Parise - Koivu - Seto
    Heatley - Cullen - PMB
    Clutterbuck - Granlund - Brodziak
    Coyle - Konopka - Kassian

Scandella - Suter
    Prosser - Gilbert
    Cuma - Stoner

vCash
    I could see Clutterbuck playing a lot with Kassian and Konopka too...that lineup would be mean.

I know Brodziak traditionally plays center, but I didnt know where else to put him. He is too good to just be left off the roster, and he isnt really a 4th line guy either...maybe he and Granlund can play on the same line...Granlund would maybe be the wing though, and Brodziak the center.

the talent we have looks deep now...I think we still need to see some improvements on D. Hopefully someone like Scandella or Cuma can step up.

Other players who may get time, but may be a little more inconsistent with their time, includes Bullmer, Veilleux, Mitchell, Powe, Phillips

...any word on Brodin? when can he come over?

vCash
    I am hearing Brodin may make the club and will have every opportunity to do so.

vCash
    Its so sweet to get Parise and Suter, and then to be able to watch them grow with our blue chip prospects like Granlund, Brodin, Coyle, and maybe even throw Dumba in there is going to be very fun...not to mention that our current best player, Koivu has 8 years left on his deal.

vCash
    It sure is nice to land two superstars to go with our developing youth. It WILL be exciting!!

vCash
    Switch Granlund and Cullen, he needs top 6 minutes or no use having him up. Also Coyle should be in AHL now with Powe/Mitchell on the 4th line right wings and Kassian and Bulmer as extras

vCash
    Kassian/Konopka/Clutterbuck is a lot of fun to think about.

If someone goes dirty on Heatley, Koivu or Parise...watch out for those 3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Kassian/Konopka/Clutterbuck is a lot of fun to think about.

If someone goes dirty on Heatley, Koivu or Parise...watch out for those 3.
    I'd buy that PPV.

vCash
    Oh also Brodin will be over next year, if he makes the team he will stay otherwise he will return across the pond.

vCash
    I think Torrey Mitchell will be a 3rd line winger

vCash
    Im going to try my best at a line up...hard because we have lots of new players and just players period

Parise-Koivu-Heatley
    PMB-Granlund-Seto
    Cullen-Brodziak-Clutterbuck
    Powe-Konopka-Mitchell
    Kassian, Velliuex

Suter-Gilbert
    Prosser-Spurgeon
    Scandella-Stoner
    Cuma, Falk

Our first line is now really good. Heatley can play the right side and with having two legit playmakers we could hopefully see at least 30+. Setoguchi gets some pressure taken off him and gets moved to the second unit where he belongs. His speed and PMB's will work well with Granlund. Im just afraid of that being a small line. Cullen, Brod and Clutter make a very good 3rd line. Cullen played wing MUCH of last season and can easily shift over to the left keep Brod and Clutter in their positions. I hate puttong Mitchell on the bottom line but I just dont think he is better then anyone on the third line. But that line now has 3 natural C's, talk about should being able to win most faceoffs. Kassian and Vel make good additions for antagonists and grit if we need it.

I still am worried about our D. Top pairing with a righty and lefty is solid. Spurgeon was probably our best D last year (you skipped him Purple?). He was averaging something like 24 minutes? He just needs to put up more points. Scandella can move up in the lineup depending on how much he has improved, I see him being a future #2 or 3 just not yet.

Solid lineup, just a little concerned about the backend...Its really up to the youngsters how well we succeed next year.

vCash
    Putting two gunners like Heatley and Parise on the same line can be risky, but hopefully Koivu would do a lot of creating for them...I would rather split the two up, and have more balance between our 1st and 2nd line.

vCash
    Russo put one up on a blog earlier i'll see if i can find it later

vCash
    Here is Russo's

Left wing-Center-Right wing

First line: Zach Parise-Mikko Koivu-Dany Heatley
    Second line: Devin Setoguchi -Mikael Granlund-Pierre-Marc Bouchard
    Third line: Matt Cullen-Kyle Brodziak-Cal Clutterbuck
    Fourth line: Darroll Powe-Zenon Konopka- Torrey Mitchell
    Extra: Matt Kassian
    Potential other extra: XXXXXX

First pair: Ryan Suter-Tom Gilbert
    Second pair: Marco Scandella-Jared Spurgeon
    Third pair: Clayton Stoner-Nate Prosser
    Extra: Justin Falk
    Potential other extra: XXXXXX

Besides switching Seto and PMB sides L and R and switching Scandella and Prosser I was almost perfect with Russo!

vCash
    haha, nice work pidg...not that Russo will be right for sure, but he knows more about this stuff than all of us, and as time keeps going by on PSD, its becoming more clear that you know more about hockey than most of the posters here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast