Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Parise would be a fit in Toronto? no **** he'd fit in anywhere. If he can fit on a stacked pens team then why wouldn't he fit here?

Leafs won't show any interest in Parise but they will trade assets for "lesser" players like Nash and Ryan?
    Actually with the numbers floating around about Praise I don't want any part of him... 8-9 mil a year? 12 years/100 mil? No thank you.... not at all... I'd rather have Nash (seriously).

As for the Leafs, we're certainly not much better than last year right now but the offseason just started. If we go into the season with the exact same team as we have now then I'll be very disappointed. If we manage to make a few trades and fix up our roster than Ill have some hope for a playoff spot this season. We do have some nice, young players.... JVR, Kessel, Lupul, just to name a few. Edmonton is clearly in good shape because they had 3 first overall draft picks. You give that to ANY team in the league and they would end up being good over time. Anyone else remember when the Penguins SUCKED? Pre-Crosby/Malkin?

Gibbons reaction to the Adam Lind trade

Have an opening in my Head to Head Fantasy Baseball league (dynasty). Please PM me if interested or want to see available rosters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ktownguy31 View Post
    I think so..or hes an oilers fan
    Ryan "Nugget" Hopkins...I don't think so

vCash
    First of all this is not a spelling bee. Second of all im trying to point out that the Leafs should spend more through free agency and not trades as if you were reading the article I clearly emphasized how you would need to give up a boat load of prospects for a star player. Like really i thought when i posted this article it would bring a relevant discussion of the flaws of the GM and upper management strategy to turn this team into a contender.

vCash
    Actually a lot fans hate when you dont spell a players name correctly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ankit View Post
    First of all this is not a spelling bee. Second of all im trying to point out that the Leafs should spend more through free agency and not trades as if you were reading the article I clearly emphasized how you would need to give up a boat load of prospects for a star player. Like really i thought when i posted this article it would bring a relevant discussion of the flaws of the GM and upper management strategy to turn this team into a contender.
    you sir need to talk to a wise man named Lavy. He will tell you a great tale about the legend of Burkie and the overpayments...

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    you sir need to talk to a wise man named Lavy. He will tell you a great tale about the legend of Burkie and the overpayments...
    You are a troll

vCash
    Honestly how are we ever going to compete with burkie... I hate overspending in free agency just like the next guy but how will we ever sign a top tier free agent when we refuse to sign anyone to a long term big contract?

I hate these stupid long 100m/13 year deals but you sort of need these type of players to compete these days.... #mad

Leafs, Raps, Jays, and Bills fan!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by faridk89 View Post
    Honestly how are we ever going to compete with burkie... I hate overspending in free agency just like the next guy but how will we ever sign a top tier free agent when we refuse to sign anyone to a long term big contract?

I hate these stupid long 100m/13 year deals but you sort of need these type of players to compete these days.... #mad
    Really? I think those deals are awful ...

I mean, everyone's *****ing because we don't want to take on Lou's contract, but when the deal was signed he was an elite goaltender - one of the best in the game. Now the Leafs are viewing him as an "ok, we'll take him" kinda thing BECAUSE of that contract.

What happens if Praise just falls off the wagon and scores 20 goals next year. I'm not saying he will... but what if. You want to pay him 7.5 mil a year for the next 13 years? THIRTEEN?! That's nuts - there's no way I'd do it if I were a GM... 7-8 is pushing it, after that someone else can have em.

Scott Gomez anyone?

Have an opening in my Head to Head Fantasy Baseball league (dynasty). Please PM me if interested or want to see available rosters

Nofear is offline Amish Rake Fighting Champ
    vCash
    What is wrong with the Leafs is their management specifically Burke.

I use to support Burke and I think he's far from stupid but his self imposed code of ethics is killing the Leafs. The richest team in the business should never be standing by while other outspend and exploit the cap with megadeals.

Burke's refusal to go beyond 5 years, his insistance on not signing RFA and his self imposed trade deadlines are the things a financially strong team should leverage not hide from. The Leafs should be a mega salary haven and the Marlies can be stacked with 38 yrs old guys making 7 million a season to ride the bus.

Burke is a small market dream and a big market nightmare
    Last edited by Nofear; 07-04-2012 at 05:22 PM. Reason: couple sp mistakes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Really? I think those deals are awful ...

I mean, everyone's *****ing because we don't want to take on Lou's contract, but when the deal was signed he was an elite goaltender - one of the best in the game. Now the Leafs are viewing him as an "ok, we'll take him" kinda thing BECAUSE of that contract.

What happens if Praise just falls off the wagon and scores 20 goals next year. I'm not saying he will... but what if. You want to pay him 7.5 mil a year for the next 13 years? THIRTEEN?! That's nuts - there's no way I'd do it if I were a GM... 7-8 is pushing it, after that someone else can have em.

Scott Gomez anyone?
    I agree with you and even said that I don't like these type of deals, but at the same time we'll never ever ever land a key free agent without one of these contracts, which is why I'm pretty torn between being happy we don't have one of these contracts and mad we never land any good players

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by faridk89 View Post
    I agree with you and even said that I don't like these type of deals, but at the same time we'll never ever ever land a key free agent without one of these contracts, which is why I'm pretty torn between being happy we don't have one of these contracts and mad we never land any good players
    Fair enough - and your right we probably won't land those types of free agents, and I'm ok with that. If we were one player away, then go for it.... I wouldn't have an issue. We aren't one player away, though if Praise played center I might be inclined to go all-out but it's not even really a position of need for Toronto.

I just hate those type of deals, not because they cripple you financially (their cap hit isn't even really that bad), but because of the length of years required to get them. An injury and your paying dead money in cap space some <other> GM will end up having to deal with, long after your fired lol I also simply don't think Praise or Suter are a "top 3" at their position in the game, and that's how you have to be to get paid that kind of coin.

vCash
    The new cba is going penalize teams with thosr contracts ...geno from tsn tweeted something on it earlier..if optimized doesny find it first ill look later

vCash
    Nvm it was gord miller
    What's interesting about the Parise and Suter contracts is that they both drop off sharply in the final years to bring the cap number down. -- Gord Miller (@GMillerTSN)

The NHL has vowed to close that loophole, and warned teams that the transition rules would be harsh, but 14 teams have at least one of them. -- Gord Miller (@GMillerTSN)

Hard to imagine that half the league will be penalized by whatever rules comes out of the new CBA. -- Gord Miller (@GMillerTSN)

Parise and Suter contracts both structured as follows: $12m, $12m, $11m, $9m, $9m, $9m, $9m, $9m,&#160;$8m,&#160;$6m, $2M, $1m, $1m. Average $7.5m -- Gord Miller (@GMillerTSN)

The last three years bring the average down dramatically, which is what will likely change next time around. Contracts will be flatter. -- Gord Miller (@GMillerTSN)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ktownguy31 View Post
    Nvm it was gord miller
    What's interesting about the Parise and Suter contracts is that they both drop off sharply in the final years to bring the cap number down. -- Gord Miller (@GMillerTSN)

The NHL has vowed to close that loophole, and warned teams that the transition rules would be harsh, but 14 teams have at least one of them. -- Gord Miller (@GMillerTSN)

Hard to imagine that half the league will be penalized by whatever rules comes out of the new CBA. -- Gord Miller (@GMillerTSN)

Parise and Suter contracts both structured as follows: $12m, $12m, $11m, $9m, $9m, $9m, $9m, $9m,*$8m,*$6m, $2M, $1m, $1m. Average $7.5m -- Gord Miller (@GMillerTSN)

The last three years bring the average down dramatically, which is what will likely change next time around. Contracts will be flatter. -- Gord Miller (@GMillerTSN)
    pisses me off if the NHL doesn't do anything to penalize these teams, gives them a huge advantage

vCash
    So as far as nofear complaining about the lack us signing the long deals..its probably good that we havnt

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast