Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Hammond's last stand? Conference call.....

IS this year a make it break it year for Hammond? I personally would like to think it is. Especially seeing he offerd Ilyasova a 5 year deal. What are your thoughts? IF they end in the lottery again, does he get the boot?
    Last edited by MILLERHIGHLIFE; 07-28-2012 at 10:05 AM.

vCash
    You've got to give him credit for constantly making moves and trying to improve the team. Unfortunately most of those offseason moves with veterans never really panned out and improved the team. But he still was constantly trying to. Trying is useless though unless it turns into success, with Hammonds position. I like the Monta ellis trade and am a bit happy with our Draft..and hopefully Dalembert can still do something, so I think we will be at least the 8th seed this season. If we're in the same exact position as we have been though (9th, 10th, 11th in the East, maybe even just barely the 8th seed) then I wouldn't be surprised if the team blew up, and we get a whole new FO and staff, again.

EDIT: I give Hammond way more credit and have more respect for him than Harris. The East is getting to be more talented, so if we had Harris as GM still we would probably be bottom five in the conference every season.
    Last edited by BlinkManJan02; 07-04-2012 at 07:43 PM.

vCash
    If no playoffs then he's toast. Same goes for Skiles. We probably let Skiles walk after this season. Hard to say.

vCash
    I'm going to go off this Hammond's Last Stand thing and ask, what do you guys think Hammond's vision for this team is?

I honestly really don't know what the vision for the team is. Does he plan on signing Ellis long term? My guess would be yes since we haven't really done anything to fill in for him when he's gone unless you really think Lamb is going to be a good starting caliber guard.

I also don't know what his vision is at the PF/C positions. Does he view one of Henson, Sanders or Udoh as a center? Is he not very high on Udoh, since he drafted another PF and allegedly made an offer to Ersan? I'm very confused by what's going on. It almost seems as if the team has no real future plan, and we aren't really good enough to be in win now mode, so I really would like to know what's going through Hammond's head. And I don't really mean that in a bad way either, I know it'll never happen, but I really think it'd be cool to sit down and pick his brain a bit about these topics because I'm not really seeing his vision here.

vCash
    Christ I hope so. Hopefully it's Hammond, Skiles, and Kohl's last stand. This team will be nothing more then a bottom feeder with these three at the helm.
    [CENTER[IMG]http://static.rogerebert.com/redactor_assets/pictures/scanners/moonrise-kingdom-wes-andersons-miniatures/mkwhatbird-thumb-510x275-49306.jpg[/CENTER]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlinkManJan02 View Post
    You've got to give him credit for constantly making moves and trying to improve the team. Unfortunately most of those offseason moves with veterans never really panned out and improved the team. But he still was constantly trying to. Trying is useless though unless it turns into success, with Hammonds position. I like the Monta ellis trade and am a bit happy with our Draft..and hopefully Dalembert can still do something, so I think we will be at least the 8th seed this season. If we're in the same exact position as we have been though (9th, 10th, 11th in the East, maybe even just barely the 8th seed) then I wouldn't be surprised if the team blew up, and we get a whole new FO and staff, again.

EDIT: I give Hammond way more credit and have more respect for him than Harris. The East is getting to be more talented, so if we had Harris as GM still we would probably be bottom five in the conference every season.
    What's the point? Blowing up the team is inevitable.
    [CENTER[IMG]http://static.rogerebert.com/redactor_assets/pictures/scanners/moonrise-kingdom-wes-andersons-miniatures/mkwhatbird-thumb-510x275-49306.jpg[/CENTER]

vCash
    OC with some more blind insight. Thanks buddy lol.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Tough to say really. If it were me and we didn't make the playoffs I'd get rid of Skiles, just because for me like Blink said earlier, Hammond has, regardless of how you view his moves, at the very least made moves to try and improve this team.

Now some haven't worked out so well, and some have that the way free agents and trades work.

Nonetheless I think he has done a decent job drafting and building this team's core.

vCash
    Crew- To be honest with you about the vision thing, I am at a hault right now as well because I just don't know.

If we do resign Ellis, does that then make this Ellis' team. or are we trying to make Jennings the face.

My guess is he wants to keep Ellis, just because he brings highlight plays, and lets be honest the Bucks needs a guy like that, unless Jennings wants to start picking it up. I personally don't like signing him long term, I think it limits what we do defensively but hey what do i know right?

More I think about it the more I know Lamb isn't the answer for the starting 2 position. Right now that might be our most needed position, just so we know what we have for the future.

Honestly about the F/C thing, that a tough one as well however I will say this. I do think that Hammond view Sanders as more of a center then a forward which is fine with me.

And I really don't think offering up that contract to Ersan means anything about Udoh, I just think Hammond feels we need as much offense to go with our awesome defense this year. Give us a little balance, even though I'd hate it.

vCash
    Jennings isn't a super star. So he shouldn't be the face of the franchise. Have to go by like how Robinson,Allen,Cassell as a package deal.

vCash
    Hammond mentioned that he does want to resign both ellis and jennings so i think that he wants more a small, athletic, running team. I am baffled by the decisions about bigs though. I feel like he's saving up for the coming PF apocalypse. A question that I would like to pose is whether or not Hammond and Skiles have the same vision for the team?

vCash
    Honestly, I think Senator Kohl is partially to blame. He's putting so much pressure on Hammond to put a winning team on the floor that it's not giving Hammond the opportunity to rebuild. Senator Kohl knows if we keep losing, less and less are fans are going to attend games, which will have a negative ripple effect towards a new arena. Hammond is a great GM. Look at what he's been able to do with what he's inherited from Harris. Get rid of their bad contracts and providing financial flexibility next year. I really think if Kohl gives the Bucks' front office the freedom and patience it needs, it could really pay dividends down the road.

Unfortunately, it's not going to happen. Kohl is under too much pressure to put a playoff team on the floor. I'm assuming Hammond and Skiles will be gone by next year, if we end up missing the playoffs.

vCash
    I'm also kind of confused by what our overall strategy really is too. It seems like we make trades and FA moves that are win now moves. But then we draft high upside project players. I look at the last two drafts as the perfect example. We sign Gooden and Salmons to contracts in win now moves, but draft Sanders, who needs a lot of seasoning and is a future project player. Same last year when we took Harris, an upside guy over Brooks, who was more seasoned and ready to contribute right away. Its stuff like that that confuses me. You'd think that we would pick a strategy, like build for the future or win now and go all in with it instead of seemingly being stuck between both strategies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post
    OC with some more blind insight. Thanks buddy lol.
    Speaking the truth sir

vCash
    Anyone else catch the Hammond conference call at 12:30pm today? Mentions there in discussion to extend Jennings and Ellis. They love Moute as top 5 defender in league. Mention our young guys as in Harris,Henson,lamb played well and expected to force their way in for minutes.

Didn't mention much about Gooden. Caller asked if Delfino is back or not. Hammond pretty much said he's gone. Also asked if any more moves? Hammond said we might sign a player or trade for a player yet. Since we have 13 under contract and can have 15 players. Caller asked about log jam at pf. Hammond said we going into the season most likely with all of them.

Some will be playing back up center as well. Included Henson depending on opposing center. Dunleavy comfortable coming off the bench. So that leave Moute and Harris to fight for starting spot at sf. Hammond thinks most of the chemistry issues are cleared up. New building is on the radar down the road after the next new lease. Also a caller suggest we should build like Thunder through draft. Hammond wants to but its Kohl's doings for win now mode.

Mentioned he wouldn't mind a back up center. But if can't get one through a trade or free agent. Then just use a pf as a back up center. Seems like the main plan is Moute as starting sf and Dunleavy getting back up sf minutes and Harris gets whats left. Also with Moute and Dalembert on the floor which lead with Jennings and Ellis and a pf getting most of the shots.

That's pretty much what I all got out of this. Anyone else tune in on this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast