Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Stastney ????

vCash

Stastney ????

On XM Radio's NHL Chat, They had a Colorodo Columnist on the show. He apparently claims that he knows people in the organazation, who have told him that last year, Colorodo offered Stastney for Stafford, straight up but Darcy turned it down at the trade deadline. Darcy wanted Colorodo to throw in a highly touted prospect, which Colorodo ignored.

This guys says that the Sabres and Colorodo are again talking, however now, it is going to cost Buffalo Stafford and Mark Pysyk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    On XM Radio's NHL Chat, They had a Colorodo Columnist on the show. He apparently claims that he knows people in the organazation, who have told him that last year, Colorodo offered Stastney for Stafford, straight up but Darcy turned it down at the trade deadline. Darcy wanted Colorodo to throw in a highly touted prospect, which Colorodo ignored.

This guys says that the Sabres and Colorodo are again talking, however now, it is going to cost Buffalo Stafford and Mark Pysyk.
    I'm assuming you mean Stastny, organization and Colorado.

It makes sense that Darcy would turn down that trade when he was working on getting Hodgson to be the number one center. At the time, the Sabres were making a run at the playoffs and the hottest line was Ennis, Stafford and Foligno.

Now? I'd consider Stafford and Pysyk for Stastny to be a decent trade. I would only pull the trigger if I was planning on landing a new RW to replace Stafford in free agency though.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

3. 07-13-2012, 02:47 PM

4. 07-13-2012, 02:49 PM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    I'm assuming you mean Stastny, organization and Colorado.

It makes sense that Darcy would turn down that trade when he was working on getting Hodgson to be the number one center. At the time, the Sabres were making a run at the playoffs and the hottest line was Ennis, Stafford and Foligno.

Now? I'd consider Stafford and Pysyk for Stastny to be a decent trade. I would only pull the trigger if I was planning on landing a new RW to replace Stafford in free agency though.
    Not a big fan of Stastny. He's been always rumored to be traded for 2 years now. If he's was not traded at that time period, how in the world do you think they'll trade him now? If your trade does happen, who will replace Stafford?
    I'm Jim Morrison's Spirit.
    I see myself as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star. Everyone stops, points up and gasps "Oh look at that!" Then- whoosh, and I'm gone...and they'll never see anything like it ever again... and they won't be able to forget me- ever.- Jim Morrison
    Gimme Me A Bottle Of Anything And A Glazed Donut.......To GO!
    Bills,Browns,Nets,Sabres,Yankees,Indians,Pirates,USC Trojans,Syracuse Orange,Jeff Gordon Fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Bullseye, With the way you correct people all the time, thinking it makes you superior, I can tell your a single guy, living in mommys basement and never seeing a girl. As cool as you think you might be, nobody has respect for "adults" who use those little cartoon icons.
    He's got more post then you, so watch out!
    I'm Jim Morrison's Spirit.
    I see myself as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star. Everyone stops, points up and gasps "Oh look at that!" Then- whoosh, and I'm gone...and they'll never see anything like it ever again... and they won't be able to forget me- ever.- Jim Morrison
    Gimme Me A Bottle Of Anything And A Glazed Donut.......To GO!
    Bills,Browns,Nets,Sabres,Yankees,Indians,Pirates,USC Trojans,Syracuse Orange,Jeff Gordon Fan