Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 121 1231151101 ... LastLast
    vCash

2013 Sixers Draft Discussion

i know it's way too early to begin discussing potential scenarios for the sixers, but with the college basketball season beginning to pick up some steam, i figure it'd be useful to have a thread where we could put any generalized thoughts on the potential draft class.

i'll start off by saying that i am developing a huge crush (not in terms of overall value, but in terms of my opinion relative to the consensus opinion) on victor oladipo, the junior guard on indiana. he can't dribble the ball very well, and he can't really shoot, either, but he's a great athlete, a good defender, and a tough player who is elite on the offensive glass and who gets a ton of steals.

he'll be 22 on draft day this year, but if he goes back to indiana for his senior season, he'll be 23 by the time of the 2014 draft.

has anyone else started to pick out favorites yet?
    Last edited by sixer04fan; 05-06-2013 at 11:03 AM.

vCash

talk about the 2013 draft - december

We drafted moultrie with our 2013 pick

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    We drafted moultrie with our 2013 pick
    only if we make the playoffs

vCash
    Patric Young we need a strong bodied rebounder not afraid to bang. His stock has dropped a lot since last season but for what we need a strong rebounder and defender, he fits the need. He doesn't the ball to be effect. So the offense can continuer to run through Jrue, ET, and hopefully Bynum. He's raw offensively but I think he'll be a lot like young Thad with opportunity baskets and hustle plays.

Been preaching for him for awhile now. He's one of those guys that even if we make the playoffs we can buy back into the late 1st round and snag him.

vCash
    damn and i thought we started a drafted thread too early last season....

conference play hasnt even begun yet and NBa hasnt even hit the all star break

Your 2014 OPSL Champs!

vCash
    wow, draft thread on december 3rd...

vCash

vCash
    Khalif Wyatt with our 2nd rounder....book it.

vCash
    I'm still recovering from the last draft, where I feel we pretty much **** the bed....twice in the 1st round.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    since the sixers are playing like absolute **** right now, i figure it might be a bit fun to look forward to what might happen if they continue to play like absolute ****, and then hit the lottery.

if the sixers somehow manage to get the #1 overall pick, they'd be looking at one of these two possibilities:

1: shabazz muhammad (W - UCLA)
    2: nerlens noel (C - kentucky)

since this is already a shoot-for-the-moon scenario, i'm gonna go ahead and assume that the sixers come back next year with a healthy andrew bynum in the starting lineup. with that assumption made:

in the first scenario, you'd be looking at something like holiday-muhammad-turner-young-bynum, which could be quite explosive offensively.

in the second scenario, you be looking at something like holiday-richardson-turner-noel-bynum, which is somewhat less explosive, but would almost certainly be quite a lot better defensively.

and then, just to cover all bases, if you were to trade andrew bynum at the deadline for a lottery pick, and then got insanely lucky with the pingpong balls, you'd be looking at this:
    holiday-muhammad-turner-young-noel.

looking at that, i think i'd rather take my chances with bynum.

vCash
    we wont be looking anywhere near the first pick, highly doubt we see the lottery either. you saw what we did to the 3rd best teams in the East when Holiday came back....

Your 2014 OPSL Champs!

vCash
    The Hawks aren't exactly world beaters. And their effort that night wasn't terribly impressive. I agree we won't be getting a high pick, but there's def a good chance we end up in the lottery if Bynum doesn't return at a high level.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    thats my point with ATL. they arent any good yet they were 16-8 or whatever. the East is as bad as its been in a while and that says a lot. i really dont see anyway we miss the playoffs with a healthy squad, i still think we are likely a 6 seed.

Your 2014 OPSL Champs!

vCash
    This draft sucks! Shabazz is iite, but I don't see anything special in Noel. If anything, I think we should trade for someone from this past draft, or go hard after a good 2014 pick.

vCash
    thats my point with ATL. they arent any good yet they were 16-8 or whatever. the East is as bad as its been in a while and that says a lot. i really dont see anyway we miss the playoffs with a healthy squad, i still think we are likely a 6 seed.
    the sixers have some kind of juju over atlanta. they're 6-2 against them in the doug colins era, and they've actually won each of the last 6. so, i don't think beating them is something that you should necessarily hang your hat on.

we wont be looking anywhere near the first pick, highly doubt we see the lottery either. you saw what we did to the 3rd best teams in the East when Holiday came back....
    yes, but you also saw what this team did when holiday was out of the lineup. if they lose him, or if they lose turner, the bottom falls out really quickly.

Page 1 of 121 1231151101 ... LastLast