Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Just watched the gold medal game. After the victory, all the members of the US team wnet over and embraced Doug Collins. I felt like it was a huge sign of respect. Made me feel like if they had the chance, some star players might actually choose the Sixer because of DC.

Anyway, good win for team USA, happy for Iggy.

vCash
    ^^Agreed..Doug is well respected by the stars of the NBA..Congrats Team USA
    Big ups to Phins1983 for the Sig!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Just watched the gold medal game. After the victory, all the members of the US team wnet over and embraced Doug Collins. I felt like it was a huge sign of respect. Made me feel like if they had the chance, some star players might actually choose the Sixer because of DC.

Anyway, good win for team USA, happy for Iggy.
    Did u notice that Iggy didn't go over to Collins as the other guys did? I'm sure it's nothing, but it was definitely noticeable

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    Did u notice that Iggy didn't go over to Collins as the other guys did? I'm sure it's nothing, but it was definitely noticeable
    I saw the same thing...perhaps he had already hugged him prior to the camera showing the others, but I found it odd...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I saw the same thing...perhaps he had already hugged him prior to the camera showing the others, but I found it odd...
    He and Doug don't like each other. They haven't really gotten along since day 1, apparently. We talked about it a little in the Andre Iguodala Appreciation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MarreeseSpeights
    ‏@Mospeights16
    I wonder why Iggy didn't go speak to Doug like the other players??!!!
    Speights noticed it too!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    i love this trade but im a little nervous thinking about playing melo,pierce ect without iggy on the team

vCash
    turner and wright will defend them well, and not to mention ello n pierce will have to guard turner abd company also which wont be easy

vCash
    I think I have literally read every article and listened to every interview on the 76ers current situation in the last 24-48 hours.
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    congratz on getting into ucla.

ive been living in las angeles for the last 3 weeks.... its awesome.
    Cali is a nice place to end up. I left Philly 20 years ago and never looked back. Once I adjusted to the time zone/sports thing, it was great.

I do miss me some Pat's Steaks though....

vCash
    ^^^^^ Yeah but you got great mexican and fish in cali

Never heard of collins and iggy beef... whats that **** about ??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    He and Doug don't like each other. They haven't really gotten along since day 1, apparently. We talked about it a little in the Andre Iguodala Appreciation Thread.

Speights noticed it too!!!!
    I've been saying this for years. Everyone thought I was just talking out my *** because all Doug does is say great things about Iggy in public. I still catch grief for posting they were trying to trade Iggy(in a deal we'd all be happy with) in Doug's first season here. It just took a while...lol
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    I've been saying this for years. Everyone thought I was just talking out my *** because all Doug does is say great things about Iggy in public. I still catch grief for posting they were trying to trade Iggy(in a deal we'd all be happy with) in Doug's first season here. It just took a while...lol
    Yes, you were finally justified. Looking back, that trade thread is one of the funniest things on PSD

Doug is a master at playing the media. Especially since the current beat writers (at least the ones for the Daily News) take everything he says as gospel and you don't challenge his opinions in their articles.

He is great at subtly telling everyone how smart he is by justifying even his most ridiculous line-ups. The way he handles things can get frustrating at times, but he is a good coach.
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    Yes, you were finally justified. Looking back, that trade thread is one of the funniest things on PSD

Doug is a master at playing the media. Especially since the current beat writers (at least the ones for the Daily News) take everything he says as gospel and you don't challenge his opinions in their articles.

He is great at subtly telling everyone how smart he is by justifying even his most ridiculous line-ups. The way he handles things can get frustrating at times, but he is a good coach.
    Appreciate it.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash

Should Javale McGee Dominate the NBA?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/hakeem-olajuwon-says-javale-mcgee-dominate-nba-224109998--nba.html

Over the past few years, we've discussed Hakeem Olajuwon's very pricey coaching sessions on NBA post play with players ranging from LeBron James to Dwight Howard. Yet, while Hakeem's tutoring has produced positive results, those players also started out as established stars. As yet, Olajuwon has yet to tute someone who hasn't yet made an All-Star team.

His summer work with Denver Nuggets center JaVale McGee, then, holds a great deal of interest. In addition to being a player who hasn't yet fulfilled most of his considerable potential, McGee is also seen as one of the NBA's great blank slates, potentially a perennial All-Star but a player who hasn't yet received much in the way of proper instruction.

Hakeem, for his part, sees the same level of promise. In fact, after working with JaVale recently, Olajuwon says that McGee should dominate the league. From Mark Berman for MyFoxHouston.com:

"No question, I see him as another star," Olajuwon said in an interview with FOX 26 Sports. "That guy should dominate the league.

"He has tremendous talent. I give him all these moves and he can finish and he's already skilled. So now just show him how to use that skill to (get) to the next level." [...]

"The moves that we work on are not for a stiff big guy," Olajuwon said. "With him he's agile. The move flows. So I'm excited to see what he's going to do this year."

So is McGee. "There are some things that we already knew, but he has different tweaks to it," McGee said. "Then he has some stuff that you really didn't think about that he just throws out there that is amazing to see it."
    It's very reasonable to expect that McGee will improve after these sessions. That seems to be the standard takeaway from working with Hakeem, if only because deciding to do so in the first place proves that players are committed to working on their post play. What's a little tougher to figure out is whether Olajuwon is making accurate claims about McGee's potential or setting him up for disappointment.

McGee does in fact have All-Star potential, and a few terrific performances for the Nuggets vs. the Lakers in the 2012 postseason proved as much. However, there's a big difference between being one of the best centers around and dominating the league. In the modern NBA, the former is actually a pretty easy mark to hit. Outside of Dwight Howard, Andrew Bynum, and a few others, centers no longer factor as major scorers. For instance, New York Knicks center Tyson Chandler — reigning Defensive Player of the Year and a key member of Team USA's gold medal team — can be an acknowledged force while averaging 11.3 points (on very great 67.9 percent shooting), 9.9 rebounds, and 1.4 blocks per game. As long as a center plays top-level defense and rebounds, he can become identified as one of the best in the league.

JaVale isn't actually that far from that level, despite his maddening inconsistency. Statistically, he actually measures out pretty well. With the Nuggets, McGee averaged 10.3 ppg (61.2 percent from the field), 5.8 rebounds, and 1.6 blocks in 20.6 minutes. If he can keep his fouls down, score a little more, and become a more consistent defender instead of someone who mostly blocks shots, he will be one of the best centers in the league. Those are fairly attainable goals, even for someone known around the league as a bit of a fool.

There's a tendency to think of high-potential projects like McGee as boom-bust talents, but in order to boom those players still have to improve at familiar rates. The options for McGee aren't just making blooper reels or being a league-dominating star. It's perfectly fine if, for the time being, he focuses on expanding a few areas of his game and becoming one of the best centers in the league. The Hall of Fame can wait.

vCash
    I definitely see Javale McGee as a consistent double-double guy, who will be among the league leaders in blocks. He's got enough gifts to do that by accident. There will also be those games where he comes out of his shell and absolutely dominates. I'm talking about those 20-20 type games.

However, I never see him truly putting it all together consistently. He just doesn't have the basketball IQ, the patience, the aptitude, etc. He will never be a superstar in my opinion. He's never going to "dominate the league."

Page 25 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast