Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 95 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ^^I was very confused for the first sentence and a half, but by the end of the second sentence I was caught up again. You mean you can see why MEMPHIS did it.

vCash
    fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...andre-iguodala

A very interesting, insightful read if your up to it.

Something I got a feeling RickyP would love.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    ^Yeah man, read it yesterday. Loved the article! It's a shame Iggy hasn't been racking up 1st team all defenses for years now. I especially love his narratives on guarding the elite players.

vCash

Around the NBA: 2012-13 Edition

Problem is hes an offensive cupcake.... Really a glorified uber athletic bruce bowen-type minus the 3ball

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Problem is hes an offensive cupcake.... Really a glorified uber athletic bruce bowen-type minus the 3ball
    Accept the article is solely about his defense, so what's your point? I'm talking about what he is, not about what he's not.

And if by "glorified Bowen" you mean he virtually destroys him in every statistical category, doubling or tripling Bowen's career stats in everything except 3pt shooting... And consistently the most dangerous transition/fast break player in the league besides Lebron, and best passer in the league at his position besides Lebron... Just a much better overall player in every aspect of the game except 3 point shooting. They're in different leagues man and Iggy contributes in so many other ways, they just happen to both be great defenders and play the same position. That's the only thing they have in common. About as baseless as the Jrue/Iverson comp.

vCash
    Maybe it's too early to be scoreboard watching... But the Celtics play the Magic tonight. After that, they have what should be a pretty difficult stretch, playing: Clippers, Lakers, Denver, Bulls, @ Denver, @ Lakers in 6 of their next 8 games.

I'm still not convinced that they're too much worse off w/o Rondo, but if we can rack up some wins in that stretch, we can make things very interesting by the break and around Bynum's anticipated return.

vCash

I think rondo is so overrated.... Overrated defnder and individual assists have no impact on wins whatsoever

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    I think rondo is so overrated.... Overrated defnder and individual assists have no impact on wins whatsoever
    I pretty much agree. Assists CAN contribute to winning, but there's not as strong a correlation as you'd think, even for teams as a whole.

Look at Boston, they have one of the highest assist to field goal ratios in the league, and they're a game under .500... Other teams with high assist to field goal ratios include Toronto, Minnesota, Washington, etc. The Knicks, Miami, Memphis, Indiana, and OKC have some of the lowest assist to field goal ratios in the league, and they're atop the standings.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/assists-per-fgm

You always hear about how many assists we had on how many baskets when we win, and that's great, but there's basically no correlation between high assists and winning games in general.

vCash

Dynamic scoring beats assists 100% of the time.... Unless u have magic johnson on ur team.... So, 99.999 percent of the time

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Now Jared Sullinger is out for the year... Bad week for the Celtics

vCash
    They might miss Sullinger more than Rondo even though he's just a midling role player.

Kobe is still on his assist tear. This is a new level of desperation to win games that we haven't seen from the Lakers or Kobe in a while. He's not only passing the ball.....he's practically Steve Nashing it out there. And Nash is automatic as a spot up shooter playing off of Kobe. They are not an elite team. But they are finally doing about as well as they can with that roster. If Kobe can stop gunning, then anything is possible. Democrats and Repbulicans will start to agree on common sense solutions. Cats and Dogs will become lovers.

vCash

^ and the sixers will become aggressive rim slashers

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    ....Hawes will become an elite low post defender and rebounder
    ....DC will figure out his rotation before a season actually starts
    ....Obama will join the tea party

vCash
    Boston is on fire since the Rondo injury. Not good for us at all.

Page 53 of 95 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast