Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Suter to the Wings, he's the best D man available. We need a #1 no doubt. But is it gonna break the Wings if he opts for another team? 29 other teams won't have Suter and will have to go on and work with what they have. It'd be no different for DET. There are trade options and we could still sign Semin.
    We do have an abundance of right wingers, right?
    We just lost our best defenseman. Not many other teams did. Actually I don't think ANY other team did considering Suter is the only #1 available and Nashville still has Weber. I want Semin but Suter is much more important imo.
    You need centerman that can play two ways and if they donít play two ways in the end, you canít win, because the guy you are counting on canít get himself on the right side of the puck enough. So sure he can score, he can score but his team loses every night, I didnít know that was the objective. I thought winning was the objective. So if you centers canít play down the middle, and canít play without the puck, you have no chance.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    Yes we do have an abundance of forwards and who knows we might land Carle, or pick-up Kubina. The Wings wanted him at the trade-deadline. There are definitely other options. I feel someone is going to overpay for Suter because there is a bidding war. The question is at what point do the Wings walk away.

vCash
    I'd be willing to give up to 7.5 or so. The only other #1 available is possibly Yandle and I don't think he's even that good.
    You need centerman that can play two ways and if they donít play two ways in the end, you canít win, because the guy you are counting on canít get himself on the right side of the puck enough. So sure he can score, he can score but his team loses every night, I didnít know that was the objective. I thought winning was the objective. So if you centers canít play down the middle, and canít play without the puck, you have no chance.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash

Parise/Suter Saga - where will they go?

That says alot for what we have already on the team. Wingman mentioned in another post that if Suter doesn't sign, we go after carle and yandle and in his opinion we'd be alright, but now it seems you guys are all "suter or bust." I'm only saying the wings aren't doomed if we don't land him. The season is still 3 months away and moves will be made to fill Lids spot if he signs elsewhere.
    Last edited by westhockeytown; 07-04-2012 at 01:16 AM.

vCash
    Oh no, I'm not all Suter or bust. I think the Wings have put themselves in a position that they are going all in for the lack of players left. I would be perfectly fine with the list above. I think those players provide us a really good D. As a matter of fact, I can't think of a team that would have a better D.

We might have to add a rental. I see Lebda is still available.
    Last edited by Wingman; 07-04-2012 at 01:25 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    Oh no, I'm not all Suter or bust. I think the Wings have put themselves in a position that they are going all in for the lack of players left. I would be perfectly fine with the list above. I think those players provide us a really good D. As a matter of fact, I can't think of a team that would have a better D.
    Sorry man, that was more for RW then anything. I'm just not digging the doom and gloom approach to all of this. Plus I'm really getting sick of waiting for life move on. I just want the season to friggen start already (and no labor disputes this year either).

And I'd rather snag lilja over lebda for the swedish factor.
    Last edited by westhockeytown; 07-04-2012 at 01:29 AM.

vCash
    I'm ready for the season, too. I'm definitely tired of this Suter/Parise saga, but if we land one, or both I guess we will be happy. It doesn't matter to me that much. I just want the Wings to be able to put a really good team on the ice.
    Last edited by Wingman; 07-04-2012 at 01:38 AM.

vCash
    That says alot for what we have already on the team. Wingman mentioned in another post that if Suter doesn't sign, we go after carle and yandle and in his opinion we'd be alright, but now it seems you guys are all "suter or bust." I'm only saying the wings aren't doomed if we don't land him. The season is still 3 months away and moves will be made to fill Lids spot if he signs elsewhere.
    I'll admit it I am a little bit "Suter or bust". We just lost one of the best defenseman ever and a solid top 4 too. I don't think we're doomed if we don't land him. We could always get somebody like Yandle in a trade. I love the defenseman we have but if we don't land a pretty good defenseman I don't see us being Cup contenders, at least not until Smith becomes a superstar.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    Sorry man, that was more for RW then anything. I'm just not digging the doom and gloom approach to all of this. Plus I'm really getting sick of waiting for life move on. I just want the season to friggen start already (and no labor disputes this year either).

And I'd rather snag lilja over lebda for the swedish factor.
    Yah I am extremely tired of waiting for Suter and Parise. It feels like it's been weeks already lol.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    I personally don't have a problem at all waiting for there decision... If I was them I'd wait too I mean these guys have to think about there families and where they want to play for the res of there career... Hockey stars sign days of FA begins but look at other sports... Stars in baseball take months to decide where they want to go...

Yeah I would like to know just like everyone else but I'm not gonna sit here and say they need to hurry up because in all reality they don't... There gonna do what they feel is right and if it takes weeks then we just have to wait...

If we miss on both I'm ok with trading for yandle and bobby Ryan... That will still make us a great team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgerBlue24 View Post
    I personally don't have a problem at all waiting for there decision... If I was them I'd wait too I mean these guys have to think about there families and where they want to play for the res of there career... Hockey stars sign days of FA begins but look at other sports... Stars in baseball take months to decide where they want to go...

Yeah I would like to know just like everyone else but I'm not gonna sit here and say they need to hurry up because in all reality they don't... There gonna do what they feel is right and if it takes weeks then we just have to wait...

If we miss on both I'm ok with trading for yandle and bobby Ryan... That will still make us a great team
    I'm not really frustrated with them, more so with Twitter and media. I never want to use Twitter again after this lol. Every hour somebody reports that one of them is close to a decision only for somebody else to say five minutes later that Parise/Suter is still deciding at this time.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash

Parise/Suter Saga - where will they go?

Basketball teams have a week to court players before free agency starts right? NHL should do the same.

vCash
    more "inside info" that hes picked minnesota. read it on twitter. if i find it again ill post it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by macj313 View Post
    more "inside info" that hes picked minnesota. read it on twitter. if i find it again ill post it.
    I'm finding twitter is getting somewhat ridiculous.

vCash
    "Pittsburgh is OFFICIALLY OUT on Zach Parise. He will not be joining the Penguins." - Dave Molinari

I like the sound of this. Even if we don't get him at least he won't play for the Pens if this is true.

Edit: And three more people just tweeted this as well. It's official now.
    - Mike Babcock

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast