Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ted Thompson

vCash

Ted Thompson

hey all,another disappointing FA day,jax going to Atlanta.I think every free agency TT should post "hey fans im going on vacation,see you at the draft" .At least we d know not to have any high hopes

vCash
    LOLZ! DERRR! HAHA GIGGLE GIGGLE!

This gets so old. It's like talking to somebody with a different language. You show them twenty years full of evidence supporting a lack of free agent signings and building through the draft equating to Super Bowl victories, and they say, "But... I want a new jersey." I'm done. Go jump on the Philly or Indy or Tampa or San Fran bandwagons.

vCash
    I guess the 96 packers didnt sign anyone via free agency right...?

vCash
    I'm glad Stephen Jackson didn't sign. I don't think he's anything we can't find through the draft... He would have brought experience, but there are some decent backs coming out.

vCash
    Personally, I don't think he isn't doing a good job. I really like TT, I'm just wondering, where is the sense of urgency? We've had a problem in the backfield for a while an most posters here have always said, our backfield fine it's not the issue... Blah, blah, blah. But it's starting to catch up, and now it should be completely obvious. I just want to see some urgency to stabalize this backfield, TT has shown he can't get it done through the draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    I'm glad Stephen Jackson didn't sign. I don't think he's anything we can't find through the draft... He would have brought experience, but there are some decent backs coming out.
    What makes you think we can though? We've tried and failed time and time again.

vCash
    LOLZ! DERRR! HAHA GIGGLE GIGGLE!

This gets so old. It's like talking to somebody with a different language. You show them twenty years full of evidence supporting a lack of free agent signings and building through the draft equating to Super Bowl victories, and they say, "But... I want a new jersey." I'm done. Go jump on the Philly or Indy or Tampa or San Fran bandwagons.

You got me wrong dude. i was basically joking for the die hard sign everyone ideas.Ive been a fan for 50 years love the build through the draft.But its kool to add a key FA once in awhile. eg reggie white,santana dotson,desmond howard,woodson,etc i was more just going for a laugh here.Jump on some other bandwagon..not in this lifetime buddy lol
    Last edited by Ron K.; 03-14-2013 at 05:47 PM. Reason: want to delete it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by claymaker52 View Post
    I guess the 96 packers didnt sign anyone via free agency right...?
    Only Desmond Howard the superbowl MVP

vCash
    To be fair, in my mind, free agency was a different animal back in the mid 90s. Back then, very good players made it to free agency and a little bit better price.

The way I look at it now, the best players don't get to free agency unless they are overage. I don't know why I get into arguments like this, but TT's strategy really isn't as bad as people think. For once, I want someone to take the time to go back and look at the free agents that everyone on here was so adamant about signing. Lets look at some examples I can think of. One was the Chris Canty and Igor Olshansky. Both players were cut prior to their contracts expiring because they didn't live up to the deal. We wanted Cullen Jenkins back. He also was cut for not living up to his contract. We clamored for getting Nnamdi Asomugha, who also was cut for not living up to his contract. If you look at the last five years or so of free agency, I would have to guess that the vast majority of contracts, especially on the higher end free agents, have not really panned out all that well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmoney8587 View Post
    Only Desmond Howard the superbowl MVP
    And who was Desmond Howard before he signed with the Packers? He was a nobody. One punt return for a touchdown, zero kick returns for touchdowns before he signed with the Packers. He would be the equivalent of signing Steffan Logan today. Heck, he was less than the equivalent of Logan. But go ahead and continue to try to find the worst, tiniest and most inconsequential holes in my argument. Still, I will pose a challenge to you. Name three pro bowl players that have signed with or been traded to a team that went on to win a Super Bowl that year in the past ten years. Name one all-pro free agent signing to do that in the past ten years. Remember, they had to be pro bowl or all pro before they signed. I bet you can't find one.

If the Packers didn't have the best QB in the league, if they didn't have promising youth on both sides of the ball, and if they didn't have a core group of players that has already won the Super Bowl, yeah. Sign some free agents that will help turn it around and win a Super Bowl in a year or two. But the Packers are ready to win now through the core they have already, role players that could be signed and draft picks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    To be fair, in my mind, free agency was a different animal back in the mid 90s. Back then, very good players made it to free agency and a little bit better price.

The way I look at it now, the best players don't get to free agency unless they are overage. I don't know why I get into arguments like this, but TT's strategy really isn't as bad as people think. For once, I want someone to take the time to go back and look at the free agents that everyone on here was so adamant about signing. Lets look at some examples I can think of. One was the Chris Canty and Igor Olshansky. Both players were cut prior to their contracts expiring because they didn't live up to the deal. We wanted Cullen Jenkins back. He also was cut for not living up to his contract. We clamored for getting Nnamdi Asomugha, who also was cut for not living up to his contract. If you look at the last five years or so of free agency, I would have to guess that the vast majority of contracts, especially on the higher end free agents, have not really panned out all that well.
    Don't forget to mention the great Randy Moss signing. Sure, he made for a hell of a regular season, but no Super Bowl victory. Twice. And Tony Gonzalez. And Marshawn Lynch. And Nnamdi. Their fingers are loaded with rings.

vCash
    FA isn't over yet and the draft hasn't come and gone so i really don't get all the hate for TT. Let the man do his thang. If we go into next season with the same team, minus the players we lost in FA, then i might raise an eye brow.
    My 2014 Adopted Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tongue-Splitter View Post
    And who was Desmond Howard before he signed with the Packers? He was a nobody. One punt return for a touchdown, zero kick returns for touchdowns before he signed with the Packers. He would be the equivalent of signing Steffan Logan today. Heck, he was less than the equivalent of Logan. But go ahead and continue to try to find the worst, tiniest and most inconsequential holes in my argument. Still, I will pose a challenge to you. Name three pro bowl players that have signed with or been traded to a team that went on to win a Super Bowl that year in the past ten years. Name one all-pro free agent signing to do that in the past ten years. Remember, they had to be pro bowl or all pro before they signed. I bet you can't find one.

If the Packers didn't have the best QB in the league, if they didn't have promising youth on both sides of the ball, and if they didn't have a core group of players that has already won the Super Bowl, yeah. Sign some free agents that will help turn it around and win a Super Bowl in a year or two. But the Packers are ready to win now through the core they have already, role players that could be signed and draft picks.

I got 2 so far

2002-03 FB mike Alstott resigned won superbowl

2006-07 Adam Vinetari - won superbowl

Listen I was just saying he was a impact FA that year for us. I'm not disagreeing with your point

vCash
    I love the article that said the Packers suspected all along the Jackson reps was driving up the price and his reps were only using TT to drive up the price)))))))))))))))))))))))) I have heard it all now... TT like the mad hatter driving himself crazy.
    ~
    He signed a 3 year 12 million dollar deal with 4 mil guaranteed 4 mill a year and such a small guarantee you could give him the 4 mill up front and if he does not produce your off the hook
    ~
    Why is it when we lost out someone writes we suspected price driving lol.. All Agents are out to get what they can for there clients))))))))))))))) LOL TT knew all along)) WTF...

vCash
    [QUOTE=Tongue-Splitter;25639986] Name one all-pro free agent signing to do that in the past ten years. Remember, they had to be pro bowl or all pro before they signed. I bet you can't find one.

QUOTE]

Not that I disagree with you, but you did challenge us, and I love a good challenge. Not saying I agree 100% though.

Keenan Mccardell-2002 TB
    Rodney Harrison- 2003 NE
    Corey Dillon- 2004 NE
    Adam Vinatieri- 2006 Indy
    Darren Sharper, Roderick Coleman- 2009 N.O.
    Corey Graham- 2012 Baltimore
    Anything short of the championship is complete failure

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast