Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Hah cant tell if that was super sarcasm...

I dont mind those two on the top line. Koivu is a set up man first and I really believe Parise is too. So Heatley can just worry about getting space and shooting. Seto uses his body well so he brings a little physical edge to two playmakers. He also likes to shoot first. I like Seto and think he just had an off year so lets see. I think our third line is really top 5 in the league. Grit and offense. Then the bottom line any can play the PK and all are natural centers.

Still worried about the D and how young they are though.

Btw I take back my comment on the wolves. If Roy has some knees back and we get Batum somehow we might be in
    Last edited by pidg88; 07-05-2012 at 11:53 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Putting two gunners like Heatley and Parise on the same line can be risky, but hopefully Koivu would do a lot of creating for them...I would rather split the two up, and have more balance between our 1st and 2nd line.
    Agreed. You can't have 3 snipers on one line.

vCash
    Koivu is not a sniper by any means, much more pass first. I really think Parise is too. When Heatley was in Ott scoring 50 goals he had Spezza and Alfie, very comparable to Koivu and Parise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Koivu is not a sniper by any means, much more pass first. I really think Parise is too. When Heatley was in Ott scoring 50 goals he had Spezza and Alfie, very comparable to Koivu and Parise.
    I'm not saying Koivu is. I'm saying it's good to have him on a line with Parise and possibly Heatley so he can create for them.

vCash
    Oh alright haha must have misunderstood

vCash
    i wasnt being sarcastic pidg

vCash
    Haha alright, language barrier I dont get sarcasm all the time so I ask....

The more I think about our position, and I hope nobody takes this the wrong way because its great that our prospects will finally have to earn a spot instead of it being given, but I would really like us to move a forward for a older defender. Im talking like a 29-30 year old shut down D that has a nice cap hit. I really think that is the next step (now im just being picky)

vCash

Right on pidg

I think it does two things. 1 the prospects won't be rushed to the big club in any way shape or form. with the only possible "rush" being Granlund and Coyle... (I'm ok with that for sure)
    the #2 is that all of the current Roster players almost to a man have at least 1 AHL level player nipping on their heels trying to make it into the big club.

I've also heard on todays intro presser for Parise and Suter that the Top D pairing will be Suter and Spurgeon. Leaving likely Gilbert and Scandella on the 2nd line..

I think it will be very intersting to see what happens with Powe Clutter and Bulmer..

Bulmer almost stuck with the club last year and he is much the same player as Clutter.. Does this put any of them on the block?

Clutter has to have a high trade value right now, but i'm not sure I'd want to play against him if he was ticked at us any time in the future. Seems like the kind of guy who could hold a grudge and hold it well!! Plus I like him on the team A LOT..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg1 View Post
    I think it does two things. 1 the prospects won't be rushed to the big club in any way shape or form. with the only possible "rush" being Granlund and Coyle... (I'm ok with that for sure)
    the #2 is that all of the current Roster players almost to a man have at least 1 AHL level player nipping on their heels trying to make it into the big club.

I've also heard on todays intro presser for Parise and Suter that the Top D pairing will be Suter and Spurgeon. Leaving likely Gilbert and Scandella on the 2nd line..

I think it will be very intersting to see what happens with Powe Clutter and Bulmer..

Bulmer almost stuck with the club last year and he is much the same player as Clutter.. Does this put any of them on the block?

Clutter has to have a high trade value right now, but i'm not sure I'd want to play against him if he was ticked at us any time in the future. Seems like the kind of guy who could hold a grudge and hold it well!! Plus I like him on the team A LOT..
    Then Scandella is about to get a whole lot better. Excellent.
    \

vCash
    line #1 parise / koivu / granlund; line #2 seto / brodz / heatr; line#3 mitchell / cullen / clutterbuck; line#4 powe / konopka / ??

vCash
    What about Bouchard?

vCash
    Top line has been confirmed by Yeo gonna be to start Parise-Koivu-Heater...The organization has also said they want Granlund at Center at least to start and have all but guaranteed he will be the starting 2nd line center. Bouchard unfortunately needs to get healthy first then he is an exceptional 2nd liner.

The fricken best part about the Parise signing is that Bouchard and Seto get to play their true roles on the second line where they are phenomenal 2nd line players. Just for years we have been asking PMB and last year asking Seto to be top guys when they are better as supporting scorers. Man im excited

vCash
    i dont like pmb, he has made 4.1 mill per year for maybe 5 yrs & his BEST season 20G & 37A paired w rolston. not worth the money imo. i hope we trade him to OTT or MTL. for anything , just to save cap space.
    Last edited by DANOZ28; 07-28-2012 at 02:38 PM.

vCash
    Eh 50 pts aint bad for ~4 mil...Just ask Buffalo and Ville Leino. He just needs to stay healthy. In his defense he has always been asked to play a larger role then what he should be. We finally have the depth to slot people where they belong.

Plus we dont really need cap space right now...Does nothing for us.

vCash
    I just think hes been a bust for a 8th first round pick. hes played 7 seasons with the wild and only once scored 20G. please make your case for why hes worth it. thx ps in a year or 2 we will need several roster spots open for all the hot prospects.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast