Whats wrong with the Leafs

To be Honest this is a Maple Leaf Situation

Top Lines Projected

Kessel, Bozak, Lupul
    JVR, Graboski, Kulimen
    Conloy, Kadri, McArthur
    Brown, Clement, Frattin
    Donít Forget: Joe Colbrone, Tyler Biggs

Event though the situation looks good at first sight, with prospects coming up from the marlies farm, Looking at the forwards especially the top 6, one thing comes to mind inconsistency. Other than Kessel not one of the players has produced on a consistent basis in their careers. I hate the old school thinking of Leafs regime signing players to max 5 year or 6 year deals. The Caps at 70 million dollars athletes are getting secured on 10 year deals so why not go hard at free agents. Toronto lost out on Richards and GAbroik the year before due to not spending more dollars and giving less terms. Parise would be a fit in Toronto except nowhere in no blogs, tweets or rumors have I seen Toronto atleast making a solid contract offer to Parise. I mean if the hockey team sucks you need to pay more dollars otherwise thee is no incentive for athletes to choose this city. Trades could be an option but why give up a boat load of your future assets when free agents wouldnít cost you even one. I believe you have to draft good and spend money to attract quality talent in order to have a good balanced team. So the way leafs are going do not expect the addition of JVR to resruct the franshise back to the playoffs. The way they sit their in line for a lottery pick next year. Now I wouldnít be as sour however the Edmonton Oilers did a complete rebuild the same time as the leafs.

Edmonton Promising DraftStars: Taylor Hall, Ryan Nugget Hopkins, Eberle, Yapukov, Magnus Paajavri, Justin Shultz.
    Toronto Promising Prospects: You could add Kadri, Colborne Gardiner Morgan Riley and Tyler Biggs however hey are way less proven and have a fairly limited ceiling compared to the Prospects in Edmonton who are already proving themselves.

Defence Pairings
    Phanuef Lilles
    Gardiner Komiserik
    Cody Franson Gunarson
    Donít Forget: Morgon Riley

This a very sub par defense group. I donít believe Phaneuf will put up the same numbers as last year. Iím also skeptical on Jake Gardiner, although a promising asset still very young and will need time to develop into a 2 way defenseman. Komiserik and his 5 million cap hit cant wait till this guy is off the books. Morgon Riley will play in the Ahl not the Nhl this year. Sutter which would make the Toronto defense better has nowhere been linked to the Leafs so he will be choosing another city.

Whatís Left Trades: Okay so you want Nash or Bobby Ryan

Heres what teams would want
    Jake Gardiner, Nazem Kadri and a 1st round pick at the minimum and maybe a Lupul

or
    Morgan Riley, Joe Colborne and a 1st minimum with a Graboski or Kulimen

This is why paying high dollars during free agency may look overwhelming but is the right way to go. You simply canít get a major Superstar without shedding a boat load of prospects in return. Now adding Sutter or Parise without subtracting anyone from the roster improves the team and makes it better. Vying for a superstar in the trade market one has to assume that the risks may outweigh the benefit as evident in the Kessel deal for Seguin. Is it time for a GM changes? What is the leaf brass doing? Truckulency helps in a certain degree but this is a game of skill speed and goaltending and the Mapleafs are way off from achieving this. Your thoughts please!

vCash
    Everything is wrong with them... BTW the sky is also falling...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ankit View Post
    To be Honest this is a Maple Leaf Situation

Top Lines Projected

Kessel, Bozak, Lupul
    JVR, Graboski, Kulimen
    Conloy, Kadri, McArthur
    Brown, Clement, Frattin
    Donít Forget: Joe Colbrone, Tyler Biggs

Event though the situation looks good at first sight, with prospects coming up from the marlies farm, Looking at the forwards especially the top 6, one thing comes to mind inconsistency. Other than Kessel not one of the players has produced on a consistent basis in their careers. I hate the old school thinking of Leafs regime signing players to max 5 year or 6 year deals. The Caps at 70 million dollars athletes are getting secured on 10 year deals so why not go hard at free agents. Toronto lost out on Richards and GAbroik the year before due to not spending more dollars and giving less terms. Parise would be a fit in Toronto except nowhere in no blogs, tweets or rumors have I seen Toronto atleast making a solid contract offer to Parise. I mean if the hockey team sucks you need to pay more dollars otherwise thee is no incentive for athletes to choose this city. Trades could be an option but why give up a boat load of your future assets when free agents wouldnít cost you even one. I believe you have to draft good and spend money to attract quality talent in order to have a good balanced team. So the way leafs are going do not expect the addition of JVR to resruct the franshise back to the playoffs. The way they sit their in line for a lottery pick next year. Now I wouldnít be as sour however the Edmonton Oilers did a complete rebuild the same time as the leafs.

Edmonton Promising DraftStars: Taylor Hall, Ryan Nugget Hopkins, Eberle, Yapukov, Magnus Paajavri, Justin Shultz.
    Toronto Promising Prospects: You could add Kadri, Colborne Gardiner Morgan Riley and Tyler Biggs however hey are way less proven and have a fairly limited ceiling compared to the Prospects in Edmonton who are already proving themselves.

Defence Pairings
    Phanuef Lilles
    Gardiner Komiserik
    Cody Franson Gunarson
    Donít Forget: Morgon Riley

This a very sub par defense group. I donít believe Phaneuf will put up the same numbers as last year. Iím also skeptical on Jake Gardiner, although a promising asset still very young and will need time to develop into a 2 way defenseman. Komiserik and his 5 million cap hit cant wait till this guy is off the books. Morgon Riley will play in the Ahl not the Nhl this year. Sutter which would make the Toronto defense better has nowhere been linked to the Leafs so he will be choosing another city.

Whatís Left Trades: Okay so you want Nash or Bobby Ryan

Heres what teams would want
    Jake Gardiner, Nazem Kadri and a 1st round pick at the minimum and maybe a Lupul

or
    Morgan Riley, Joe Colborne and a 1st minimum with a Graboski or Kulimen

This is why paying high dollars during free agency may look overwhelming but is the right way to go. You simply canít get a major Superstar without shedding a boat load of prospects in return. Now adding Sutter or Parise without subtracting anyone from the roster improves the team and makes it better. Vying for a superstar in the trade market one has to assume that the risks may outweigh the benefit as evident in the Kessel deal for Seguin. Is it time for a GM changes? What is the leaf brass doing? Truckulency helps in a certain degree but this is a game of skill speed and goaltending and the Mapleafs are way off from achieving this. Your thoughts please!

First off biggs will not be on this team,second its suter ,and finally You have to be a certain age to play in the AHL (someone correct me if im wrong) from my understanding ,which makes no sense because you can play in the nhl at 18
    morgan will be in junior more then likely for 1 more yr

vCash
    Lol.......

First of all it's McClement not Clement.

Second of all I disagree.

And third of all I agree the sky is falling, pigs fly, and the apocalypse is about to happen.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    hahah practically every name was wrong
    Graboski, Kulimen, Conloy, McArthur, Clement, Colbrone, GAbroik, Nugget Hopkins, Yapukov, Paajavri, Shultz, Morgon Riley, Phanuef, Lilles, Komiserik, Gunarson, Sutter, Mapleafs

vCash
    I am not saying I agree with OP (although some of what is in there, misspellings aside, makes sense), but for all the people derisively saying "the sky is falling" I have to ask: is there something about the current state of the Leafs that you find to be particularly promising? I am not sure that BB's inactivity can be viewed as a plan right now.

vCash
    We gotta pray for truculence.

vCash

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    Did Don Cherry write this?

vCash
    I think so..or hes an oilers fan

vCash
    Edmonton has finished dead last for the last 3 years... That`s why they have good prospects..... Do you want the Leafs to do that too...I dont

vCash
    I find it amusing he hasnt responded to stick up for his post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeysnow14 View Post
    Edmonton has finished dead last for the last 3 years... That`s why they have good prospects..... Do you want the Leafs to do that too...I dont
    we have missed the playoffs the last 6 yrs in a row...yes i would rather have came in last the past 3 seasons.

vCash
    Please close this thread...guy can't even spell. Most of us won't make it past the first paragraph. I know I didn't .

vCash
    Parise would be a fit in Toronto? no **** he'd fit in anywhere. If he can fit on a stacked pens team then why wouldn't he fit here?

Leafs won't show any interest in Parise but they will trade assets for "lesser" players like Nash and Ryan?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast