Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 93 1231151 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Around the NBA: 2012-13 Edition

We've done this thread a few times before and it's never really stuck, but maybe at this time of year it will. This is a place to talk about other moves going on in the NBA that don't directly affect the Sixers. I know there's the NBA forum for that, but it's good to have a place for the guys in here to talk to each-other about this stuff without getting dragged into the main forum homerism hell-hole.

vCash
    And the reason I thought to start one of these threads - because there was nowhere else to post this:

Danny Ferry. Wow.
    1) Atlanta/BKN have reportedly agreed to shed JJ's contract for Farmar, Petro, Morrow, Jordan Williams, and DeShawn Stevenson (maybe or maybe not contingent on DWill going to the Nets - there's conflicting reports).
    2) Atlanta/UTA have reportedly agreed to trade Marvin Williams for Devin Harris.

First or second week on the job and he's shed their two unmovable contracts for a bunch of short term pieces. If they move Josh Smith, suddenly next summer they're going to have Horford for $12m, Teague as an RFA, Bird rights on Harris and all those other guys, and then like $40m+ in cap room.

Seriously unbelievable job of going from perpetual mediocrity to perfect rebuilding scenario. Just crazy. If these deals turn out to be real, I'm going to really really regret us not getting him the job in Philly.

vCash
    Billy King picks up Joe Johnson....man if they don't lock up Deron that looks horrendous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McPeak92 View Post
    Billy King picks up Joe Johnson....man if they don't lock up Deron that looks horrendous.
    Haha, yeah, I was laughing pretty hard when I first read about the deal. Billy ****ing King. So awesome.

vCash
    Also is Brooklyn's abbreviation BKN? Maybe BKY or BKL? I don't know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    also is brooklyn's abbreviation bkn? Maybe bky or bkl? I don't know.
    bk
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    Also Dwight is ****ed if Brooklyn have $40m of DWill and JJ next season, because he'd have to take a pretty big pay-cut to go there.
    That really changes things for the teams willing to rent him, if he can't just walk to the Nets after the season. Maybe we should make a move. Or at the very least hold onto Brand as an expiring - that's going to have real value if Dwight's coming up to genuine free agency.

vCash
    I dont think they can sign deron and dwight now that they traded for johnson.

Steve nash to the raptors, possibly, teams in the Atlantic are tryna get better

IT IS WHAT IT IS

dont test my KNOWLEDGE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdiddy3883 View Post
    I dont think they can sign deron and dwight now that they traded for johnson.

Steve nash to the raptors, possibly, teams in the Atlantic are tryna get better
    Yeah the Dwight thing is dead, but it was looking bad for him in BK anyway. His best shot was over the last deadline, and he decided to opt in, in Orlando

vCash
    Honestly. When Billy re-signs Deron, I'm not mad at

Deron Williams
    Joe Johnson / Marshon Brooks
    Gerald Wallace
    Power Forward
    Brook Lopez

Not terrible for a team walking into a new arena in a new city

vCash
    Heard ATL traded Marvin Williams for Devin Harris.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    Danny Ferry is on a roll.

I would bet LeBron is pissed he never pulled this off when in Cle.

Scola wouldn't mind playing for LAL....would be a better fit for LAL and the PF working in the high post than Pau is.

Hawks are going to buy out Farmar
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Danny Ferry is on a roll.

I would bet LeBron is pissed he never pulled this off when in Cle.

Scola wouldn't mind playing for LAL....would be a better fit for LAL and the PF working in the high post than Pau is.

Hawks are going to buy out Farmar
    They (ownership) probably didn't let him. They were so concerned with winning immediately and keeping Lebron, they never built a proper long term plan around him.

This is the last time I have any doubts about someone who works in the Spurs FO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    its BKN

vCash
    Great thread idea holly. I'm going to stick this, at least for now. There's a ton of action going on around the league, and a lot of it can directly or indirectly affect the Sixers. It's also good to be able to talk about things going on with other teams without having to deal with the nonsense in the main forum. If it doesn't catch on, we can just unstick it later.

Page 1 of 93 1231151 ... LastLast