Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Parise/Suter Saga - where will they go?

Since so much focus is on Suter/Parise, I thought a new thread might be warranted. Rumors, speculations, etc. welcomed

If they want to play together, their teams are limited. Do you think any team can land both?
    I'm hoping for Suter. Rumor has it that Poile is getting impatient with Suter not giving him an answer, so he may have burnt that bridge.
    I could see Parise going to the Pens to play with Crosby. I just hope he realizes Sid is probably one good hit from being the next Lindros.
    Last edited by Wingman; 07-04-2012 at 06:21 PM.

vCash
    Yea, this thread probably should of been started a couple of days ago. Sounds like Babs was or is in minny (Parise). Article below says reason could be he is headed home, who knows.

http://detroit.sbnation.com/detroit-...arise?tw_p=twt

Earning Respect with every Withdrawal

vCash
    Pierre LeBrun, ESPN - When a young man is asked to commit for 13 years, why is it considered extraordinary to take a few days to make a decision?... A deal will happen when it happens..'' That was agent Neil Sheehy with update on Ryan Suter

Okay. Can we assume 100 mil by 13 = 7.69, or better yet 90 mil by 13 = 6.92

MS - that could be a good sign if it were true.

vCash
    well if its 13 years than i would guess its over 100 million and man i really hate those deals. I already don't like the Zetty deal and its only gonna look worse as time goes on. Hopefully we didn't offer 13 years, unless we front loaded the deal.

vCash
    The cap hit is the main thing. If the Wings are offering those kind of years, then they obviously think Suter is one of their franchise players and they want to keep him; however, I agree with you, there are some real disadvantages to these long term contracts, especially if the they have a NTC.

vCash
    From The Tennessean - Suterís agent, Neil Sheehy, said the Predators were ďin the mix.Ē
    General manager David Poile indicated Sunday he wanted to speed up the process in order to get Suter signed so he could move on with his offseason plans.
    The longer Suter waits, the more difficult it would be for Nashville to move onto a Plan B if he didnít sign here.

Frankly, isn't that all teams involved in this drama feel?

vCash
    ^I think all teams but Detroit really. We are so far under the cap that we can still go out and fill out the roster. I think our Plan B is a trade for a top defensmen and that won't go down until Suter signs anyway. Parise on the other hand may be hampering us somewhat but i think Semin is a target reguardless and I think a Nash or Ryan deal wouldn't start to heat up until Zach signs anyways.

vCash
    one of these guys better sign today,

vCash
    If we don't get word today, I think we are in for the long haul. I doubt a decision would come on the 4th so we'd be looking at Thursday probably.

vCash
    Reports keep leaking out saying NJ is slowly Uping the money upfront and overall to Parise. It seems like we are being used for leverage on this deal. If it was us you think he would have announced all ready. Suter's deal seems to be different, probably having a hard time coming to grips with leaving, lol.

vCash
    Most of the news revolves around Parise, but the one I am most interested in is Suter. Our plan B options are disappearing.

Dennis Wideman - Calgary, 5-year, $26.25M - traded by Washington
    Barret Jackman - St. Louis, 3 years, 9.3 million - stayed put
    Joe Corvo - Carolina, 1 year, $2 million
    Bryan Allen- Anaheim, 3 years, $10.5 million
    Jason Garrison - Vancouver, 6 years, $27.6 million
    Filip Kuba - Florida, 2 years, $8 million
    Bryce Salvador - New Jersey, 3 years, $9.5 million

vCash
    Hockeybuzz - Parise. Devils Money is Now Comparable. Team Stability only issue.

And the team's stability has changed how? Isn't that the reason Parise should leave?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganSports View Post
    Reports keep leaking out saying NJ is slowly Uping the money upfront and overall to Parise. It seems like we are being used for leverage on this deal. If it was us you think he would have announced all ready. Suter's deal seems to be different, probably having a hard time coming to grips with leaving, lol.
    i think the Wings should up there offer to Suter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by We_need_players View Post
    i think the Wings should up there offer to Suter
    Well we got Tootoo, so he won't feel lonely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    Pierre LeBrun, ESPN - When a young man is asked to commit for 13 years, why is it considered extraordinary to take a few days to make a decision?... A deal will happen when it happens..'' That was agent Neil Sheehy with update on Ryan Suter

Okay. Can we assume 100 mil by 13 = 7.69, or better yet 90 mil by 13 = 6.92
    Zach Parise does not deserve that type of money.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast