a shutdown corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    Yeah good luck finding a shutdown corner
    Never said it was going to be easy, but if we have a chance to get one we need it...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mckphins View Post
    ^so you wouldn't re-sign long and you wouldn't find anyone to replace the guy? God save tannehill
    Do you know who Bushrod is?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    i think we need a shutdown corner more.
    Your not getting one in this draft. CBs are by far one of the hardest potions to play coming out of college. They need a few years, to become really good.

Pass rushers translate a bit more easy, I'd rather spend the money in FA to sign a solid CB and take a Pass Rusher in the draft.

vCash
    not saying he will become a shutdown corner in the NFL but Xavier Rhodes upside is just that