Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Viktor Loov looks pretty good from yesterday's scrimmage. Skating looks to be pretty fluid and he looks pretty big. Then again, I think he's already 19 or 20.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    I think you forget that Galchenyuk didn't play the full year either. A lot of scouts said he would have challenged Yakki for the 1st overall spot. No way Murray would have dropped past the top 3. Who does Rielly knock out of the top 3 then?
    If both were healthy I think it would have gone Yakupov followed by Gal/Reilly. Bumps Murray out. Murrays gonna be a great player but after seeing Reilly...the kids skill is just unreal.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by halladaymvp View Post
    If both were healthy I think it would have gone Yakupov followed by Gal/Reilly. Bumps Murray out. Murrays gonna be a great player but after seeing Reilly...the kids skill is just unreal.
    If both were healthy I think it would have went Gally, Yakki then Murray/Reilly. Burke really made himself look like a tool when he said he would have taken Reilly 1st overall if he had that pick. Could you imagie how the fan base would react if that happened with Yakki and Gally available?

vCash
    If both were healthy I think it would have went Gally, Yakki then Murray/Reilly. Burke really made himself look like a tool when he said he would have taken Reilly 1st overall if he had that pick. Could you imagie how the fan base would react if that happened with Yakki and Gally available?
    Well, maybe he would have? of course he can say that after. Pretty safe to say all the teams who drafted at the top got who they wanted or trades would have been made. It's also safe to say that without injuries, Gal and Reilly probably could have made a push for the first overall...I don't think it's as much of a stretch as you think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by halladaymvp View Post
    Well, maybe he would have? of course he can say that after. Pretty safe to say all the teams who drafted at the top got who they wanted or trades would have been made. It's also safe to say that without injuries, Gal and Reilly probably could have made a push for the first overall...I don't think it's as much of a stretch as you think.
    Up until the Leafs drafted him everyone was talking about Murray being the best d-man in the draft.

vCash
    I take that last post back...forgot he was injured for the year and that we were talking about if he had a healthy season

vCash
    I see Charlie Sarault scored another goal today at the rookie camp. He scored in 2 out of 3 games. Not bad for an undrafted kid at his first NHL camp. Hopefully he gets an invite to the main camp and turns a few more heads there

vCash
    I see Charlie Sarault scored another goal today at the rookie camp. He scored in 2 out of 3 games. Not bad for an undrafted kid at his first NHL camp. Hopefully he gets an invite to the main camp and turns a few more heads there
    Seemed to be throwing his weight around a little as well, which is nice to see from a smaller guy.

Nice thing to see is how our D are playing, though.

Rielly, Finn and Percy all look really good. Even Granberg and Loov are looking pretty good as well. Knodel looks like he's still a project, but he looks quicker.

Can't think of any other D off the top of my head, but the first 5 mentioned all look pretty good.

vCash
    Did any of the goalies stand out at all?

vCash
    Did Leo Komarov play? Haven't hear his name in a long time

vCash
    Did Leo Komarov play? Haven't hear his name in a long time
    Never played in any of the scrimmages. And for goalies, I didn't really pay attention and only saw 1 game, but Sparks looked like the best one to me. But like I said, didn't really pay attention to the goalies.

vCash
    The only reason you say that is because you know Gally personally... so that's just your bias view on it.

Even with a full year it would have been very difficult to push Yakupov out of the first spot. Then it would have been Galchenyuk maybe and then Rielly. Rielly knocks out Murray simply because of his offensive potential and skating skills.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    So it seems reilly might be ahead of the curve...he could be where gardiner was last yr..but obviously younger

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    The only reason you say that is because you know Gally personally... so that's just your bias view on it.

Even with a full year it would have been very difficult to push Yakupov out of the first spot. Then it would have been Galchenyuk maybe and then Rielly. Rielly knocks out Murray simply because of his offensive potential and skating skills.
    I know both Gally and Yakki personally...there is a reson I talk about Gally more...we used to invite Yakki's dad into our box to watch Sting games...Yakki was very grateful for it...they are both great kids and I just think Gally has more to offer...he reminds me of another friend of mine (attitude wise) who just won the Rocket Richard trophy
    Last edited by Lavy16; 07-05-2012 at 09:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post

I think i would go Gally first too (yak/ murray/reilly 2nd) because he's a centre. Not only because we need one but because i tend to value centres more then wingers.

I think it would have been interesting if CBJ got the first pick. I think Yak would have slipped (at least to 3).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast