Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchie View Post
    sorry guys
    lot of works since august...so i wasn't really there.

What do you want to know about Rudy Gobert ?

i don't see us trading lamb or PJ3...the only guy we can trade can be Maynor IMO...and currently, not sure we'll get lot in return. I'd say maybe keep him and pray sohe'll recover some skills he lost since last year
    Everything, whats his game look like and who would compare him too? U ever watch him in person??

vCash
    atually i've seen him 3 times last season (on tv), i've seen one "live" game of him 2 years ago bit he didn't play so much.
    he's really increasing his level since last year.
    here is the stat of his current season in France :
    7.3 ppg 4.5 rpg 2.1 bpg (http://www.lnb.fr/fr/Pro-A/200006/Jo...61/Rudy-Gobert)
    he ws averaging 14min/game last season, this year 20, starting 6 out of 7 games.

the amazing thing : length of arms....it seems he has 2 arms on each side of his body he was 7'9 wingspan i think.
    he really plays around the rim, which is why he shoot the ball effectively (76%). On the defensive end, he alters some shoot. He's known in our league and guys know that he can block shoots so it's definitly a good weapon on the defensive end. he also runs very very well for a big, sometimes he's at the end of fastbreak !

he has to progress in every area, still raw on the offensive end an he has to add weight, his body is very slim actually. his jump shoot is not really reliabe.

At the beginning of november, there were 3 nba scouts coming one night to a game : cavs, sixers and pacers. The scout of the cavs was easy to recognize (even if he didn't declare he was coming)...ilgauskas is somebody you an easily see
    I didn't see him this year but one of my closest friend is referee in french league, he officated in one of his game and told me that he was better than last year, especially on the defensive end, he was doing a great job of boxing out his opponent. My friend ws also impressed by his offensive rebounding, he got some ball you think impossible.

here is a video from last year : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdTECazexFo

i've seen that a french basketball magazin had an article on him last week (making the cover) called "Rudy Gobert : the future"
    i'll try to get it and see if there is some news.

he's an amazing project i think. not nba ready for his body, but he will contribute in the future for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchie View Post
    atually i've seen him 3 times last season (on tv), i've seen one "live" game of him 2 years ago bit he didn't play so much.
    he's really increasing his level since last year.
    here is the stat of his current season in France :
    7.3 ppg 4.5 rpg 2.1 bpg (http://www.lnb.fr/fr/Pro-A/200006/Jo...61/Rudy-Gobert)
    he ws averaging 14min/game last season, this year 20, starting 6 out of 7 games.

the amazing thing : length of arms....it seems he has 2 arms on each side of his body he was 7'9 wingspan i think.
    he really plays around the rim, which is why he shoot the ball effectively (76%). On the defensive end, he alters some shoot. He's known in our league and guys know that he can block shoots so it's definitly a good weapon on the defensive end. he also runs very very well for a big, sometimes he's at the end of fastbreak !

he has to progress in every area, still raw on the offensive end an he has to add weight, his body is very slim actually. his jump shoot is not really reliabe.

At the beginning of november, there were 3 nba scouts coming one night to a game : cavs, sixers and pacers. The scout of the cavs was easy to recognize (even if he didn't declare he was coming)...ilgauskas is somebody you an easily see
    I didn't see him this year but one of my closest friend is referee in french league, he officated in one of his game and told me that he was better than last year, especially on the defensive end, he was doing a great job of boxing out his opponent. My friend ws also impressed by his offensive rebounding, he got some ball you think impossible.

here is a video from last year : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdTECazexFo

i've seen that a french basketball magazin had an article on him last week (making the cover) called "Rudy Gobert : the future"
    i'll try to get it and see if there is some news.

he's an amazing project i think. not nba ready for his body, but he will contribute in the future for sure.
    I like him because even if he isn't NBA ready we can let him set for a year or two and not have him count towards the salary cap. Is his range like other foreign players where they can shoot threes at a decent average even though they are 7 footers (Dirk, Bargnani)?

vCash
    no rudy is definitly not a shooter.
    he's playing arround the rim, in the paint.

you won't see him on mid-range or 3 a lot.

edit : Rudy is selected for the french All-Star game as a reserve in the french team (starter is alexis AJINCA, you've seen him with mavs and bobcats i think). The all star game in France is a game between the best french player of the league against the best strangers (mostly us) and has the nba all star game, it's not really basketball

But i'm still wondering if we had to draft a C.
    i mean, we got perk who plays still good basketball and he will for at least the next 2 season. We have project Hasheem who is playing better, we had project Orton, we have project pleiss who is still in spain. that's a lot of young C.

maybe look at the PF position because collison is not so young (don't get me wrong...i love nick and i'm pretty sure he has 2 other good years in front of him after this one. but maybe the time to take one who will be ready when Collison retire (mcadoo ? i've seen a lot of good things about him)

if we don't resign martin and don't sign FA reddick (such a good idea from darnell !), we'll really need a SG who can score and play. Marcus smart could be the good guy maybe. You maybe had seen him play, how he is ? i've just seen some video, pretty impressive actually.
    Last edited by frenchie; 12-05-2012 at 09:05 AM.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=-wVFjvad8Po#!
    a funny video of Kevin Seraphin (wizards) plays nba 2K12 with a french journalist (picking lakers)
    Kevin and the thunder destroy the journalist and the Lakers

Seraphin could be a great addition inside, he's playing well since last year... he's eanring 1.5m$ / year or something like that...
    presti, made something magic lmao

Seraphin is a former player of Cholet, town in France, the same where Rudy Gobert learn basketball (and also is playing for currently)

vCash
    I've been hearing that Okc still wants Varejao. They say that we have a right pieces that Cleveland wants( Jones, Lamb, Toronto's 1st rounder ). Would ya'll be willing to give them up for him??

I say that we trade Perkins, Jones, Jackson and 2 1st rounders(Mavs n Ours) for Anderson Varejao. Then we can hold onto Toronto's 1st rounder and maybe select Smart from Okc state
    Last edited by Mr_Amaziing; 12-08-2012 at 03:51 PM.

- Durant (35)
    - Ibaka (9) Go Okc!!!
    - Westbrook (0)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Amaziing View Post
    I've been hearing that Okc still wants Varejao. They say that we have a right pieces that Cleveland wants( Jones, Lamb, Toronto's 1st rounder ). Would ya'll be willing to give them up for him??

I say that we trade Perkins, Jones, Jackson and 2 1st rounders(Mavs n Ours) for Anderson Varejao. Then we can hold onto Toronto's 1st rounder and maybe select Smart from Okc state
    **** no to that first trade, thats almost like trading harden for varejo. The perkins one isnt that bad but i really like jones

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hievan View Post
    **** no to that first trade, thats almost like trading harden for varejo. The perkins one isnt that bad but i really like jones
    The 1st trade is what Cleveland wants but I doubt Presti would do that. We get raped in that trade. But the 2nd one is my opinion, makes sense for both teams. As much as I love Perry Jones, Cleveland would be more interested in him. And we gotta package him or Lamb in order to get Varejao. I Love both players but I think Jones is the one likely gone

- Durant (35)
    - Ibaka (9) Go Okc!!!
    - Westbrook (0)

vCash
    The 1st trade is what Cleveland wants but I doubt Presti would do that. We get raped in that trade. But the 2nd one is my opinion, makes sense for both teams. As much as I love Perry Jones, Cleveland would be more interested in him. And we gotta package him or Lamb in order to get Varejao. I Love both players but I think Jones is the one likely gone
    No to both trades, Jones & Lamb are players that can end up playing big minutes if they live up to potential. A line up of Russ, Lamb, Jones, KD, Ibaka could be dangerous if Lamb & Jones are the players everybody believes. Trade to send out Perk destroys this team, he's the glue to the team that keeps them together & from fighting in house. KD & Russ have grown a lot but they still need that guidance.

As for sideshow bob Cavs are 29th in field goal % which gives him tons of chances @ rebounds won't have that luck with the Thunder. He is just another Collison tons of energy but Collison is a better player then Varejao to me. The team is fine no matter who they have in the paint this team isn't built to throw the ball in the paint & watch them make it happen. Team is picking up it's rebounding numbers & will be fine with what they have

vCash
    Yea i understood that cleveland wanted it i was merely voicing my displeasure in such an offer. But i agree that varejo is just like collison starting on a bad team i wouldnt trade jones or lamb for him.

Honestly with the way we're playing right now theres very few trades id consider for anyone, we look great and are building chemistry.

vCash
    Nice info, I didn't know Cleveland were 29th on field goal %. But I still think Varejao is a Huge upgrade over Perkins

- Durant (35)
    - Ibaka (9) Go Okc!!!
    - Westbrook (0)

vCash
    I've already said that I want Varejao numerous times. Lets pull the damn trigger.

vCash
    PJ3 and two first rounders (not Toronto's), I'm in.

Varejao and Ibaka would be a legit front court.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LJEATON26 View Post
    I've already said that I want Varejao numerous times. Lets pull the damn trigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    PJ3 and two first rounders (not Toronto's), I'm in.

Varejao and Ibaka would be a legit front court.

Ight so we all agree on the trade, Now who have Sam Presti's number so he can make that trade

Perkins, Jones, two 1st rounders(Ours & Mavs), Jackson for Varejao

Pg- Westbrook / Maynor
    Sg- Sefo / Martin
    Sf- Durant / Lamb
    Pf- Ibaka / Collison
    C- Varejao / Thabeet / Orton

- Durant (35)
    - Ibaka (9) Go Okc!!!
    - Westbrook (0)

vCash
    Ight so we all agree on the trade, Now who have Sam Presti's number so he can make that trade

Perkins, Jones, two 1st rounders(Ours & Mavs), Jackson for Varejao

Pg- Westbrook / Maynor
    Sg- Sefo / Martin
    Sf- Durant / Lamb
    Pf- Ibaka / Collison
    C- Varejao / Thabeet / Orton
    E-mail: fans@thunder-nba.com
    Phone: 405-208-4800

BUSINESS OFFICE
    Two Leadership Square
    211 N. Robinson Ave., Suite 300
    Oklahoma City, OK 73102