Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJamesNaismith View Post
    Oops... you're right... he's worth $98 Million... he's the best defenseman in the league.

Ask Chicago about signing Brian Campbell as a UFA, or the Leafs about signing Mike Komisarek as a UFA. This will not be a good deal.
    didn't know defenseman had to
    Score to be effective

vCash
    Sounds like a good day to renew my interest in hockey lol
    The Future of The Jacksonville Jaguars
    Duuuuuuuvvvvaaaaaaaalllll

vCash
    hockey is back in minnesota.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Foley View Post
    hockey is back in minnesota.
    hockey never left...we had just got tired of mediocrity with our professional, and main collegiate team...we still continued to pump out NHL talent from our highschool programs though.

vCash

vCash
    great day for wild gonna be exciting couple years for them end of those contracts might hurt but hey thats along way down the road fun ten years till then. ya they over paid for them but nothing other teams werent offering every team over pays for free agents. concrats wild good to see hockey alive and well in minny

ps pens still gonna whoop ya but it will be fun
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    Parise and Suter contracts both structured as follows: $12m, $12m, $11m, $9m, $9m, $9m, $9m, $9m, $8m, $6m, $2M, $1m, $1m. Average $7.5m

that is how the contract is constructed...so, if you perceive the contract to be good for 10 years, which you said it should be, then they will be getting paid a total of 4 mill for their last 3 years, which even for a declining player, should be a bargain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Parise and Suter contracts both structured as follows: $12m, $12m, $11m, $9m, $9m, $9m, $9m, $9m, $8m, $6m, $2M, $1m, $1m. Average $7.5m

that is how the contract is constructed...so, if you perceive the contract to be good for 10 years, which you said it should be, then they will be getting paid a total of 4 mill for their last 3 years, which even for a declining player, should be a bargain.
    yes but the cap hit will still be 7.5 million thats what will hurt should of said it better
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by t2a2e9j12 View Post
    yes but the cap hit will still be 7.5 million thats what will hurt should of said it better
    wait, how does that work? the cap hit every year is still 7.5 mill, no matter how much they make?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    wait, how does that work? the cap hit every year is still 7.5 mill, no matter how much they make?
    they take total contract and divide by total years so say 80 million over 10 years is a cap hit of 8 million a year no matter if they get paid 1 million or 79 million in actual year
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    bonuses for what ever they are go on to next year. so bonusfor winning con smythe go against next years cap
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    dumb...is that only for front loaded contracts, or all contracts?

vCash
    I am so exctied, Suter can mentor Dumba, Brodin, Falk and Scandella. Koviu and Parise are going to work well together. We have some awesome fowards coming up. Granlund Coyle, Zucker, Larson.

After next year we will have Heatley's 7 Million cap space and Backstroms 6 million cap, we should be able to attract some FA's next year (shea weber) ROFL! Regardless I am super pumped about these 2. Time to get a Parise Jeresy!!!!!!!!!!
    \

vCash
    Heatley 7 mill, Backstrom 6 mill, PMB 4 mill, Cullen 3.5 mill...those are the players on our current roster that are due to be free agents next off season. I would like to get PMB back on a more reasonable contract...I wouldnt mind Heatley back either at like 4 mill. Backstrom and Cullen are expendable with Harding and Granlund stepping in for them. We should be able to make a run at another big name free agent next year...Corey Perry anyone? Jarome Iginla?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by t2a2e9j12 View Post
    they take total contract and divide by total years so say 80 million over 10 years is a cap hit of 8 million a year no matter if they get paid 1 million or 79 million in actual year
    If that's true than what's the point of front loading? Why not just pay them 7.5 a year for 13 years?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast