Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    If that's true than what's the point of front loading? Why not just pay them 7.5 a year for 13 years?
    the players get there money up front and most of the players plan to be retired or not in league by end of contract so they add a few years at like 1 million to lower cap hit
    find some discipline and work ethic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    dumb...is that only for front loaded contracts, or all contracts?
    all contracts are that way total money divided by years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by t2a2e9j12 View Post
    all contracts are that way total money divided by years
    Do you have a link to that information? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

It just doesn't seem to make any sense to me so have it that way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJamesNaismith View Post
    Oops... you're right... he's worth $98 Million... he's the best defenseman in the league.

Ask Chicago about signing Brian Campbell as a UFA, or the Leafs about signing Mike Komisarek as a UFA. This will not be a good deal.
    Hey your a ****ing idiot...Not only did you get your stats wrong while your jealous *** missed out. I bet if your team (whoever the **** that is) signed him you wouldnt be saying that. Ask anyone who knows hockey, Suter is prolly top 10 to 5. But obviously you dont know **** about hockey...So stfu you trolling bastard and go back to your ****** team.

vCash
    Now off the rant...We hopefully will be a 6-8 playoff seed next year. We still need to add a D, hopefully a good vet to help the young guys.

vCash
    NHL forum for all the "great NHL minds" for laughs. If they aren't jealous I don't know what their problem is.

Front runner fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    Do you have a link to that information? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

It just doesn't seem to make any sense to me so have it that way.

The NHL Salary Cap Explained - Basic Rules of the NHL Salary Cap

proicehockey.about.com/od/learnthegame/a/nhl_salary_cap.htm

In plain language, here's how the NHL salary cap works.

vCash
    hope that helps and works

vCash
    The NHL Salary Cap Explained - Basic Rules of the NHL Salary Cap

proicehockey.about.com/od/learnthegame/a/nhl_salary_cap.htm

In plain language, here's how the NHL salary cap works.
    Just 2 fyi's for ya.

1.) The cap hit is the amount of salary incurred in a given period meaning that near the end of their contracts they will not incur the full amount of 7.5 mil in lost cap.

2.) With the collective bargaining agreement coming up the NHL has said it wants to create an amnesty like agreement but slightly different, the team can choose any player currently on roster to not count against their cap for the rest of their contract. So basically you could have a player and pay them but it wouldn't count against the cap. Well we know where that would be going for the Wild.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    Just 2 fyi's for ya.

1.) The cap hit is the amount of salary incurred in a given period meaning that near the end of their contracts they will not incur the full amount of 7.5 mil in lost cap.

2.) With the collective bargaining agreement coming up the NHL has said it wants to create an amnesty like agreement but slightly different, the team can choose any player currently on roster to not count against their cap for the rest of their contract. So basically you could have a player and pay them but it wouldn't count against the cap. Well we know where that would be going for the Wild.
    thae first part is for players that sign a multi year contract after the age of 35

the second is rumor yes but it has also been rumored as a pecentage buy out where a team pays player a percentage of contract and that player becomes a free agent but his buyout amount is not counted against the cap

vCash
    or you good be reffering to this in point number one

•As of September, 2010, new rules apply to any contract that runs longer than four years and extends beyond the player's 41st birthday.
    •The cap hit will be the average salary every season in the contract up to the year after the player turns 41.
    •In subsequent seasons, the actual salary for that season will be the player's cap hit.
    •If any three years of the deal average more than $5.75 million, then none of years from ages 36 to 40 will have a cap hit of less than $1 million.

vCash
    other wise parise and suter would have cap hits of like 12 to 13 million over the next few years making it almost impossible to have any one else on roster of any worth or complete full roster

vCash
    or you good be reffering to this in point number one

•As of September, 2010, new rules apply to any contract that runs longer than four years and extends beyond the player's 41st birthday.
    •The cap hit will be the average salary every season in the contract up to the year after the player turns 41.
    •In subsequent seasons, the actual salary for that season will be the player's cap hit.
    •If any three years of the deal average more than $5.75 million, then none of years from ages 36 to 40 will have a cap hit of less than $1 million.
    I was referring to this, thank you for posting this in the forum for others who don't understand the NHL salary cap system as well! On a side note, are you a Wild fan?

vCash
    For anyone who is not familiar with Parise here is a highlight video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsfgqiv4K08

I am a big time Wild fan, but used to live in NJ so I have always followed the Devils and have been intrigued by Parise and was cheering for him in the cup!

vCash
    I am a pens fan since the very early 80s but love hockey and to see it thrive in all places but after pens wild would be at the top of list for west

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast