Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 34 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 1414
  1. #496
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,012
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    James Harden's first game with the Rockets: 34pts 8asts 5 rbs 2sts 1bk

    Still 8 minutes left in the game.

    Thunder aint getting all that from Martin. I guarantee they will be worse without Harden.
    Yh thunder wont get that from martin but why would they be worst. Harden had no need for that on the thunder with Westbrook and Durant. Martin still gives them what they need only a little less defence. Harden has no lead on him on the rockets and can do as he pleases without a superstar taking over in crunch time

  2. #497
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,680
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Caino View Post
    Yh thunder wont get that from martin but why would they be worst. Harden had no need for that on the thunder with Westbrook and Durant. Martin still gives them what they need only a little less defence. Harden has no lead on him on the rockets and can do as he pleases without a superstar taking over in crunch time
    Harden > Westbrook or at least equal to him. He will prove it by the end of the year. People think he was the third wheel because they saw his role as 6th man without evaluating him as a player. In actuality he was the second best player on the team.

    Martin is not in Harden's league and that will be apparent by the end of the season. I think Harden's career is on the uptick while Martin has already peaked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13


  3. #498
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,012
    vCash
    1500
    Im not saying martin is a better player but he still gives the thunder what they need and not making them worst. I really wouldnt say Harden is a better player then westbrook yet. Hardens had 1 solid game in a houston jersey. Lets see if he can handle being a superstar

  4. #499
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,680
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Caino View Post
    Im not saying martin is a better player but he still gives the thunder what they need and not making them worst. I really wouldnt say Harden is a better player then westbrook yet. Hardens had 1 solid game in a houston jersey. Lets see if he can handle being a superstar
    Fair enough. The season needs to play out first before. I am looking forward to seeing how this plays out and whether I was right or wrong (about OKC being worse and Harden).

    In the long term, OKC will be fine. Anytime you have Durant, Westbrook, and Presti, your franchise is in good shape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13


  5. #500
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,772
    vCash
    1500
    Beautiful line from Harden. And judging by the shot chart he wasn't even taking it to the rack. He's going to be amazing. They need to turn some of their young assets into a great pick and roll big.

  6. #501
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,727
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    James Harden's first game with the Rockets: 34pts 8asts 5 rbs 2sts 1bk

    Still 8 minutes left in the game.

    Thunder aint getting all that from Martin. I guarantee they will be worse without Harden.
    Thunder wouldnt get that from harden either.... They had two guys ahead of him.... Remember?


    gotta pay the troll toll

  7. #502
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,680
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Thunder wouldnt get that from harden either.... They had two guys ahead of him.... Remember?
    Except he had plenty of games like that last year on his way to the 6th man of the year award and he was equal to, if not better than, Westbrook. The season will provide clarity to both of our statements though.
    Last edited by Knowledge; 11-01-2012 at 03:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13


  8. #503
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,727
    vCash
    1500

    Around the NBA: 2012-13 Edition

    Kevin martin has had huge individual games/seasons too.

    Youre being overly dramatic.... We all agree james harden is really good. Let it go.


    gotta pay the troll toll

  9. #504
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,012
    vCash
    1500
    I watched the Blazers game last night and Damian lillard looked a special player. Also batum look so aggresive compared to last season all be it its the first game. And wtf happened with Howards free throws. Guy was hitting all net

  10. #505
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,680
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Kevin martin has had huge individual games/seasons too.

    Youre being overly dramatic.... We all agree james harden is really good. Let it go.
    Never! Seriously though, I am planning on keeping track of how Harden does in Houston. Not to start arguments with you, but because I think it is a fascinating story that is appropriate for this thread. Feel free to ignore any Harden posts I make.

    Harvard professor Kirk Goldberry:

    One thing that is commonly overlooked in shooting evaluations is the basic ability to get shots. Dunks and layups are the most efficient shots on the floor, but for most players, they are hard to come by. Harden is great not just because he makes shots at high rates, but also because he creates the type of shots convertible at those rates. Not many guards in the NBA can generate effective close-range chances in the face of the defense as frequently as Harden, and this area represents the biggest gap between Harden and probable replacement Kevin Martin. Last season, 42 percent of Harden's field goal attempts were close to the rim, and he made 62 percent of them. For Martin, only 20 percent of his field goals were in this area, and he made only 53 percent of them. This means fewer layups, dunks, and free throws for the Thunder, but more for the Rockets.
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...art-comparison
    Last edited by Knowledge; 11-01-2012 at 06:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13


  11. #506
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,012
    vCash
    1500
    That article is a joke. When you play with perkins and ibake aswell as westbrook finding you cutting to the basket then obviously youre gonna have more inside look. Who has k-mart had.

  12. #507
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,889
    vCash
    1500

    Around the NBA: 2012-13 Edition

    Who does Harden have now?

  13. #508
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Philly born and raised
    Posts
    11,310
    vCash
    1500
    I don't think Westbrook is good at that.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

  14. #509
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,727
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    Never! Seriously though, I am planning on keeping track of how Harden does in Houston. Not to start arguments with you, but because I think it is a fascinating story that is appropriate for this thread. Feel free to ignore any Harden posts I make.

    Harvard professor Kirk Goldberry:



    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...art-comparison
    i have no issue keeping track of harden... i probably will too, and it is relevent to this thread.

    the only difference is that u seem to think that kevin martin takes the thunder down, which he doesnt. he can give the thunder extremely close production to what harden did, and they are still contenders.

    the thunder didnt downgrade.... harden upgraded his role on a new team wile the thunder got great value for their own purposes.

    as for that article... it related martin for his last season.... which was not on par with his history of getting to the basket/free throw line. so as long as martn goes back to playing like he typically does, that shouldnt be an issue and the article irrelevent.
    Last edited by BChydro86; 11-01-2012 at 07:27 PM.


    gotta pay the troll toll

  15. #510
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,095
    vCash
    1500
    The Thunder were far better with Harden. You just don't watch basketball, that's why you don't understand.

Page 34 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •