Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganSports View Post
    Honestly, No team can pay Parise whats being reported and also take on Suter at 13/90 like we offered. Suter would have to take less money to make it work. Anyways it sounds like Parise to the Pens is practically done and they have no money to make it work.
    I don't know. When the Parise/Suter rumors started people were saying it would take 14 mil to sign the 2 of them. If you paid Suter the 90 mil @ 13 yrs = 6.92 and Parise 100 mil @ 13yrs = 7.69, you're looking at roughly 14.6 mil. I think the Wings would sign them both at that price, depending on how that translates into a cap hit. They can always dump players for draft picks to clear cap space. If they can't do this deal, then I don't see how they can do a Suter/Nash deal.

vCash
    Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib
    #redwings weren't only team to meet w Suter today. #MNWild owner Craig Leipold, GM Chuck Fletcher & coach Mike Yeo just landed from Madison
    Agent Neil Sheehy was also on the flight. Wild clearly picked up Sheehy in Intl Falls and gave him lift to Madison for both mtgs
    Fletcher, Leipold and Yeo would not comment to me. Fletcher said he can't speculate as to what happens w Suter/Parise

vCash

Parise/Suter Saga - where will they go?

Just heard Babs was seen in MINN airport. I think if that's true, these holdouts wanna be in the same team. I can just hear Suter "get zach and you get me."

vCash
    May not hear anything on Suter until Thursday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9qVX...medium=twitter

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG
    Parise's camp, while not completely ruling out decision tonight, says it will "probably be" Wednesday. Let's do this all again tomorrow, OK?

Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl
    Text from Parise: "Nothing will happen tonight."
    Last edited by Wingman; 07-03-2012 at 07:43 PM.

vCash
    Great my 4th of July will be spent on Twitter, crap!

Earning Respect with every Withdrawal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganSports View Post
    Great my 4th of July will be spent on Twitter, crap!
    I doubt anything happens tomorrow, but who knows, right?

vCash
    I honestly think they are stalling to work a deal to get both of them on one team.

Catches: 14 Yards: 125 TDs: 1

vCash
    i hear it was 13 years 95 mill which is nuts to refuse and play for a team like detroit but what do i know im biased toward them landing suter.

vCash
    I blame the Hudler signing for the delay now. Huds maybe shoulda got 3 mil, maybe. He only had 50 pts last season. I mean he's a second line wing, and a flight risk if things don't go his way. But hey, in league where Leino halls in 4.5 mil a year, I guess 4 mil for Huds is a steal nowadays, and Sammy's 3 mil is an outright heist.
    Last edited by westhockeytown; 07-04-2012 at 12:18 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indi23 View Post
    i hear it was 13 years 95 mill which is nuts to refuse and play for a team like detroit but what do i know im biased toward them landing suter.
    It's crazy that Lids took less money just to stay in DET and Suter is holding out for Lidstom $$. The young guys can really learn alot from Lids. Like integrity, loyalty and compromise to benefit the team.

NASH signed D Mike Moore from SJ's AHL affiliate, so does that mean they are through with Suter and Klein is stepping up to 1st pair with Weber?
    Last edited by westhockeytown; 07-04-2012 at 12:19 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    It's crazy that Lids took less money just to stay in DET and Suter is holding out for more then Lids ever made per year. The young guys can really learn alot from Lids. Like integrity, loyalty and compromise to benefit the team.
    Don't preach that too much, he may sign with the Preds.

What I find strange. Last year when Lidstrom was debating on coming back there were numerous posts on various boards stating Lids should take a pay cut to help the team sign additional players. I even saw something like that prior to his retirement. Yet now, there seem to be tons of people willing to throw tons of money at Suter to get him to sign. How much do some of you think the Wings should actually pay for Suter? Personally, I think they are close to the limit.

Holland should pull the end around and throw some money at Carle, trade for Yandle, sign Doan, and call it a day.
    Kronwall, White, Carle, Yandle, Ericcson, Smith, Kindl. Looks like a pretty good D to me. Quincey was traded
    Last edited by Wingman; 07-04-2012 at 12:30 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    Don't preach that too much, he may sign with the Preds.

What I find strange. Last year when Lidstrom was debating on coming back there were numerous posts on various boards stating Lids should take a pay cut to help the team sign additional players. I even saw something like that prior to his retirement. Yet now, there seem to be tons of people willing to throw tons of money at Suter to get him to sign. How much do some of you think the Wings should actually pay for Suter? Personally, I think they are close to the limit.

Holland should pull the end around and throw some money at Carle, trade for Yandle, sign Doan, and call it a day.
    Kronwall, White, Carle, Yandle, Ericcson, Smith, Kindl. Looks like a pretty good D to me. Quincey was traded
    At this point I would welcome it, atleast the domino effect could be avoided and NASH's D stays about the same.

Suter should make no more then what Lids made last year. I mean come on guys, are we a vastly better team if he signs with us? He's one guy. This is not say we would be set for D if he signs but many have pointed out that his numbers are so good because he benefited from being paired with Weber. Which leads me to my next question...Why not wait until next year when Weber is a UFA and go for him?

vCash
    At this point I would welcome it, atleast the domino effect could be avoided and NASH's D stays about the same.

Suter should make no more then what Lids made last year. I mean come on guys, are we a vastly better team if he signs with us? He's one guy. This is not say we would be set for D if he signs but many have pointed out that his numbers are so good because he benefited from being paired with Weber. Which leads me to my next question...Why not wait until next year when Weber is a UFA and go for him?
    The cap for next year has gone up a ton so teams have more money to spend. If you have the money to make your team better and it won't hurt you down the road, why wouldn't you? He may be one guy but he's a #1 and that's something we lack now. Weber could be available next year...or he could sign a ten year contract with Nashville and then we would be screwed. You saw how we played last year with Lidstrom. I don't know about you but I would prefer to replace him as adequately as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    I agree with RW. We looked awful last year without Lidstrom. Unfortunately, I think the Wings are in on Suter til the end, if for no other reason than by default. I don't think the Wings are a vastly better team with Suter, but I do think they will be a vastly worse team without him. There just aren't many D men left. Look at the FA list on capgeek for defenseman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redwings13 View Post

The cap for next year has gone up a ton so teams have more money to spend. If you have the money to make your team better and it won't hurt you down the road, why wouldn't you? He may be one guy but he's a #1 and that's something we lack now. Weber could be available next year...or he could sign a ten year contract with Nashville and then we would be screwed. You saw how we played last year with Lidstrom. I don't know about you but I would prefer to replace him as adequately as possible.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Suter to the Wings, he's the best D man available. We need a #1 no doubt. But is it gonna break the Wings if he opts for another team? 29 other teams won't have Suter and will have to go on and work with what they have. It'd be no different for DET. There are trade options and we could still sign Semin.
    We do have an abundance of right wingers, right?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast